Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX vmstat, comments and advices needed Post 302261245 by galapagos on Monday 24th of November 2008 05:42:47 AM
Old 11-24-2008
> Dont forget :
> dbc_max_pct 8
> dbc_min_pct 5
> swapmem_on 0
ok.. I will try this later, because my partner wants to try to configure these one first :

max_thread_proc from 256 upto 1024
maxfiles from 60 upto 256
maxusers from 32 upto 256
nproc 4096 downto 2068

let's see what hapens in the next few days first.

Last edited by galapagos; 11-24-2008 at 09:42 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

vmstat

Hi, what does mean the free colomne in out put of vmstat ? is it free espace of physical memory or of swap space on hard disk ? Thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
4 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

need advices on install/configure amanda on solaris 10

i would like to have advices on how to install/configure amanda on solaris 10. thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: conandor
1 Replies

3. Linux

vmstat help

Hi everyone, I need to see some VM manager performance/behavior information on some Linux boxes regarding pages scanned/activation of the paging algorithm in order to get an idea if a given server needs more memory and is actually paging. In Aix servers, by using the vmstat cmd you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcpetela
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

vmstat

Hi I need to write a script to display VMSTAT every 5 seconds and I just need the memory columns - swap free re and just the numbers and the headers arent required. For example bash-3.00$ vmstat 5| awk '{print $4" "$5" "$6}' disk faults cpu ------ This header isnt required swap... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kapilk
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need advices on scripting for remote servers

Hi guys, I need some advice and recommendations for a work project I am doing. Let me state that security is not a concern as this is a closed network and the data is not sensitive. Here's what I would like to do and how I was planning to accomplish it: I have an application on my remote... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blueicedrop2000
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed script, changing all C-comments to C++-comments

I must write a script to change all C++ like comments: // this is a comment to this one /* this is a comment */ How to do it by sed? With file: #include <cstdio> using namespace std; //one // two int main() { printf("Example"); // three }//four the result should be: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: black_hawk
2 Replies

7. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Linux Storage system: looking for advices

Gidday! I'd like to setup a storage server for a friend of mine (he is a hobby photographer, and he produces about 100Gb pictures monthly). My friend has the following PC-Server-like system: AMD Athlon Dual Core Processor 4850e. ASUS M3N78-EMH HDMI motherboard with 6 SATA connectors. 3Gb... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Loic Domaigne
7 Replies

8. Programming

Need some advices how to increse accuracy of the algorithm

Hi guys :D Can you raccomand some what I can do to increse accuracy of the Newton-Raphons method. It's not very accurate. // Implementation of Newton - Raphson method for // determination square root od positive number // Date: 10. april 2011 // Author: Solaris_user // Solution for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
1 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Want to learn Shell well.. Advices

Hi everyone.. Thanks a lot for reading this post. I am trying to learn shell and Unix well. I am taking course at UNT school, unfortunately, the professor doesn't explain well. I am trying to take an advantage of this course and learn as much as I could. I learn by myself.. read the book... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smasm9
1 Replies
APPROX-GC(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      APPROX-GC(8)

NAME
approx-gc - garbage-collect the cache of Debian archive files SYNOPSIS
approx-gc [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
approx-gc scans the cache created by approx(8) and finds files that are corrupted or no longer needed. With no options specified, these files are listed on standard output and removed from the cache. A corrupted file is one whose size or checksum does not match the value specified in the Packages or Sources file. An unneeded file is one that is not referenced from any distribution's Packages or Sources file. approx-gc may take several minutes to finish. OPTIONS
-c file, --config file Specify an additional configuration file. May be used multiple times. -f, --fast Don't perform checksum validation. -k, --keep, -s, --simulate Don't remove files from the cache. -q, --quiet Don't print file names. -v, --verbose Print the reason for removal of each file. EXAMPLES
To remove all unneeded or corrupted files from the cache: approx-gc --quiet This is run as a weekly cron(8) job. To list the files that would be removed from the cache, without actually doing so: approx-gc --keep FILES
/etc/approx/approx.conf Configuration file for approx and related programs. /var/cache/approx Default cache directory for archive files. SEE ALSO
approx.conf(5), approx(8), cron(8) AUTHOR
Eric Cooper <ecc@cmu.edu> May 2011 APPROX-GC(8)