Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Automated Login?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Automated Login? Post 302260829 by vbe on Friday 21st of November 2008 08:03:52 PM
Old 11-21-2008
I just got out of bed..for this...I forgot the obvious that might solve all your automatic login problem:
What about NFS?
You wouldn't need to login nor rcp , just correct permission
All you need is to export to prodserver /home/files/poa102 and on prodserver mount the exported directory:
mount repositaryserv:/home/files/poa102 /torepos/files/102

Simple no?
Back to bed...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Web Development

APACHE: Tie in Web Page login with server login

Hello, I have created a web page on a server using apache and added .htaccess and .htpasswd in the folder for authentification. I was wondering if there was anyway to tie-in the login for this page with the login used to logon to the server. i.e. the same login info. is used for both,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: WhotheWhat
2 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

APACHE: Tie in Web Page login with server login

Hello, I have created a web page on a server using apache and added .htaccess and .htpasswd in the folder for authentification. I was wondering if there was anyway to tie-in the login for this page with the login used to logon to the server. i.e. the same login info. is used for both, when... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: WhotheWhat
1 Replies

3. Solaris

error message rmclomv ... SC Login Failure for user Please login:

Hello World ~ HW : SUN Fire V240 OS : Solaris 8 Error message prompts 'rmclomv ... SC login failure ...' on terminal. and Error Message prompts continually 'SC Login Failure for user Please login:' on Single Mode(init S) The System is in normal operation, though In case of rain, Can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lifegeek
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

telnet login successful ,but ssh can not login

why I can login by telnet using root account but when i use login by ssh using root account it is not successful ,is it different password i am sure ssh service is started (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
2 Replies

5. AIX

User Account Login Login on your AIX server

I want to learn AIX. I would like to find someone who would be willing to give me a login to their AIX home lab server. My intent is to poke around and discover the similarities and differences of AIX compared to other *NIXs. I am a UNIX admin so I can think of what some immediate concerns may... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perl_in_my_shel
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing login details to htaccess login prompt

Hi, How i can pass the login details to the URL which is password protected with the htaccess using command line or script (perl,or shell,or php). Any help or hint appreciated. Thanks, SJ (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SilvesterJ
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Can adding to a new group be effective in current login environment without re-login?

Hey folks, When a user is added to a new group, the user has to be log out and log in again to make the new group effective. Is there any system command or technique to refresh user group ID update without re-login? I am not talking about to use "login" or "su -l" commands which can only make... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hce
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

First login on KUbuntu 16.04 no SKEL copied with first login LDAPusers

Hello, we have an problem on kubuntu16.04 that when i login with ldap, and it is my first login, nothing is copied from skel. With SSH it is working fine. Can anyone say we how KDE setup an new first userlogin? Tested with SDDM and Lightdm. Thanks a lot! Best Regard darktux ----------... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: darktux
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Run automated bash commands from sh login shell

I use plink.exe to automate remote commands that return data to Windows machines. This works well on newer servers running Red Hat since the commands were developed for bash and the designated user's login shell is bash. I need to also support older servers which are running Solaris 10 but the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: randman1
5 Replies
NFSMOUNT.CONF(5)						File Formats Manual						  NFSMOUNT.CONF(5)

NAME
nfsmount.conf - Configuration file for NFS mounts SYNOPSIS
Configuration file for NFS mounts that allows options to be set globally, per server or per mount point. DESCRIPTION
The configuration file is made up of multiple sections followed by variables associated with that section. A section is defined by a string enclosed by [ and ] branches. Variables are assignment statements that assign values to particular variables using the = operator, as in Proto=Tcp. Sections are broken up into three basic categories: Global options, Server options and Mount Point options. [ NFSMount_Global_Options ] - This statically named section defines all of the global mount options that can be applied to every NFS mount. [ Server "Server_Name" ] - This section defines all the mount options that should be used on mounts to a particular NFS server. The "Server_Name" strings needs to be surrounded by '"' and be an exact match of the server name used in the mount command. [ MountPoint "Mount_Point" ] - This section defines all the mount options that should be used on a particular mount point. The "Mount_Point" string needs to be surrounded by '"' and be an exact match of the mount point used in the mount command. EXAMPLES
These are some example lines of how sections and variables are defined in the configuration file. [ NFSMount_Global_Options ] Proto=Tcp The TCP protocol will be used on every NFS mount. [ Server "nfsserver.foo.com" ] rsize=32k wsize=32k A 33k (32768 bytes) block size will be used as the read and write size on all mounts to the 'nfsserver.foo.com' server. [ MountPoint "/export/home" ] Background=True All mounts to the '/export/home' export will be performed in the background (i.e. done asynchronously). FILES
/etc/nfsmount.conf Default NFS mount configuration file SEE ALSO
nfs(5), mount(8), 9 Mar 2008 NFSMOUNT.CONF(5)