Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris BigAdmin RSS A Hands-On Approach Using the OpenSolaris Project Post 302260742 by Linux Bot on Friday 21st of November 2008 01:40:04 PM
Old 11-21-2008
A Hands-On Approach Using the OpenSolaris Project

Check out "Introduction to Operating Systems: A Hands-On Approach Using the OpenSolaris Project." A broad range of topics covers everything from userland consolidations to debugging and DTrace.

More...

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Hands on Support

Check this link. Its Sun Solaris Docs link that place all sorts of Materials in it. From Hands on Support materials Etc. Quite intresting. Sun OS Hands on Docs. :cool: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: killerserv
1 Replies

2. AIX

Hands On Learning - AIX

Hi all, I am interested in your opinions of the best way to get hands-on security experience with AIX. I am proficient with most linux flavors on intel, but need to get familiar with AIX. Any ideas on how to get some hands-on without lumping out $4Gs for a used RS/6000? Thanks EW (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ewelsh
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I need hands-on skill.

Can someone help me get into a UNIX server so I can get some hands-on skills? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: FernandesE74
3 Replies

4. High Performance Computing

OpenSolaris Project: Hadoop Live CD

Hadoop is a software platform for processing huge amounts of data. The OpenSolaris Hadoop LiveCD project built a bootable CD-ROM image that provides users with a three-node virtual Hadoop cluster using OpenSolaris Zones. More... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix hands on

Hi, I am new to UNIX system, i have theoritical knowledge but never gotta chance to work on UNIX system. I dont have the environment to practice, is there anything which i can download or any online website to work over and get better in UNIX? Please help me.. Thanks & Regard's Span'rd (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spaniard
2 Replies

6. News, Links, Events and Announcements

A new project was posted on The UNIX and Linux Forums project board.

A new project was posted on your project board. Project title: Bash Shell Tutoring Estimated Budget: $50/hr Start date: Immediately Required skills: Linux, Bash, Shell, UNIX I work as a datawarehouse designer and developer. Although I usually stick to the role of an analyst,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences compared to the "URI" class interface exist: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclasses of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path; same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc; same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery; same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components; same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters). o $url->params and $url->eparams methods. o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag; same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords; same as $uri->query_keywords; o $url->localpath with friends map to $uri->file o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr; same as $uri->to for mailto URI. o $url->groupart method for news URI. o $url->article; same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.8.0 2002-05-09 URI::URL(3)