Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: running .sh script in kshell
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting running .sh script in kshell Post 302261916 by Franklin52 on Wednesday 26th of November 2008 02:45:46 AM
Old 11-26-2008
The question is not really clear. Problems to run a script?
Make the script executable with chmod and start the script as
Code:
./ChangeFiles.sh

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Kshell scripts and timing

Hello everyone, I have a script thats acting funky, what I would like to do is report to a file, how long its taking to get to certain area's, in seconds. For example. -- Start timer -- Run unix command 1 -- Run unix command 2 -- Stop timer -- Report Seconds -- etc etc Is there a way... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbridle
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

callint Kshell script from bash default shell

I am trying to set some environment variables in a shell script which is written in Kshell. I am invoking this script in .profile. The problem is envirnment variables are set within the script but after exiting the script those are gone. I don't have any problem with If I have Kshell as my default... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: roopla
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

kshell variables and awk

Hi, Is it possible to initialise a shell variable and set it to a value from an awk command? i.e. #set myvalue = to the first 8 charachters of the line that begins with 0 myvalue = awk '/^0/ {substr($0,1,8)}' myvaluefile or even declare a variable, then reinitialise it as part of the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kshelluser
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Usage of fgrep -f command in kshell

Hi, Can I know the usage of fgrep -f command in kshell. Reqirement: Need to search for list of patterns in list of files and display all the files which are having atleast one in the patterns list. I hope fgrep -f will serve this purpose within a loop. But I am not successfull in doing this.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: divv
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substring operation in kshell

Hi, Please let me know how to perform the substring operation in kshell. If i have line like below 238923893282389034893489458945904589045454903490 i would like to retrieve the position 7 to 19, how to do this in kshell? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: informsrini
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to see a variable value outside a function in kshell

Hi, I wrote a small shell script which had function C_fun() and script name is same C_fun.ksh Here is the program inside the script #!bin/ksh -x C_fun() { typeset TEXT=${1} } echo Value of TEXT $TEXT When Im running the above script with Parameter "R" as the option .... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: somu_june
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

KShell regular expresion

Hi, I would like to know if the parameter i am passing to a shell script is contain the following charachter : ASM. I belive that i should use regular expresion here. Can one help ? Bellow is the "if statment" i need to fix with the reg exp: if ; then #echo "IT IS AN RDBMS... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoavbe
4 Replies

8. Linux

how to insert a title into a window in kshell

hi all, i am using a Ubuntu work station. i have following piece of code that works ok. But i cant figure out a way to insert a string call $Name into the title of the window i am opening. As you can see, i tried two different ways without a success. Can someone please help me out here? :( ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: usustarr
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help with Kshell Script!

I am an AIX noobie, and have a question around an AIX 5.2 script that I need to run. Security Audit requires us to have no World Writable files on our server, but every time we restart the Domino server on AIX it re-flags two files as World Writable. I have a little script that I created that... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nebs
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX UNIX (kshell) to Linux Shell Script Migration.

Hi, Could you please let me know what kind of changes/issues commonly occurs at Scripting /command level during AIX Unix (kshell) to Linux shell script migration. (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raghuraman.R
24 Replies
Tcl_AllowExceptions(3)					      Tcl Library Procedures					    Tcl_AllowExceptions(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tcl_AllowExceptions - allow all exceptions in next script evaluation SYNOPSIS
#include <tcl.h> Tcl_AllowExceptions(interp) ARGUMENTS
Tcl_Interp *interp (in) Interpreter in which script will be evaluated. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
If a script is evaluated at top-level (i.e. no other scripts are pending evaluation when the script is invoked), and if the script termi- nates with a completion code other than TCL_OK, TCL_ERROR or TCL_RETURN, then Tcl normally converts this into a TCL_ERROR return with an appropriate message. The particular script evaluation procedures of Tcl that act in the manner are Tcl_EvalObjEx, Tcl_EvalObjv, Tcl_Eval, Tcl_EvalEx, Tcl_GlobalEval, Tcl_GlobalEvalObj, Tcl_VarEval and Tcl_VarEvalVA. However, if Tcl_AllowExceptions is invoked immediately before calling one of those a procedures, then arbitrary completion codes are per- mitted from the script, and they are returned without modification. This is useful in cases where the caller can deal with exceptions such as TCL_BREAK or TCL_CONTINUE in a meaningful way. KEYWORDS
continue, break, exception, interpreter Tcl 7.4 Tcl_AllowExceptions(3)