Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Write the source code for messenger Post 302261913 by sumedhajain on Wednesday 26th of November 2008 02:39:54 AM
Old 11-26-2008
code in C in unix using threading

Can anyone send me the chat code in C in unix using threading in a single program.like we have to assume there is no server..plz.. i need it badly

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where can I review the source code?

A very n00b question: After compiling and installing software, where does the original source code reside? I'd like to study the source code of some of the ports I've installed. Thanks! :D (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aaron Van
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

write page source to standard output

I'm new to PERL, but I want to take the page source and write it to a file or standard output. I used perl.org as a test website. Here is the script: use strict; use warnings; use LWP::Simple; getprint('http://www.perl.org') or die 'Unable to get page'; exit 0; ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wxornot
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

read/write,write/write lock with smbclient fails

Hi, We have smb client running on two of the linux boxes and smb server on another linux system. During a backup operation which uses smb, read of a file was allowed while write to the same file was going on.Also simultaneous writes to the same file were allowed.Following are the settings in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swatidas11
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where can i get unix source code?

Sir please tell me where can i get source code for some unix kernal and shell also. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: VIPUL15
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Block of code replacement in Java source code through Unix script

Hi, I want to remove the following code from Source files (or replace the code with empty.) from all the source files in given directory. finally { if (null != hibernateSession && hibernateSession.isOpen()) { //hibernateSession.close(); } } It would be great if the script has... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hareeshram
2 Replies

6. Linux

Source code

I need the source code of fedora. plz plz plz help me........... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: neh
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Source code compilation

Need assistance in Source code compilation . When installing a software compiling a source code . Whatever the output that prints on the screen i want to log it into a file. How can i see output and store the output to file ./configure make make install Is there other way of seeing output... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Source code

hii... i am a biginner....and i have linux source code ,downloaded from some website ,a compressed file on windows and dont know how do compile them..... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: M K Raju
4 Replies
SOCKET_BIND(3)								 1							    SOCKET_BIND(3)

socket_bind - Binds a name to a socket

SYNOPSIS
bool socket_bind (resource $socket, string $address, [int $port]) DESCRIPTION
Binds the name given in $address to the socket described by $socket. This has to be done before a connection is be established using socket_connect(3) or socket_listen(3). PARAMETERS
o $socket - A valid socket resource created with socket_create(3). o $address - If the socket is of the AF_INET family, the $address is an IP in dotted-quad notation (e.g. 127.0.0.1). If the socket is of the AF_UNIX family, the $address is the path of a Unix-domain socket (e.g. /tmp/my.sock). o $port (Optional) - The $port parameter is only used when binding an AF_INET socket, and designates the port on which to listen for connections. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. The error code can be retrieved with socket_last_error(3). This code may be passed to socket_strerror(3) to get a textual explanation of the error. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Using socket_bind(3) to set the source address <?php // Create a new socket $sock = socket_create(AF_INET, SOCK_STREAM, SOL_TCP); // An example list of IP addresses owned by the computer $sourceips['kevin'] = '127.0.0.1'; $sourceips['madcoder'] = '127.0.0.2'; // Bind the source address socket_bind($sock, $sourceips['madcoder']); // Connect to destination address socket_connect($sock, '127.0.0.1', 80); // Write $request = 'GET / HTTP/1.1' . " " . 'Host: example.com' . " "; socket_write($sock, $request); // Close socket_close($sock); ?> NOTES
Note This function must be used on the socket before socket_connect(3). Note Windows 9x/ME compatibility note: socket_last_error(3) may return an invalid error code if trying to bind the socket to a wrong address that does not belong to your machine. SEE ALSO
socket_connect(3), socket_listen(3), socket_create(3), socket_last_error(3), socket_strerror(3). PHP Documentation Group SOCKET_BIND(3)