Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Question about server IP
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Question about server IP Post 302261352 by Ikon on Monday 24th of November 2008 12:52:15 PM
Old 11-24-2008
If someone is on the same network they can just use a packet sniffer and see what ipaddress you are talking to and they can search ipaddresses with ports are open on servers. It appears you are using security by obsecurity. If you server is not secure, not showing the ipaddress on a treminal session is not security. You would be better to secure your server where you dont have to worry about someone knowing an ip address.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Apache web server question

Hi - Maybe not the right forum for this but I will ask anyway.. I recently installed apache on my ultra 10 - solaris 9... Working okay - and I have some docs in my htdocs directory that I can access through a web browser.. Now I want to get a bit fancy and change the home page so I can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

question on mail server

Hi In the company I work for one guy ask me this question: Can you have several mail servers managing the same domain, in the same lan? My first answer was that it's not possible cause each mail server must not share a domain, but .... I'm not sure. Can anyone more enlightened than me,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: piltrafa
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

DHCP server question

hi all... i have a question about of the dhcp server.... how i can configurate 3 vlans on the server....? thank you (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chanfle
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Old ATT Server Port Question

Just got old ATT server (10 base T)shipped and want to connect to Windows using com port. Got hardware to connect RJ45 from windows box & serial on ATT. I added XP static ip to host file but get no ping return. Do I have to open unix com port? How? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kctech
2 Replies

5. Programming

client/server compile question

Hi, I have 2 files-->server.c and client.c My server.c takes local ip as saying: *.sin_addr.s_addr=INADDR_ANY; client.c is in the same machine.It has a line like: *.sin_addr.s_addr=inet_addr(argv); I don't know how to compile.I tried ./client 127.0.0.1 It used port 7777 in both client... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlhazan
2 Replies

6. AIX

AIX Virtual Server Question

I need help creating a Physical to Virtual server. I have successfully created 3 virtual machines on my VIO server. Now I want to move my physical aix 6.1 server to a virtual machine. I was able to backup/restore the rootvg successfully, but I am having so much trouble with my 20GB vg01 volume... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: raemccarthy
5 Replies

7. AIX

RS/6000 server and AIX6.1 question

Hello all. This is my first post on here and I have a question. Recently I was asked how you would go about backing up data from the server to a tape drive that is attached to the RS/6000 system. Assuming that the systems are all new it would be great if someone has a step by step guide that would... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aten
4 Replies

8. Programming

question about server client code in C

If I have two files server.c and client.c, how do you demonstate the client reading something from the server? so say i have a server,c and a client.c file in a unix machine (same folder), and i want the client to connect and write something to server (through the internet), then server returns it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega666
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Server interface ip question

Hi Guys, can two interfaces on a server have two different ip addresses? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Foobar Linux / Server Question

I'm running Foobar Linux OS and setting up a machine to operate as a server box for a large social group. The default distribution is: / 2GB /var 100MB /boot 100MB <swap> 2GB /usr remaining space I don't have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ksmarine1980
1 Replies
asadmin-list-connector-security-maps(1AS)			   User Commands			 asadmin-list-connector-security-maps(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-list-connector-security-maps, list-connector-security-maps - lists the security maps for the named connector connection pool SYNOPSIS
list-connector-security-maps --user admin_user [--password admin_password] [--host localhost] [--port 4848] [--secure|-s] [--passwordfile filename] [--terse=false] [--echo=false] [--interactive=true] [--verbose=false] [--securitymap mapname] pool_name lists the security map belonging to the named connector connection pool. This command is supported in remote mode only. OPTIONS
--user authorized domain application server administrative username. --password password to administer the domain application server. --host machine name where the domain application server is running. --port port number of the domain application server listening for administration requests. --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the domain application server. --passwordfile file containing the domain application server password. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. Default is false. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. Default is false. --interactive if set to true (default), only the required password options are prompted. --verbose lists the identify, principals, and the security name. --securitymap name of the security map. OPERANDS
poolname name of the pool. Example 1: Using list-connector-security-maps with security map option asadmin> list-connector-security-maps --user admin --password adminadmin --securitymap mysecuremap securityPool1 Command list-connector-security-maps executed successfully One security map (mysecuremap) is listed for the securityPool1 pool. Example 2: Using list-connector-security-maps asadmin> list-connector-security-maps --user admin --password adminadmin securityPool1 Command list-connector-security-maps executed successfully All the security maps are listed for the securityPool1 pool. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-delete-connector-security-map(1AS), asadmin-create-connector-security-map(1), asadmin-update-connector-security-map(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-list-connector-security-maps(1AS)