Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Client-server
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Client-server Post 302261475 by kanexxx on Monday 24th of November 2008 10:28:21 PM
Old 11-24-2008
Re: client server

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpmurphy
Assuming you are talking about starting a VM automatically
Code:
vmrun start <path to vmxfile>

I already have my vmware server running on 1 pc and have several client connected to it from different ones. I'm wandering about how the server machine can shutdown/restart a specific client machine. Each client has different IPs.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

client server interaction? anyone know

hi there, i need help :( im trying to produce a program that would do the following, but i dont know were to begin, any help/guide lines, please im need help asap, One program is the main program, which fork/execs one referee process and three x,y,z processes repectvley. It then waits until... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zmanultra
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

client/server

Hi, yes i belong to that duummies group of people so here is the question that i need someone to explain it to me and posiblly to answere it to me in a plain english. This is the question: Describe the concept of “client-server” software. Discuss what each side of the equation... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bole
2 Replies

3. AIX

Client/Server Issue

I'm new to the forum and I know just enough about this topic to make me dangerous. This question is probably pretty basic to most of you, but here goes: I've got two servers that I'm connecting to via TCP/IP. The issue is that I'm losing connectivity between the two after a certain period of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: geauxtn
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Server/client chat

I want to make the following programm. Using the server/client model I want 2 client to connect to the server then the server sends back to the clients the ip address and a number of a poort in order to open a udp connection between clients without using the server? What I have done since now is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kasma
2 Replies

5. Programming

client and server programs

Hello, Looking at the asio.sourceforge.net library, I found a tutorial to develop simple client and server programs. Below I am pasting the client and the server. On my Fedora Core 4, I can compile the two programs(client is 'a' and server is 'daytime', but I have no idea on how to test them... ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: JCR
8 Replies

6. Programming

Client/Server Socket Application - Preventing Client from quitting on server crash

Problem - Linux Client/Server Socket Application: Preventing Client from quitting on server crash Hi, I am writing a Linux socket Server and Client using TCP protocol on Ubuntu 9.04 x64. I am having problem trying to implement a scenario where the client should keep running even when the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: varun.nagpaal
2 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Office server => laptop =>client server ...a lengthy and laborious ftp procedure

Hi All, I need your expertise in finding a way to solve my problem.Please excuse if this is not the right forum to ask this question and guide me to the correct forum,if possible. I am a DBA and on a daily basis i have to ftp huge dump files from my company server to my laptop and then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kunwar
3 Replies

8. Programming

Client Server C

Hello, Please I would create a client and a server in C that communicate frequently. The client sends "hello message" to the server, the server waits a few minutes and sends a "hello message" to the client, the client sends again "hello server ".. etc up to 15 minutes Can you guide me... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Client server C

Hello, Please, is there on unix.com the source code of a client C and server C: as shown in following figure: File:InternetSocketBasicDiagram zhtw.png - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Thank you so much for help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sftp script for dev server to client server

hi, i am new to unix, cuold u send some sftp acripts to send files to dev server to clint server, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Koti.annam
1 Replies
asadmin-shutdown(1AS)						   User Commands					     asadmin-shutdown(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-shutdown, shutdown - brings down the administration server SYNOPSIS
shutdown [--user admin_user][--password admin_password][--host localhost] [--port 4848][--passwordfile filename][--secure|-s] shutdown gracefully brings down the administration server and all the running instances. You must manually start the administration server to bring it up again. OPTIONS
--user administrative user associated for the instance. --password administrative password corresponding to the administrative user. --host host name of the machine hosting the administrative instance. --port administrative port number associated with the administrative host. --passwordfile file containing passwords appropriate for the command (e.g., administrative instance). --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the administrative instance. Example 1: Using the shutdown command asadmin> shutdown --user admin --password adminadmin --host bluestar --port 4848 Waiting for admin server to shutdown... Admin server has been shutdown EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command INTERFACE EQUIVALENT
Administration Server page asadmin-start-instance(1AS), asadmin-stop-instance(1AS), asadmin-restart-instance(1AS)asadmin-start-domain(1AS), asadmin-stop-domain(1AS), asadmin-start-appserv(1AS), asadmin-stop-appserv(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-shutdown(1AS)