Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Whats the problem whit my script??? Post 302262864 by cristi2008 on Saturday 29th of November 2008 09:29:23 AM
Old 11-29-2008
SOLVED

#!/bin/bash
file=$1
awk
'
{
if ( NR % 2 == 0)
{ ( getline < "$file" )
print > "even.txt"

}
else
{ ( getline < "$file" )
print > "odd.txt"

}
}
' $file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

compress and descompress file whit pack

hi i dont can traspassing file from unix sco compress whit pack or compress i dont can descompress whit other program... how i can do descompress that file in windows me.??? thank very much... pd:sorry my inglish (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jtapia
6 Replies

2. Solaris

connect whit Telnet without password

It's possible to connect whit Telnet (or rlogin) whithout password??? I must write a script (this script run on a windows machine), then after the connection on Unix machine, run a perl script and exit. I can know if an host can be consedered "Trusted" like SSH protocol? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raffyTxT
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

whats the purpose of the following script?

whats the purpose of the following script? who could run it? To what is the script refering that exceeds 75%? The mailbox? What does sed 's/%//' do? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vrn
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Whats wrong with this script?

Hi all, #!/bin/ksh BIN=/interface/Gunner age=$1 directory="$2" && directory=. cd "$directory" || exit 1 from=`$BIN/today -$age` cd $BIN for i in `cat filestoarchive.txt`;do cd $i find . -mtime 14 | grep -v '.tar$' | $BIN/dttmfilter | awk '$1<="'$from'"{ print;};' | \ done (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayarsenal
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Whats wrong in the script?

if then if then echo "fst argument is $1 " else if then "fst argument is $1" fi fi fi Can anyone tell me. My requirement is tht pass a string .. Check whether it contains "-". If yes then check if it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nehagupta2008
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Whats the error in this script

#!/bin/sh #usblcd clear while true; do tail -1 /root/Myprogs/apurva.log > /root/Download/usr/bin/output.txt cat /root/Download/usr/bin/output.txt | echo `awk '{if ($3 == "Connection"&&$4 == "Established") print"Connection Established "} else if {($3 == "DTNCO"&&$4 ==" Sent" && $5="Packet")... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: appu1987
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SOS whit SED

Hello, I know how to get a solution of a filtering problem with AWK, but i need change default field separator by a regular expression. awk -F "xxx" What i want to do is take a stranza as a field, so the field separator must be a EMPTY line. Does anybody how to do that?? a example: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: antuan
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Whats the error in this script ?

Can someone help me figure out the error with this simple script: #!/bin/sh fact() { if ; then p=`fact expr $1 - 1` else echo $1 fi echo `expr p \* $1` } echo "Enter a number you wish to calculate factorial... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sheelscripter
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Whats wrong with my script?

I am trying to find a value within a properties file and declare it into a variable. Script below. I want the "memSize" to be the branch from the properties file. Right now it always tells me "Not found" What am I doing wrong? #!/bin/sh memsize =''; memSize=`sed '/^\#/d'... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsekvsek
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sh Script whats wrong?

Hi there, i have a problem i have created followning sh files some years ago but now it dosen`t work anymore i never used it a long time. Can anyone find the Error? Its always runs the stop() block and trying to Killing the Server also if i try to start or creat a new one. #!/bin/sh stop()... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: NewCannon
6 Replies
COLORS(3)						   libbash colors Library Manual						 COLORS(3)

NAME
colors -- libbash library for setting tty colors. SYNOPSIS
colorSet <color> colorReset colorPrint [<indent>] <color> <text> colorPrintN [<indent>] <color> <text> DESCRIPTION
General colors is a collection of functions that make it very easy to put colored text on tty. The function list: colorSet Sets the color of the prints to the tty to COLOR colorReset Resets current tty color back to normal colorPrint Prints TEXT in the color COLOR indented by INDENT (without adding a newline) colorPrintN The same as colorPrint, but trailing newline is added Detailed interface description follows. Available colors: Green Red Yellow White The color parameter is non-case-sensitive (i.e. RED, red, ReD, and all the other forms are valid and are the same as Red). FUNCTIONS DESCRIPTIONS
colorSet <color> Sets the current printing color to color. colorReset Resets current tty color back to normal. colorPrint [<indent>] <color> Prints text using the color color indented by indent (without adding a newline). Parameters: <indent> The column to move to before start printing. This parameter is optional. If ommitted - start output from current cursor position. <color> The color to use. <color> The text to print. colorPrintN [<indent>] <color> The same as colorPrint, except a trailing newline is added. EXAMPLES
Printing a green 'Hello World' with a newline: Using colorSet: $ colorSet green $ echo 'Hello World' $ colorReset Using colorPrint: $ colorPrint 'Hello World'; echo Using colorPrintN: $ colorPrintN 'Hello World' AUTHORS
Hai Zaar <haizaar@haizaar.com> Gil Ran <gil@ran4.net> SEE ALSO
ldbash(1), libbash(1) Linux Epoch Linux