Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris stop solaris 8 sendmail from running on startup Post 302262250 by itik on Wednesday 26th of November 2008 08:08:19 PM
Old 11-26-2008
stop solaris 8 sendmail from running on startup

sorry i got this already...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

stop a process to start at system startup

Hi all! I'm running Solaris 10 and have a question about how i can stop a certain program to start at system startup,for example, as it is now sendmail is starting but i don't need sendmail,on the other hand so would i be very glad to get cups up and running at startup, anyone who can explain where... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: larsgk
3 Replies

2. Solaris

solaris 8/9 sendmail stop

Hi All, I need to stop sendmail from running on boot-up. How can I do this on Solaris 8 and 9 sparc? Please help and that you in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

3. Solaris

stop sendmail srvice

dear all does any one know how to stop send mail in solaris (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: murad.jaber
6 Replies

4. AIX

HACMP version 5.4 startup and stop scripts

Hi My hacmp version is 5.4 and it is a active passive cluster. Where can I find the startup and stop scripts? Please assist. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samsungsamsung
2 Replies

5. AIX

running fsck on aix in startup

Hi, I would like to know in which file I can get the option of enabling/disabling of running fsck on particular file system. As I know in /etc/filesystems these parameter should be there just like in Linux /etc/fstab I have created file system aix test but unable to find the option of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

startup script to monitor and stop exim

hi i am a newbie to linux , we use Communigate for our mail on Centos. my problem is how to stop exim from running at startup. If exim starts our users cannot send their mail. i have stopped it running on all run levels but if i check exim status it says : Exim is stopped but the pid is running. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dongcool
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

running my own script during startup

Hi, I am using scientific linux with is a red hat cloning. I have written a script and I want it to be run during startup before the user log in. How do I do that? I know that there is some connection to the run level and the directory /etc/rc.d. But I don't know how exactly to do it ?... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
4 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

I can't get sendmail to stop considering itself as localhost.localdomain

Hi, I am tearing my hair out, here. We have a CentOS 4.7 box running sendmail 8.13.1. I can't send e-mail out from that box to anywhere not on localhost, as I keep getting the error 'DSN Data Format error', and 'A real domain name is required to send e-mail'. I have edited the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: davidm123SED
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux startup and stop scripts using SSH

I have a question. Actually I want to make two scripts, one is startup.sh and other is stopscript.sh so for example, I have 5 servers. Each server has two instances :- abc111 - Masters -cra4 abc222 -middle tear -cra abc333 -middle tear -cra1 abc444 -middle tear ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siddharthjain
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script not running at startup

I am having check.sh script and check.service which I include to /etc/systemd/system/ chmod 744 /usr/local/bin/check.sh chmod 664 /etc/systemd/system/check.service systemctl daemon-reload systemctl enable check.servicecheck.sh: websockify 5555 localhost:7000 & date >... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomislav91
9 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)