Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SED problem
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SED problem Post 302260768 by jpgleon on Friday 21st of November 2008 02:53:35 PM
Old 11-21-2008
MySQL

It work perfectly

thanks for your answer.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sed Problem

I AM TRYING TO APPEND THE HOSTNAME OF A UNIX SERVER I WORK WITH SO I COULD DO A LOADING INTO A DATABASE. THE COMMAND I AM USING IS df -k | sed 's/^/dataserver /' What I intend to do is append the hostname dynamically by using the hostname command instead of having to manually enter... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chelsea
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with sed

Hi , echo "07/05/2008" | sed 's/\(..\)\/\(..\)\/\(..\)/\3\2\1/' Output :: 20050708 Expected output is 20080507 Iam not getting the bug in this. Thanks for the help -- penchal (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchal_boddu
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with SED

Hi, I have to use SED to remove the prefix "219-" from a text file containing phone numbers and I have to remove the ":" as well. I write the following code but it does not seem to work. Can someone help me please? mohit@mohit-desktop:~$ sed -n s/219-/" "/p corp_phones_bak > noprefix1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in sed.

Hi All! I am trying to use shell variables in a sed statement, but facing an error.I used the double quotes instead if single quotes in the sed statement. # sed -i -e "s/password/$decoded/g;" $CATALINA_HOME/conf/server.xml sed: -e expression #1, char 11: unterminated `s' command # ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nua7
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed Problem

I have a file which contain many lines see below. "/var/www/abc>" I want to remove Both of these values "" and > (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aliahsan81
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED - Problem

I have a file with a lot of numbers in it and I need to clean it up and make it look nice and proper. I found this little gem of a one-liner and basically understand what it is doing but I would like to further understand what each part of the command is doing. Being a newb, I am just trying to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: genedc1
2 Replies

7. Programming

sed problem

Hi all In input file I have records like this: 0,1,0,87,0,0,"6,87","170,03",0,"43,5",0,0,0,0,"6,87","126,53"and in output file I need that these records transforms in : 0 1 0 87 0 0 6,87 170,03 0 43,5 0 0 0 0 6,87 126,53 Could you help me in this case? Please (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shizik
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed problem

Hi i am stuck with a very silly problem :mad: below is my code echo 201010_1212_121.xml i need to replace xml with csv so i did echo 201010_1212_121.xml | sed 's/.*\.xml/.*\.csv/' echo 201010_1212_121.xml | sed 's/*.xml/*.csv/' echo 201010_1212_121.xml |... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aishsimplesweet
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed problem

Hi Folks, I want to replace these numbers with words as the following: $echo 1 11 223 I want to replace each number with it name (e.g. "1" replaced with "one", etc.) just to determine how sed works in such case. Thanks in advance:). Leo (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: leo_ultra_leo
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed Or Grep Problem OR Terminal Problem?

I don't know if you guys get this problem sometimes at Terminal but I had been having this problem since yesterday :( Maybe I overdid the Terminal. Even the codes that used to work doesn't work anymore. Here is what 's happening: * I wanted to remove lines containing digits so I used this... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nexeu
25 Replies
UPSCLI_GET(3)							    NUT Manual							     UPSCLI_GET(3)

NAME
upscli_get - retrieve data from a UPS SYNOPSIS
#include <upsclient.h> int upscli_get(UPSCONN_t *ups, int numq, const char **query, int *numa, char ***answer) DESCRIPTION
The upscli_get() function takes the pointer ups to a UPSCONN_t state structure, and the pointer query to an array of numq query elements. It builds a properly-formatted request from those elements and transmits it to upsd(8). Upon success, the response will be split into separate components. A pointer to those components will be returned in answer. The number of usable answer components will be returned in numa. USES
This function implements the "GET" command in the protocol. As a result, you can use it to request many different things from the server. Some examples are: o GET NUMLOGINS <ups> o GET UPSDESC <ups> o GET VAR <ups> <var> o GET TYPE <ups> <var> o GET DESC <ups> <var> o GET CMDDESC <ups> <cmd> QUERY FORMATTING
To generate a request for GET NUMLOGINS su700, you would populate query and numq as follows: int numq; const char *query[2]; query[0] = "NUMLOGINS"; query[1] = "su700"; numq = 2; All escaping of special characters and quoting of elements with spaces is handled for you inside this function. ANSWER FORMATTING
The raw response from upsd to the above query would be NUMLOGINS su700 1. Since this is split up for you, the values work out like this: numa = 3; answer[0] = "NUMLOGINS" answer[1] = "su700" answer[2] = "1" Notice that the value which you seek typically starts at answer[numq]. ERROR CHECKING
This function will check your query against the response from upsd(8). For example, if you send "VAR" "su700" "ups.status", it will expect to see those at the beginning of the response. If the results from upsd do not pass this case-insensitive test against your request, this function will return an error. When this happens, upscli_upserror(3) will return UPSCLI_ERR_PROTOCOL. ANSWER ARRAY LIFETIME
The pointers contained within the answer array are only valid until the next call to a upsclient function which references them. If you need to use data from multiple calls, you must copy it somewhere else first. The answer array and its elements may change locations, so you must not rely on previous addresses. You must only use the addresses which were returned by the most recent call. You also must not attempt to use more than numa elements in answer. Such behavior is undefined, and may yield bogus data or a crash. The array will be deleted after calling upscli_disconnect(3). Any access after that point is also undefined. RETURN VALUE
The upscli_get() function returns 0 on success, or -1 if an error occurs. SEE ALSO
upscli_list_start(3), upscli_list_next(3), upscli_strerror(3), upscli_upserror(3) Network UPS Tools 05/22/2012 UPSCLI_GET(3)