Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Compare Array results
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Compare Array results Post 302262075 by yoavbe on Wednesday 26th of November 2008 09:47:35 AM
Old 11-26-2008
Compare Array results

Hi,
In a kshell , i need to compare the results of two array .
each Non-match value should copy to a new array.

For example:
==========
Array one contain the following values:
A
B
C

Array two contain the following values:
C
F
A
E

After comparing this arrays , a new array should be populated with the following values:
F
E

I will appreciate you help
Thank You Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Results of command execution into array

Hi Can anybody tell me how can I dump the results of execution of a command into array form? For example, I want to execute: and put each part of the result in an array element: Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alirezan
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

variable getting results from a log file; compare it in an IF cycle

Hi All I am going crazy trying to resolve this easy task.... I have a log file that is created by xcode; and it contains the results of a build (either success or fail); what i am trying to achieve here is to get the result from the log, and check if is a pass or fail in an IF statement, so... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbiez
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script compare all parameters in two files and display results

Hi , I am not familiar with shell programming. I have a requirement like i have two files .I need to compare the two files by comparing each parameter and i should produce 2 outputs. 1)i have around 35 parameters say i have one parameter name called db_name=dcap in one file and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding results of a find to an array

I'm trying to add the paths of all the xml files in certain directories to an array. I want to use the array later in my code. Anyway, for some reason this isn't working. Any help would be appreciated. Path_Counter=0 for result in "find * -name '*.xml'"; do XmlPath="$result" echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fly_Moe
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare two value in array - Perl

Hi, I just wondering if I want to compare previous value to next value if it same count + 1 if not doesn't count how do we compare in Perl? Thank (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guidely
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare two array

Hi firnds, I am having two arrays eg. @a=qw(1 2 3 4) and @b=qw(1 3 6 9) Now, I want to compare two arrays on first index of both arrays and if they matched, it should output remaining indexes Pseudo-code if ($a == $b) { print "remaining indexes";} How can i do this using perl? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Renesh
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare file to array, replace with corresponding second array

ok, so here is the issue, I have 2 arrays. I need to be able to create a loop that will find ${ARRAY1 in the text doc, and replace it with ${ARRAY2 then write the results. I already have that working. The problem is, I need it to do that same result across however many items are in the 2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gentlefury
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing the SQL results in array variables

Requirement 1) I need to execute 15 SQL queries in oracle through linux script. All these query results needs to be stored in array variables. Requirement 2) And these 15 queries needs to be executed in parallel. Requirement 3) Once all the queries executed then the shell script should... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Niranjancse
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append awk results into file or array

for a in {1..100} do awk '{ sum+=$a} END {print sum}' a=$a file1 > file2 done I know I will get only one number if following the code above, how can I get 100 sum numbers in file2? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wanliushao
2 Replies

10. Programming

Results Of A Variable Into An Array Using C Language

Can C add its results into an array like bash? For example using bash: cat /etc/passwd **truncated for space ** gdm:x:109:118:Gnome Display Manager:/var/lib/gdm:/bin/false mysql:x:110:122:MySQL Server,,,:/nonexistent:/bin/false statd:x:111:65534::/var/lib/nfs:/bin/false... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
5 Replies
ARRAY_MERGE_RECURSIVE(3)						 1						  ARRAY_MERGE_RECURSIVE(3)

array_merge_recursive - Merge two or more arrays recursively

SYNOPSIS
array array_merge_recursive (array $array1, [array $...]) DESCRIPTION
array_merge_recursive(3) merges the elements of one or more arrays together so that the values of one are appended to the end of the previ- ous one. It returns the resulting array. If the input arrays have the same string keys, then the values for these keys are merged together into an array, and this is done recur- sively, so that if one of the values is an array itself, the function will merge it with a corresponding entry in another array too. If, however, the arrays have the same numeric key, the later value will not overwrite the original value, but will be appended. PARAMETERS
o $array1 - Initial array to merge. o $... - Variable list of arrays to recursively merge. RETURN VALUES
An array of values resulted from merging the arguments together. EXAMPLES
Example #1 array_merge_recursive(3) example <?php $ar1 = array("color" => array("favorite" => "red"), 5); $ar2 = array(10, "color" => array("favorite" => "green", "blue")); $result = array_merge_recursive($ar1, $ar2); print_r($result); ?> The above example will output: Array ( [color] => Array ( [favorite] => Array ( [0] => red [1] => green ) [0] => blue ) [0] => 5 [1] => 10 ) SEE ALSO
array_merge(3), array_replace_recursive(3). PHP Documentation Group ARRAY_MERGE_RECURSIVE(3)