Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell Scripts for automating server inventory for unix servers Post 302262122 by Autocross.US on Wednesday 26th of November 2008 11:27:10 AM
Old 11-26-2008
Check out cfg2html:
cfg2html - Config To HTML Collector

It can take a while to run, and may be overkill in your case, but has a lot of info.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating interactive scripts

Hi all, I am trying to write a program that will automate interactive scripts that use 'pkgadd'. Easily enough I can use 'pkgask' and a response file for most of what I want to do, but unfortunately there are parts of some pkg installations that are configured to only take input from /dev/tty!!... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bookoo
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

Automating Database scripts in UNIX

Hi everybody, can someone please suggest me how to implement the running of SQL table scripts(.sql) at a specific time automatically in UNIX ?Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: konquistador
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hi everybody, can someone please suggest me how to implement the running of SQL table scripts(.sql) at a specific time automatically in UNIX ?Thanks (0 Replies)
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi everybody, can someone please suggest me how to implement the running of SQL table scripts(.sql) at a specific time automatically in UNIX ?Thanks (2 Replies)
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to connect unix server to unix server through shell scripts

Hi, I would like to connect UNIX server to UNIX server through shell scripts and i have some concepts . But i am totally confused how to connect UNIX server to UNIX server throuth running a script. It will be greatful to me if any buddy will help me. Thanks in advance. Phatan:) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phatan
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to connect unix server to unix server through shell scripts

Hi, I would like to connect UNIX server to UNIX server through shell scripts and i have some concepts . But i am totally confused how to connect UNIX server to UNIX server throuth running a script. It will be greatful to me if any buddy will help me. with simple example please. Thanks in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phatan
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To copy a file from one unix server to another unix server through scripts

I am getting the fallowing error when i am trying to execute the scp commomd in shell script warning: You have no controlling tty. Cannot read confirmation. warning: Authentication failed. Disconnected; key exchange or algorithm negotiation failed (Key exchange failed.). scp2: warning: ssh2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manit
1 Replies

8. Web Development

Help me in automating the recycling of UNIX server

Hello everyone...I am very new to UNIX hence needs your help in below. i have written a script to change some configuration in property files and its working fine.but to reflect that change at the application i want to recycle WAS and ihs.i.e. run below start and stop commands at /usr/local/bin ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanaa
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Server inventory software

Hi, do you know any good server inventory open source products? I want information like, server hostnames, ram, cpu, os, filesystems, volume groups, disks, adapters, installed software versions, firmware levels and so on os: aix, solaris, linux, hpux data should be kept in a database, web... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
7 Replies
Ns_Url(3aolserver)					   AOLserver Library Procedures 					Ns_Url(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Ns_AbsoluteUrl, Ns_ParseUrl, Ns_RelativeUrl, Ns_SkipUrl - URL manipulation routines SYNOPSIS
#include "ns.h" int Ns_AbsoluteUrl(Ns_DString *pds, char *url, char *baseurl) int Ns_ParseUrl(char *url, char **pprotocol, char **phost, char **pport, char **ppath, char **ptail) char * Ns_RelativeUrl(char *url, char *location) char * Ns_SkipUrl(Ns_Request *request, int n) _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Ns_AbsoluteUrl(pds, url, baseurl) Construct an URL based on baseurl but with as many parts of the incomplete url as possible. Return NS_OK or NS_ERROR. Ns_ParseUrl(url, pprotocol, phost, pport, ppath, ptail) Parse a URL into its component parts. Pointers to the protocol, host, port, path, and "tail" (last path element) will be set by ref- erence in the passed-in pointers. The passed-in url will be modified. Ns_RelativeUrl(url, location) If the url passed in is for this server, then the initial part of the URL is stripped off. e.g., on a server whose location is http://www.foo.com, Ns_RelativeUrl of "http://www.foo.com/hello" will return "/hello". Returns a pointer to the beginning of the relative url in the passed-in url, or NULL if error. Will set errno on error. Ns_SkipUrl(request, n) Return a pointer n elements into the request's url. SEE ALSO
nsd(1), info(n) KEYWORDS
AOLserver 4.0 Ns_Url(3aolserver)