Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Capture two set of data to same line...simple Post 302262505 by elbombillo on Thursday 27th of November 2008 03:48:44 PM
Old 11-27-2008
This is for Mac OSX 10.5.5 Leopard.
But it's really a very generic question about merging data from two files and setting up variables. I actually will use this to search for the Applications only 2 directories in...
Code:
sudo find /Applications -depth 2 -name *.app |sed 's/ /\\ /g'

There is really nothing in the /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf that is useful now.

Last edited by elbombillo; 11-28-2008 at 08:44 AM.. Reason: Updated Command

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture POST data

Is it possible to capture data posted from a Web Form?? I mean when data in the form on a webpage is send via POST method and not GET method. Can it be captured! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: azmathshaikh
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Howto capture data from rs232port andpull data into oracle database-9i automatically

Hi, i willbe very much grateful to u if u help me out.. if i simply connect pbx machine to printer by serial port RS232 then we find this view: But i want to capture this data into database automatically when the pbx is running.The table in database will contain similar to this view inthe... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: boss
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture data in a file

How to capture the rows in a file after executing the store procedure using the perl scripts? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinay123
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

capture data from matched string/line

Hi, I have a query as follows : suppose I am matching a string in a file say "start from here" and I want to pick up 'n' number of lines () from the matched string. Is there any way to do that ? 1) going forward I want to do this for every match for the above string 2) or limit this to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumoka
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

set -x within script and capture as a file

Okay, I've been working on a script for providing information on the progress of a backgrounded ditto command. Thanks to google and a lot of searching I've resolved all but one very odd error. At this point, I want to use xtrace (set -x) to try to uncover the issue. I have found several examples... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: reid
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command line / script option to filter a data set by values of one column

Hi all! I have a data set in this tab separated format : Label, Value1, Value2 An instance is "data.txt" : 0 1 1 -1 2 3 0 2 2 I would like to parse this data set and generate two files, one that has only data with the label 0 and the other with label -1, so my outputs should be, for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gnat01
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk : Filter a set of data to parse header line and last field of multiple same match.

Hi Experts, I have a data with multiple entry , I want to filter PKG= & the last column "00060110" or "00088150" in the output file: ############################################################################################### PKG= P8SDB :: VGS = vgP8SOra vgP8SDB1 vgP8S001... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Select the ranodm percent of the line in the data set

Hello ; I have a file which has one column with 7200 ID. These line have been repeated for certain of these ID. for example, ID number 200 repeated 3 times, ID number 201 repeated 2 times and etc. How could I select 20% of the ID numbers randomly without repetition? Regards Sajjad (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sajmar
1 Replies

9. OS X (Apple)

Python script to do simple audio capture...

This site is the first to get this snippet. It will capture an audio recording of any time length within the limits of OSX's QuickTime Player's capablility... A shell script derivative of this will be used as a further capture for CygWin's AudioScope.sh. Thoroughly read ALL the comments in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
0 Replies
snmp_config(4)							   File Formats 						    snmp_config(4)

NAME
snmp_config - overview of Net-SNMP configuration files SYNOPSIS
snmp_config DESCRIPTION
This page gives an overview of the various configuration files used by the Net-SNMP software that is shipped with the Solaris operating system. In a configuration file, lines beginning with a hash character (#) are treated as a comment and are not parsed. Search Order By default, the Net-SNMP applications look for configuration files in the following directories in the order listed: 1. /etc/sma/snmp 2. /usr/sfw/lib 3. $HOME/.snmp In each of these directories, the Net-SNMP applications look for files with the extensions .conf and local.conf, in that order. The default search path described above can be overridden by setting the environment variable SNMPCONFPATH to a colon-separated list of directories. SNMPCONFPATH is used to allow users to place configuration files in specific directories for their application needs. Cur- rently defaulted to /etc/sma/snmp and /usr/local/share/snmp. Applications that store persistent data will also look in the /var/net-snmp directory for configuration files. Switching Configuration Types in Mid-File You can switch in mid-file the configuration type that the parser is supposed to be reading. For example, assume you want to turn on packet dumping output for the agent by default, but you do not want to turn on packet dumping for the rest of the applications (such as snmpget and snmpwalk). Normally, to enable packet dumping, you would enter a line such as the one below in the snmp.conf file: dumpPacket true Such a line turns on packet dumping for all of the applications. Instead, you can put the same line in the snmpd.conf file so that it applies only to the snmpd daemon. However, you need to tell the parser to expect this line. You do this by putting a special, type-specifi- cation token inside square brackets. For example, inside your snmpd.conf file you can enter: [snmp] dumpPacket true This tells the parser to parse the line as if it were inside a snmp.conf file instead of an snmpd.conf file. If you want to parse multiple lines rather than just one, you can make the context switch apply to the remainder of the file or until the next context switch directive by putting the special token on a line by itself: # make this file handle snmp.conf tokens: [snmp] dumpPacket true logTimestamp true # return to our original snmpd.conf tokens: [snmpd] rocommunity mypublic ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsmcmd | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
snmpd.conf(4), attributes(5), sma_snmp(5) SunOS 5.10 16 Jan 2004 snmp_config(4)