Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Really weird delete problem
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Really weird delete problem Post 302261409 by Corona688 on Monday 24th of November 2008 03:08:51 PM
Old 11-24-2008
I don't think it'd be an NFS problem unless you are actually mounting with NFS. Directories that used to be NFS-mapped shouldn't leave weird remainders behind, their contents would just vanish when not mapped in. Again, I suspect filesystem errors.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Weird Problem???

I have a problem I don't understand... I am trying to declare a variable, and then output the results of that variable, couldn't be simpler #!/bin/ksh VAR='Oranges' if then echo "Found Lemons" elif then echo "Found Oranges" fi The output shouold clearly be "Found Oranges", but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: danhodges99
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

weird problem with removing files

I have a few files on my system named: -rw------- -rw-r----- -rw-rw--w- -rwxrw-r-x (Yes, it's really the name of the file, not the access permissions, they're 0 bytes large and all created at the same date/time). I've no idea how they got there but I don't seem to be able to delete them... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rein
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to delete a weird file name

Hi, How do I delete a file name that starts with a hypen? e.g. -unix_file_2006_10_3 I always get an erroe when I use rm command. I am using Solaris. Thanks, Hi, One of the Unix books I read to remove this weird file suggest to use: "rm ./-unix_file_2006_10_3" which I did today and file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: XZOR
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Weird crontab problem

Greetings To All! I am running Solaris 10 in a sparc environment. Here is the deal: In /var/spool/cron/crontabs, there is a cron user named "sys". If I do a crontab -l sys, it returns: # 0 * * * 0-6 /usr/lib/sa/sa1 # 20,40 8-17 * * 1-5 /usr/lib/sa/sa1 # 5 18 * * 1-5 /usr/lib/sa/sa2... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: RobSand
8 Replies

5. Linux

Help! How to delete weird files ??

Guys, I have two files in a directory with weird permissions, size, owner, date etc... the problem is I canīt delete them! I tried to chmod the files and everything, but nothing seems to work. Anyone got any ideas ??? Look: # ls -l total 1327968579 ?--------- 48 1645863428 2150720025... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dfs
1 Replies

6. Infrastructure Monitoring

Weird dependency problem!

Hi, I want to install net-snmp-devel package but i have following dependecy problem. It's very odd, i don't get it. One of packages is depended on the other one, the other one is depended on the previous one as well. :S :S Could you help me please? Here are the steps: # ls -l total... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: oduth
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk weird problem.

awk 'BEGIN{print 1.2.3.4}' 1.20.30.4 Can anyone explain why has extra "0" in the IP address? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newoz
3 Replies

8. Programming

A weird problem with POSIX function

Hi all, Sorry for the title because I didn't find a proper name for it. My question is about POSIX functions, such as timer_create(), mq_open() and pthread_create(). void test_queue() { struct mq_attr attr; attr.mq_maxmsg = 10; attr.mq_msgsize = 64; mq_unlink("/my_test_queue");... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bus147
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Weird files to delete

Hi, I created some files with a script and I don't know yet where I did a mistake but the script created some "weird" files... prd01,/tmp # ls -al total 706184 -rw-r----- 1 root system 34 Aug 27 16:10 hdisk3BB hdisk3 hdisk3BB.tmp drwxrwxrwt 51 bin bin ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Castelior
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Weird awk problem

Hi, I have a simple awk script: BEGIN{} { $a=$2-$1; print $a } END{if(NR==0){ print "0" } } to which I provide the following input 2.9 14 22.2 27 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_123
4 Replies
xowish(1)							XOTcl Applications							 xowish(1)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
xowish - Graphical shell containing object-oriented scripting language XOTcl SYNOPSIS
xowish ?fileName arg arg ...? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
xowish is a shell-like application that reads XOTcl commands from its standard input or from a file and evaluates them. In addition to xot- clsh it provides graphical user interface support for TK widgets. XOTcl (XOTcl, pronounced exotickle) is an object-oriented scripting language based on MIT's OTcl. It is intended as a value added replace- ment for OTcl. Scripting languages, like Tcl, are designed for glueing components together, provide features like dynamic extensibility and dynamic typing with automatic conversion, that make them well suited for rapid application development. The basic object system of XOTcl is adopted from OTcl. The object system enables us to define objects, classes, and meta-classes. Classes are special objects with the purpose of managing other objects. ``Managing'' means that a class controls the creation and destruction of its instances and that it contains a repository of methods accessible for the instances. Every object may be enhanced with object-specific methods. XOTcl supports single and multiple inheritance. All relationships in XOTcl, including class and superclass relationships, are com- pletely dynamic and can be introspected. Through method chaining without explicit naming of the intended method, ambiguities in name reso- lution of methods are avoided. This way a shadowed method can be ``mixed into'' the execution of the current method. XOTcl combines the ideas of scripting and object-orientation in a way that preserves the benefits of both of them. It is equipped with sev- eral new language functionalities that help building and managing complex systems. We added the following support: Dynamic Object Aggregations, to provide dynamic aggregations through nested namespaces (objects). Nested Classes, to reduce the interference of independently developed program structures. Assertions, to reduce the interface and the reliability problems caused by dynamic typing and, therefore, to ease the combination of many components. Meta-data, to enhance self-documentation of objects and classes. Per-object mixins, as a means to improve flexibility of mixin methods by giving an object access to several different supplemental classes, which may be changed dynamically. Per-class mixins, as a means to improve flexibility of mixin methods to a class, all instances of the class have access to the mixed in methods like for multiple inheritance, but without the need of intersection classes. Filters as a means of abstractions over method invocations to implement large program structures, like design patterns. Dynamic Component Loading XOTcl integrates the Tcl package loading with architectrual support for integration with object-oriented con- structs. Moreover, it provides tracking/tracing of component loading. KEYWORDS
argument, interpreter, prompt, script file, shell XOWish xowish(1)