Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Strict Argument
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Strict Argument Post 302261462 by reborg on Monday 24th of November 2008 08:14:24 PM
Old 11-24-2008
I have had enough of this. oxoxo is banned for continually posting homework/classroom problems.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find the last argument in a argument line?

How to find the last argument in a argument line? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nehagupta2008
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl strict

What is the sake of using `use strict;` in perl codes? and how can avoid it?.TnX. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaxon
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

get positive number n as argument script must calculate the factorial of its argument

Can someone please help me with this SHELL script? I need to create a script that gets a positive number n as an argument. The script must calculate the factorial of its argument. In other words, it must calculate n!=1x2x3x...xn. Note that 0!=1. Here is a start but I have no clue how to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: I-1
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

New PERL guru's help on strict.pm

I opened strict.pm and found some not understandable stuff, please let me know if you have any Idea on the same. 1) Line 23 => $bits |= (what is $= here how it affect the statement) 2) Line 36 => $^H (what is that I haven't found any statement on this in google) 3) Line 41 =>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jatanig
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot compare argument in if statement in csh/grep command if argument starts with “-“

If ($argv == “-debug”) then Echo “in loop” Endif But this is not working. If I modify this code and remove “-“, then it works. Similarly I am getting problem using grep command also Grep “-debug” Filename Can someone please help me on how to resolve these... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error:--test: argument expected--Even though i give an argument.

Hi All, I am running the script VBoxManage list vms |sed 's/"//g' | cut -d " " -f1 > har1out.mytxt result=`cat har1out.mytxt | grep $1' echo $result echo $1 { if then echo pass else echo fail fi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: harsha85
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help! Can't locate strict.pm after Cygwin update

I installed gcc4 today using setup.exe from cygwin. However, I cannot run any of my perl program after that. For example, Run@Run-THINK /home $ perl Process.pl Can't locate strict.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/5.10/i686-cygwin / usr/lib/perl5/5.10... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: littledeer
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Ssh disable strict checking

What are the different ways to disable ssh strict checking? I've seen this mentioned a few times but it doesn't seem to be working. $ ssh -o 'StrictHostKeyChecking no' admin@hostnamehttp://docs.oracle.com/cd/E35328_01/E35336/html/vmcli-ssh.html Is there a file somewhere in /etc that I could... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : Getopts and Strict -How to solve

How do I get past the error when using strict and GetOpts ? #!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use Getopt::Std; # Process the command line options die "Usage: $0 -r <router> -u <username> -p <password> -e <enable password>\n" if (@ARGV < 6); exit if (!getopts('r:u:p:e:')); my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
3 Replies
KITSEND(1)						      General Commands Manual							KITSEND(1)

NAME
kitpost - posts distribution kits SYNOPSIS
kitpost [ -hrV ] [ -H file ] [ -D desc ] [ -m dest1,dest2 ] [ kits ] [ newsgroups ] DESCRIPTION
Kitpost posts distribution kits made by makedist to some (source) newsgroups specified on the command line. If you do not specify any kit list, then all the kits are sent. Otherwise, only the specified kits will be (re)sent. A kit list may include ranges, 1-10 specifying kits 1 through 10, and 5- meaning kits 5 up to the last one. You may also specify kit num- bers by separating them with commas or spaces, and even mix with ranges, such as: 1 3 5-7 9. Kitpost ensures correct References: lines are inserted in your postings so that all parts but the first point to the root article. Threaded newsreaders and end-users traditionally appreciate that. OPTIONS
The following options are recognized by kitpost: -h Print help message and exit. -m dest1,destn Sends kits by e-mail to the specified recipients. This option may be used in conjunction with newsgroup posting. It is mainly intended for sites where direct posting to a moderated newsgroup is not allowed by inews. You may thus send your kits to the newsgroup moderator in a form that will ease the whole posting process. -r Signals a repost. -D description Specify a description string that will be added to the subject line. Usually a brief sentence (less than, say, 40 characters). -H file Specify a file to be used as header introduction in the first part of your posting. Usually the root README file. -V Print version number and exit. BUGS
Article cross-referencing is properly set-up only when the whole package is (re)posted in one batch. It is not currently possible to set-up the article headers manually or better, interactively. AUTHOR
Raphael Manfredi <ram@hptnos02.grenoble.hp.com> SEE ALSO
makedist(1), kitsend(1). ram KITSEND(1)