Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX vmstat, comments and advices needed Post 302260879 by galapagos on Saturday 22nd of November 2008 02:19:40 AM
Old 11-22-2008
the reason I started to look at the SGA, is because from the 'top command', I see some of processes are used by Oracle, which each one take 2,391Mb.
although most of it are sleeping (%CPU and %WCPU below 1%), I'm guessing that take lots of server resources too.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

vmstat

Hi, what does mean the free colomne in out put of vmstat ? is it free espace of physical memory or of swap space on hard disk ? Thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
4 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

need advices on install/configure amanda on solaris 10

i would like to have advices on how to install/configure amanda on solaris 10. thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: conandor
1 Replies

3. Linux

vmstat help

Hi everyone, I need to see some VM manager performance/behavior information on some Linux boxes regarding pages scanned/activation of the paging algorithm in order to get an idea if a given server needs more memory and is actually paging. In Aix servers, by using the vmstat cmd you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcpetela
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

vmstat

Hi I need to write a script to display VMSTAT every 5 seconds and I just need the memory columns - swap free re and just the numbers and the headers arent required. For example bash-3.00$ vmstat 5| awk '{print $4" "$5" "$6}' disk faults cpu ------ This header isnt required swap... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kapilk
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need advices on scripting for remote servers

Hi guys, I need some advice and recommendations for a work project I am doing. Let me state that security is not a concern as this is a closed network and the data is not sensitive. Here's what I would like to do and how I was planning to accomplish it: I have an application on my remote... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blueicedrop2000
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed script, changing all C-comments to C++-comments

I must write a script to change all C++ like comments: // this is a comment to this one /* this is a comment */ How to do it by sed? With file: #include <cstdio> using namespace std; //one // two int main() { printf("Example"); // three }//four the result should be: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: black_hawk
2 Replies

7. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Linux Storage system: looking for advices

Gidday! I'd like to setup a storage server for a friend of mine (he is a hobby photographer, and he produces about 100Gb pictures monthly). My friend has the following PC-Server-like system: AMD Athlon Dual Core Processor 4850e. ASUS M3N78-EMH HDMI motherboard with 6 SATA connectors. 3Gb... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Loic Domaigne
7 Replies

8. Programming

Need some advices how to increse accuracy of the algorithm

Hi guys :D Can you raccomand some what I can do to increse accuracy of the Newton-Raphons method. It's not very accurate. // Implementation of Newton - Raphson method for // determination square root od positive number // Date: 10. april 2011 // Author: Solaris_user // Solution for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
1 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Want to learn Shell well.. Advices

Hi everyone.. Thanks a lot for reading this post. I am trying to learn shell and Unix well. I am taking course at UNT school, unfortunately, the professor doesn't explain well. I am trying to take an advantage of this course and learn as much as I could. I learn by myself.. read the book... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smasm9
1 Replies
Apache::Session::Oracle(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      Apache::Session::Oracle(3pm)

NAME
Apache::Session::Oracle - An implementation of Apache::Session SYNOPSIS
use Apache::Session::Oracle; #if you want Apache::Session to open new DB handles: tie %hash, 'Apache::Session::Oracle', $id, { DataSource => 'dbi:Oracle:sessions', UserName => $db_user, Password => $db_pass, Commit => 1 }; #or, if your handles are already opened: tie %hash, 'Apache::Session::Oracle', $id, { Handle => $dbh, Commit => 1 }; DESCRIPTION
This module is an implementation of Apache::Session. It uses the Oracle backing store and no locking. See the example, and the documentation for Apache::Session::Store::Oracle for more details. USAGE
The special Apache::Session argument for this module is Commit. You MUST provide the Commit argument, which instructs this module to either commit the transaction when it is finished, or to simply do nothing. This feature is provided so that this module will not have adverse interactions with your local transaction policy, nor your local database handle caching policy. The argument is mandatory in order to make you think about this problem. This module also respects the LongReadLen argument, which specifies the maximum size of the session object. If not specified, the default maximum is 8 KB. AUTHOR
This module was written by Jeffrey William Baker <jwbaker@acm.org>. SEE ALSO
Apache::Session::File, Apache::Session::Flex, Apache::Session::DB_File, Apache::Session::Postgres, Apache::Session perl v5.10.1 2010-10-18 Apache::Session::Oracle(3pm)