Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replace xml values -- Shell -- Post 302262935 by Christoph Spohr on Saturday 29th of November 2008 04:21:33 PM
Old 11-29-2008
Hi,

first save the desired information in two variables using process substitution:

Code:
read date lang < <(sed -n "s#.*date>\(.*\)</.*#\1#p;s#.*age>\(.*\)</lan.*#\1#p" file.xml)

Then substitute the markers in the temp file:

Code:
sed "s/<export_date>/${date}/;s/<language>/${lang}/" temp.txt

HTH Chris

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Web Development

Replace xml values

Hallo all, I try to create a bash script but till now without any positiv results. The script should replace different variables in a text file with the right xml values Look at the following xml file: file.xml =================================== <?xml version="1.0"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: research3
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to change XML values with shell scripting for Network Simulation

Hello, I don't have experience in this scripting and I need some help to read a value from an XML file and change it with a random number to use in simulator for different network scenarios. </Description><sim_comm_rounds>35</sim_comm_rounds><num_clusters>1</num_clusters><Clocking> I want to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: erhanasd
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell or perl script to replace XML text in bulk

Hi, I am looking for assistance over shell or perl (without XML twig module) which replace string in XML file under particular branch..example of code file sample.. Exact requirment : Replace "Su saldo es" in below file with "Your balance" but only in XML branch of Text id=98 and Text Id=12... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashu_099
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Command to compare two xml lines while ignoring xml tags

I've got two different files and want to compare them. File 1 : HTML Code: <response ticketId="944" type="getQueryResults"><status>COMPLETE</status><description>Query results fetched successfully</description><recordSet totalCount="1" type="sms_records"><record... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shaishav Shah
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing values to an XML file from shell script

:wall: Hi, I have an XML file with 5 tags. I need to pass values to the XML file from a shell script that will replace values in 2 of the tags. I cannot hardcode the tag values in XML and use replace command in script as the values are likely to change. Please help !!!!!!!!!!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Monalisaa
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading XML file and print the values in the text file using Linux shell script

hi guys, i want help... Reding XML file and print the values into the text file using linux shell script file as per below xml file <sequence> <Filename>aldorzum.doc</Filename> <DivisionCode>US</DivisionCode> <ContentType>Template</ContentType> <ProductCode>VIMZIM</ProductCode> </sequence>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sravanreddy
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

How to replace Ip address in .xml file through shell script?

I have one .xml file. which contains the following line. <ParamString StringId="PortAddress" StringValue="172.27.166.170" /> <ParamString StringId="PortAddress" StringValue="172.27.166.171" /> <ParamString StringId="PortAddress" StringValue="172.27.166.202" /> <ParamString... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjan Ganguly
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX UNIX Script to Replace XML Values

Hi - I've seen variations of this same question asked but I have not been able to find an answer that fits my problem. Please direct me to another post if there already is a solution to this. I'm trying to write a Unix script to dynamically iterate through a flat file and replace a value in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ocbit
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting error while including values in xml tags using shell script

Hi All, Please find the code below where I want to add the variable value in between the XML tags. I am taking one string and my goal is to put them between the xml tags. Ex : in between <name> , <lname> Kindly suggest a correction because while executing this script I am getting and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajneesh4U
8 Replies
Locale::Language(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				     Locale::Language(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Language - standard codes for language identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Language; $lang = code2language('en'); # $lang gets 'English' $code = language2code('French'); # $code gets 'fr' @codes = all_language_codes(); @names = all_language_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Language" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying languages, such as those as defined in ISO 639. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639 two- letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying languages. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lang = code2language('en','alpha-2'); $lang = code2language('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha-2, LOCALE_LANG_ALPHA_2 This is the set of two-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-1, such as 'he' for Hebrew. It also includes additions to this set included in the IANA language registry. This is the default code set. alpha-3, LOCALE_LANG_ALPHA_3 This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) bibliographic codes from ISO 639-2 and 639-5, such as 'heb' for Hebrew. It also includes additions to this set included in the IANA language registry. term, LOCALE_LANG_TERM This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) terminologic codes from ISO 639. ROUTINES
code2language ( CODE [,CODESET] ) language2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) language_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_language_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_language_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Language::rename_language ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Language::add_language ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Language::delete_language ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Language::add_language_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Language::delete_language_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Language::rename_language_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Language::add_language_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Language::delete_language_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/ Source of the ISO 639-2 codes. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/ Source of the ISO 639-5 codes. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 Locale::Language(3pm)