Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: rcp and ftp hangs
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers rcp and ftp hangs Post 302262358 by vbe on Thursday 27th of November 2008 04:43:42 AM
Old 11-27-2008
what are the boxes A, B, C?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

About rcp at Windows NT OS.

Now I want to copy a directry from Sco Unix at Windows NT 4.0 with Sp6. But I always meet the Permision Refuse error. I need your help. GOD Thank you very much. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: livic
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ftp hangs on file size = 0

I have an ftp process which runs every 10 minutes between Unix and an NT box. Normally it works, but when the script tries to get a file from NT that has a length of 0, the ftp process hangs (as if it is still waiting for the end of the file). This is the script... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mheinrich
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rcp

I am trying to set up RCP so root can access a few machines for file transfer. On the target machine, I have set up a .RHOSTS file that looks like: 10.33.1.59 root However when I try to use RCP to copy a file to this machine, I get permission denied. Is it possible since another user is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hshapiro
1 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

server Hangs during FTP transfer

We are backing up a oracle database by copying the datafiles from one server to another using FTP. while in the middle of the transfer the destination server closes the connection and it sort of hangs. After this we are not able to log onto the destination server using any other user apart from... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sgoundar
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RCP problems

Hi! Daily, one of our RedHat Enterprise servers tries to get some files from other RedHat Enterprise server through rcp. Strangely, only the smallest files (about 80K) are transferred, the larger ones (about 40Mb) are not. The rcp doesn't issue any error message, only keeps waiting and waiting... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daishi
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

using rcp command

Hi All, I am writing a shell script which will copy binaries from one remote server to local server. I am using "rcp command". But "rcp" command asks for the login password when copying to local server. Can anybody tell me how to pass the password through the shell script? Thanks ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitrajvarma
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp, rlogin , rcp, rsh are not wroking

Hi Friends I am facing one problem, I am not able to use ftp, rlogin , rcp, rsh in a particular server. when I am trying to ftp certain file from that server it is giving Connection closed by remote host. Now from other unix box I am not able to rlogin that particular server. as .rhosts... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itsjoy2u
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ftp script hangs for first time,but works every second time

Hi I have an ftp script which works fine when i execute through a test scheduler(UC4), but when i run it through the prod scheduler(UC4), it hungs indefinetely, when we cancel the job and re-run it it works perfectly fine. here is the code,, any idea why this is happening ???? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: selvankj
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

rcp -r || cp -r

what different between two instruction cp -r rcp -r (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tamer11007
1 Replies

10. IP Networking

Ftp hangs

On Oracle Linux 5, 64 bit (derivative of RHEL) ... I have a shell script that runs every Sunday, that ftp's a bunch of files from server 'prod' to server 'test'. Script executes on 'test'. This has been running for YEARS with no problem. Normally the FTP step takes about 1.5 to 2 hours. (pulls... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: edstevens
8 Replies
RCP(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    RCP(1)

NAME
rcp -- remote file copy SYNOPSIS
rcp [-px] file1 file2 rcp [-px] [-r] file ... directory DESCRIPTION
Rcp copies files between machines. Each file or directory argument is either a remote file name of the form ``rname@rhost:path'', or a local file name (containing no `:' characters, or a `/' before any `:'s). -r If any of the source files are directories, rcp copies each subtree rooted at that name; in this case the destination must be a direc- tory. -p The -p option causes rcp to attempt to preserve (duplicate) in its copies the modification times and modes of the source files, ignor- ing the umask. By default, the mode and owner of file2 are preserved if it already existed; otherwise the mode of the source file mod- ified by the umask(2) on the destination host is used. If path is not a full path name, it is interpreted relative to the login directory of the specified user ruser on rhost, or your current user name if no other remote user name is specified. A path on a remote host may be quoted (using , ", or ') so that the metacharacters are interpreted remotely. Rcp does not prompt for passwords; it performs remote execution via rsh(1), and requires the same authorization. Rcp handles third party copies, where neither source nor target files are on the current machine. SEE ALSO
cp(1), ftp(1), rsh(1), rlogin(1) HISTORY
The rcp command appeared in 4.2BSD. BUGS
Doesn't detect all cases where the target of a copy might be a file in cases where only a directory should be legal. Is confused by any output generated by commands in a .login, .profile, or .cshrc file on the remote host. The destination user and hostname may have to be specified as ``rhost.rname'' when the destination machine is running the 4.2BSD version of rcp. Linux NetKit (0.17) August 15, 1999 Linux NetKit (0.17)