Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: unable to halt the zone
Operating Systems Solaris unable to halt the zone Post 302261959 by kumarmani on Wednesday 26th of November 2008 05:10:00 AM
Old 11-26-2008
No there is no error while listing the zone , please see the output below

Quote:
#zoneadm list –cv

ID NAME STATUS PATH BRAND IP
0 global running / native shared
3 content-server-zone ready /zones/ content-server-zone native shared

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to halt Prog Execution for some time?

Hi, Perhaps I am asking a silly question, but I really don't know about it. Can anyone tell me the function for "sleep" kind of functionality in C language for Unix. I don't think any function with the name of sleep() exits in Unix's C language. or perhaps I am not known with the header file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ahsan
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unable to login to zone after enable BSM

hi i am not able to the zones after i enable BSM, but i am able to login using "zlogin -S" option. is there any command which i can use to troubleshoot. thanks a lot! :cool: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: legato
0 Replies

3. Solaris

difference b/w halt shutdown

Hi, I want to know the difference between halt and shutdown commands and which is better to use? Regards, visu (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: visu_ak
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Creating A Solaris Zone - Unable to install - Are network settings required?

Hi i have created a solaris zone but have not yet connected any network cables for this new zone, can i set the zone up without running the command 'add net' and not adding an ip or physical interface? i tried to add dummy internet settings and get this zonecfg:coddr> add net... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbiesolaris10
4 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Shutdown to a Halt and restart

I've got critical patching this weekend on 6 HP UX machines, back to back and the customer has requested to shutdown, and halt the machines and to bring it up at a later period. The thing is the servers are located offshore and we are just the support team. I have a special login thru a console... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedkandi
16 Replies

6. Solaris

Unable to access serial port from non-global solaris zone on netra 240

I am trying to use a serial communications device that is connected to /dev/ttyb on a netra 240 server. This is a solaris zone configuration using solaris 10 0910. I am able to access /dev/ttyb from the global zone but not throught he non-global zone. I have enabled all of the tty devices in my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: disagreeable
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Unable to find utilized disk space on zone server.

Hi, I am unable to find remaining space on solaris 10. below is output. I am facing this issue on zone server. bash-3.00# df -h / Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on / 59G 59G 0K 100% / bash-3.00# pwd / bash-3.00# du -sh * 1K File_Stores 19K TT_DB 9K app 1K bin... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Unable to get Solaris 11 Zone onto the network

Hello, I followed these instructions to create a Solaris 11 zone: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/articles/servers-storage-admin/o11-092-s11-zones-intro-524494.html And I am unable to ping anything from the Local Zone except for the IP address of the global zone. My global zone has an IP... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: unblockable
6 Replies

9. Solaris

Unable to send mail from non-global zone

TLDR; non-global-zone has same configuration files (sendmail.cf) as global-zone but still unable to send mail out using mailx I have a S11.3 system that has a non-global-zone which uses the exact same sendmail.cf configurations as the global but, unable to send mail out from it. Apparently... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samthewildone
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Unable to login via console mode to non-global zone

tldr; We've installed a non-global-zone from a unified archive which once booted, we're unable to gain access to the system either through zlogin or zlogin -C. Errors; svc.startd: instance svc:/system/console-login:default exited with status 127 Investigation; 1) Already opened a SR with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samthewildone
1 Replies
brands(5)						Standards, Environments, and Macros						 brands(5)

NAME
brands - alternate operating environments for non-global zones DESCRIPTION
The branded zone (BrandZ) framework extends the Solaris Zones infrastructure described in zones(5) to include the creation of brands, which provide non-global zones that contain non-native operating environments. The term "brand" can refer to a wide range of operating environments. All brand management is performed as extensions to the current zones structure. Every zone is configured with an associated brand. The brand type is used to determine which scripts are executed when a zone is installed and booted. In addition, a zone's brand is used to properly identify the correct application type at application launch time. The default is the native brand. A branded zone will support exactly one brand of non-native binary, which means that a branded zone provides a single operating environ- ment. Once a zone has been assigned a brand, that brand cannot be changed or removed. BrandZ extends the zones tools in the following ways: o A brand is an attribute of a zone, set at zone create time. o The zonecfg tool (see zonecfg(1M)) is used to set a zone's brand type and configure the zone. o The zoneadm tool (see zoneadm(1M)) is used to report a zone's brand type and administer the zone. Device Support The devices supported by each zone are documented in the man pages and other documentation for that brand. The zones infrastructure detects any attempt to add an unsupported device and issues a warning to the administrator. If the administrator chooses to add an unsupported device despite that warning, that device might or might not work as expected. The configuration will be untested and unsupported. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for a description of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWzoneu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mdb(1), zlogin(1), zonename(1), dtrace(1M), in.rlogind(1M), sshd(1M), zoneadm(1M), zonecfg(1M), kill(2), priocntl(2), getzoneid(3C), ucred_get(3C), getzoneid(3C), proc(4), attributes(5), lx(5), native(5), privileges(5), zones(5), lx_systrace(7D), crgetzoneid(9F) SunOS 5.11 13 Feb 2009 brands(5)