Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux cant mount dvd on iso9660 format Post 302261708 by mark54g on Tuesday 25th of November 2008 11:20:16 AM
Old 11-25-2008
This was already stated. Has it been tried?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Mount a DVD

Hi:- I am trying to mount a DVD using SMIT on an AIX server but getting the following error: "mount: 0506-324 Cannot mount /dev/cd0 on /cdrom: The media is not formatted or the format is not correct." Please help! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: janet
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 10 does not mount CD/DVD ROM

Hi All, I just bought the SUN x2200m2. After I installed Solaris, I cannot see the CD/DVD ROM. I cannot mount the CD/DVD ROM since it says already mounted. When I try unmount it I get message that CD/DVD is not mounted. :( Any idea please. Thx (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: afakhim
4 Replies

3. Solaris

DVD Solaris System Not able to Mount and Boot

Hi, I have a .ISO file of Solaris system burned into a DVD+ROM, and I encounter the following problems, I am using Sun V440 server, (1) Not able to detect the DVD contents under /cdrom. (2) After reboot with this bootable DVD, I get the following errors, ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Paris Heng
1 Replies

4. AIX

need help - How to mount DVD rom in AIX in Command line

Dear Friends could u pls help me on this . how to mount DVD rom in command line in aix? THanks DD (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ded325
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mount the cd/dvd drive

· Next, you will need to install the software package that provides DHCP services (a.k.a. the DHCP daemon software). It is located on the installation DVD ISO image for the CentOS Linux Distribution. Associate the (Disc 1 of 2) DVD ISO with the virtual machine's CD/DVD optical drive, create a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: beerpong1
1 Replies

6. Linux

Oracle Linux DVD that I install from wont mount

Hi, I am trying to mount my Oracle Linux 6-2 bootable disk that I installed from in order to manually copy off the packages directory onto the server ( to create a local YUM repository ) I have checked the DVD in my windows laptop and can see the packages folder ( so I know the DVD is iso9660... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
3 Replies
LOOK(1) 						    BSD General Commands Manual 						   LOOK(1)

NAME
look -- display lines beginning with a given string SYNOPSIS
look [-dfa] [-t termchar] string [file] DESCRIPTION
The look utility displays any lines in file which contain string as a prefix. As look performs a binary search, the lines in file must be sorted (where sort(1) got the same options -d and/or -f that look is invoked with). If file is not specified, the file /usr/share/dict/words is used, only alphanumeric characters are compared and the case of alphabetic char- acters is ignored. Options: -d Dictionary character set and order, i.e. only alphanumeric characters are compared. (On by default if no file specified). -f Ignore the case of alphabetic characters. (On by default if no file specified). -a Use the alternate dictionary /usr/share/dict/web2 -t Specify a string termination character, i.e. only the characters in string up to and including the first occurrence of termchar are compared. The look utility exits 0 if one or more lines were found and displayed, 1 if no lines were found, and >1 if an error occurred. FILES
/usr/share/dict/words the dictionary /usr/share/dict/web2 the alternate dictionary SEE ALSO
grep(1), sort(1) COMPATIBILITY
The original manual page stated that tabs and blank characters participated in comparisons when the -d option was specified. This was incor- rect and the current man page matches the historic implementation. HISTORY
Look appeared in Version 7 AT&T Unix. AVAILABILITY
The look command is part of the util-linux-ng package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux-ng/. BSD
June 14, 1993 BSD