Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris stop solaris 8 sendmail from running on startup Post 302262259 by candlejack on Wednesday 26th of November 2008 09:16:05 PM
Old 11-26-2008
For those interested:

svcadm disable sendmal

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

stop a process to start at system startup

Hi all! I'm running Solaris 10 and have a question about how i can stop a certain program to start at system startup,for example, as it is now sendmail is starting but i don't need sendmail,on the other hand so would i be very glad to get cups up and running at startup, anyone who can explain where... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: larsgk
3 Replies

2. Solaris

solaris 8/9 sendmail stop

Hi All, I need to stop sendmail from running on boot-up. How can I do this on Solaris 8 and 9 sparc? Please help and that you in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

3. Solaris

stop sendmail srvice

dear all does any one know how to stop send mail in solaris (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: murad.jaber
6 Replies

4. AIX

HACMP version 5.4 startup and stop scripts

Hi My hacmp version is 5.4 and it is a active passive cluster. Where can I find the startup and stop scripts? Please assist. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samsungsamsung
2 Replies

5. AIX

running fsck on aix in startup

Hi, I would like to know in which file I can get the option of enabling/disabling of running fsck on particular file system. As I know in /etc/filesystems these parameter should be there just like in Linux /etc/fstab I have created file system aix test but unable to find the option of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

startup script to monitor and stop exim

hi i am a newbie to linux , we use Communigate for our mail on Centos. my problem is how to stop exim from running at startup. If exim starts our users cannot send their mail. i have stopped it running on all run levels but if i check exim status it says : Exim is stopped but the pid is running. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dongcool
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

running my own script during startup

Hi, I am using scientific linux with is a red hat cloning. I have written a script and I want it to be run during startup before the user log in. How do I do that? I know that there is some connection to the run level and the directory /etc/rc.d. But I don't know how exactly to do it ?... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
4 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

I can't get sendmail to stop considering itself as localhost.localdomain

Hi, I am tearing my hair out, here. We have a CentOS 4.7 box running sendmail 8.13.1. I can't send e-mail out from that box to anywhere not on localhost, as I keep getting the error 'DSN Data Format error', and 'A real domain name is required to send e-mail'. I have edited the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: davidm123SED
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux startup and stop scripts using SSH

I have a question. Actually I want to make two scripts, one is startup.sh and other is stopscript.sh so for example, I have 5 servers. Each server has two instances :- abc111 - Masters -cra4 abc222 -middle tear -cra abc333 -middle tear -cra1 abc444 -middle tear ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siddharthjain
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script not running at startup

I am having check.sh script and check.service which I include to /etc/systemd/system/ chmod 744 /usr/local/bin/check.sh chmod 664 /etc/systemd/system/check.service systemctl daemon-reload systemctl enable check.servicecheck.sh: websockify 5555 localhost:7000 & date >... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomislav91
9 Replies
sndrsyncd(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     sndrsyncd(1M)

NAME
sndrsyncd - Availability Suite Remote Mirror update resynchronization daemon SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/sndrsyncd DESCRIPTION
The sndrsyncd daemon automates update resynchronization after a network or machine failure and invokes Point-in-Time Copy copies when needed to protect the data volumes being updated during a resynchronization. The daemon is notified by the kernel when a network link being used by Remote Mirror goes down and invokes the sndradm(1M) command with the -u option to resynchronize all Remote Mirror sets which have autosync switched on and are using the network link. See sndradm(1M) for details on how to configure autosync for a Remote Mirror set. The daemon is also notified when any Remote Mirror resynchronization starts or completes. The daemon takes Point-in-Time Copy snapshots, if configured in the Availability Suite configuration file. On a secondary server, the daemon checks if a file system is currently mounted on the secondary volume and informs the kernel not to allow the synchronization to start if the file system is currently mounted. EXIT STATUS
0 Daemon started successfully. >0 Daemon failed to start. FILES
/lib/svc/method/svc-rdcsyncd Shell script for starting sndrsyncd. /lib/svc/method/svc-rdc Shell script for stopping sndrsyncd. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWrdcr, SUNWrdcu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
iiadm(1M), sndradm(1M), sndrd(1M), svcadm(1M), ds.log(4), rdc.cf(4), attributes(5) NOTES
Do not manually stop the sndrsyncd deamon. If you need to manually stop sndrsyncd perform these steps. This stops both the sndrd and sndrsyncd daemons. # svcadm disable svc:/system/nws_rdc # svcadm disable svc:/system/nws_rdcsyncd Do not manually start or restart the sndrsyncd deamon. If you need to manually start sndrsyncd perform these steps. This starts both the sndrd and sndrsyncd daemons. # svcadm enable svc:/system/nws_rdc # svcadm enable svc:/system/nws_rdcsyncd See svcadm(1M) for additional information. SunOS 5.11 2 Oct 2007 sndrsyncd(1M)