Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Print lines between the search pattern Post 302261359 by prsshini on Monday 24th of November 2008 01:13:52 PM
Old 11-24-2008
Still not able to

Hi, Sorry to bother you. I am still not able to make it.. It says as follows..

$ uname -a
SunOS wdcsn99a 5.9 Generic_122300-28 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-15000
$ nawk 'p && /xxx/{exit} /xxx/{p=1}/p' test
nawk: syntax error at source line 1
context is
p && /xxx/{exit} >>> /xxx/{p=1}/p <<<
nawk: bailing out at source line 1
$ /usr/xpg4/bin/awk 'p && /xxx/{exit} /xxx/{p=1}/p' test
/usr/xpg4/bin/awk: EOF in regular expression
Context is:
>>> p && /xxx/{exit} /xxx/{p=1}/p <<<
$

Please help. Thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search file for pattern and grab some lines before pattern

I want to search a file for a string and then if the string is found I need the line that the string is on - but also the previous two lines from the file (that the pattern will not be found in) This is on solaris Can you help? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a pattern in a file and print previous lines from a particular point

Hi, I am new to ksh scripting and I have a problem. I have a file in which I have to search for a particular pattern say 'a' then from that line I need to search for another pattern say 'b' in the previous lines and thne print the file from pattern 'b' till the end of file. For eg: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umaislearning
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for Pattern and Print including Lines in between

Gurus, I have a big file that needs to be sorted out and I cant figure out what to do. The file name is as below: Name: xxxx yyyy nnnn Description: dfffgs sdgsgsf hsfhhs afgghhjdgj fjklllll gsfhfh Updated: jafgadsgg gsg Corrected: date today The file consists of line like these. ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: The One
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print a pattern between the xml tags based on a search pattern

Hi all, I am trying to extract the values ( text between the xml tags) based on the Order Number. here is the sample input <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <NJCustomer> <Header> <MessageIdentifier>Y504173382</MessageIdentifier> ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: oky
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need one liner to search pattern and print everything expect 6 lines from where pattern match made

i need to search for a pattern from a big file and print everything expect the next 6 lines from where the pattern match was made. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search pattern on logfile and search for day/dates and skip duplicate lines if any

Hi, I've written a script to search for an Oracle ORA- error on a log file, print that line and the .trc file associated with it as well as the dateline of when I assumed the error occured. In most it is the first dateline previous to the error. Unfortunately, this is not a fool proof script.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search Pattern and Print lines in Single Column

Hi Experts I have small query where I request the into a single file Suppose: File1: {Unique entries} AA BB CC DD FileB: AA, 123 AA, 234 AA, 2345 CC, 123 CC, 5678 DD,123 BB, 7890 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: navkanwal
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match Pattern and print pattern and multiple lines into one line

Hello Experts , require help . See below output: File inputs ------------------------------------------ Server Host = mike id rl images allocated last updated density vimages expiration last read <------- STATUS ------->... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tigerhills
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed -- Find pattern -- print remainder -- plus lines up to pattern -- Minus pattern

The intended result should be : PDF converters 'empty line' gpdftext and pdftotext?xml version="1.0"?> xml:space="preserve"><note-content version="0.1" xmlns:/tomboy/link" xmlns:size="http://beatniksoftware.com/tomboy/size">PDF converters gpdftext and pdftotext</note-content>... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Klasform
9 Replies
LURKER-SEARCH(1)					      General Commands Manual						  LURKER-SEARCH(1)

NAME
lurker-search -- searches for messages in a lurker database SYNOPSIS
lurker-search [-c <config-file>] [-k <keyword>] [-d -f -i -v -q] [<terms>*] DESCRIPTION
lurker-search searches a lurker database the same way as the web interface. It can output summary information and delete messages. OPTIONS
-c config-file Use this config file for lurker settings. -k keyword Tag the matching messages with this keyword. -d Delete the messages found by this search -f Don't prompt before deleting -i Command line paramers are not search terms, but message IDs. -v Output message summary information -q Don't output message ids or status SEARCH TERMS
Lurker-search accepts these keywords for searching: -xxx select messages which do NOT match this term id:xxx select a message by the Message-ID field rt:xxx select messages which reply to the chosen Message-ID th:xxx select messages included in this thread ml:xxx select messages in this mailing list gr:xxx select messages in this mailing list group au:xxx select messages with this term in the author fields sb:xxx select messages with this word in the subject lang:xxx select messages in this language SEE ALSO
lurker-index(1), lurker-prune(1), lurker-params(1), lurker-list(1) lurker documentation on http://lurker.sourceforge.net/ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002: Wesley W. Terpstra <terpstra@users.sourceforge.net> This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; version 2. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place - Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307, USA. BUGS
Before reporting a bug, please confirm that the bug you found is still present in the latest official release. If the problem persists, then send mail with instructions describing how to reproduce the bug to <lurker-users@lists.sourceforge.net>. LURKER-SEARCH(1)