Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: lookup in a list
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting lookup in a list Post 302260699 by migurus on Friday 21st of November 2008 01:14:15 PM
Old 11-21-2008
No, grep would not work, as i need exact match of id field.
To clarify, imagine that my id_list has id = 1, then all lines in master list having '1' anywher within them would be selected.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Lookup with a file

Hi All, i have a variable which has a value in it. RETAILER='JEWL' i have a text file. Name: file.txt file.txt ________ WLG 150 JEWL 60 CVS 240 FLN 120 WND 120 I am trying to write a korn script.the script, based on the value in the RETAILER will do a look up against the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pavan_test
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HELP with using a lookup table

Using AIX 5.2, Bourne and Korn Shell. I have two flat text files. One is a main file and one is a lookup table that contains a number of letter codes and membership numbers as follows: 316707965EGM01 315672908ANM92 Whenever one of these records from the lookup appears in the main file... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dolph
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

lookup script

hello I am a student taking an intro to UNIX class. I have an assignment I am having trouble completing. The assignment is as follows. i have a file called .addr_book that has various names and phone numbers in it. I need to write a script called lookup that will run like this I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tampaJim
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Lookup on a file

Hi, I have the following requirement. I have one lookup file which contains 15 columns and 7000 records. Ex: 123,MEDICA,134,145,1178,123,678,345,2345,HP,COL,K12,SR,OX,78919 I have input file which contains 14 columns and 20 million records.Some times the record count is more... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ukatru
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Clueless about how to lookup and reverse lookup IP addresses under a file!!.pls help

Write a quick shell snippet to find all of the IPV4 IP addresses in any and all of the files under /var/lib/output/*, ignoring whatever else may be in those files. Perform a reverse lookup on each, and format the output neatly, like "IP=192.168.0.1, ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: choco4202002
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reverse lookup

hey guys, can anybody help me out here on the following: grep '^\{1,3\}\.\{1,3\}\.\{1,3\}\.\{1,3\}$' ravi.txt mary.txt lisa.txt https://www.unix.com/images/misc/progress.gif i.e what i did was found ip addreses from different files and then i want... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravis83
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

List of IPs & database lookup

I am trying to feed a list of IP's to do lookups from a database. My script works only for the first IP but all subsequent IPs output as 'unknown'. #!/usr/bin/php -q <? $ip = file('ip.txt'); foreach ($ip as $ip_num => $ip) { echo $ip; $out=sprintf("%u", ip2long($ip)); ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hazno
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

lookup

I have a lookup file in unix say /data/lkp.dat (First line is header and space delimited) and the content is shown below. Another file which contains the job_name and rec_count lets say /data/data_file.dat(no header pipe delimited file). Now i want to do a lookup on job_name and my output should... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr46014
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

lookup script

dear all.. need your help.. i have searching but still didn't find what i need. i have 2 file, i want to lookup one to many, the key is $1 : main.txt code.txt output.txt thanks.. br, herman (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: buncit8
2 Replies

10. What is on Your Mind?

Whois Lookup

Hi. I've just made our internal Whois lookup service available for all forum users, not only moderators and admins. Whois Database It's basically the same whois info you can get from your command line and many other web sites. If you would like to see other features, please post in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
PUPPET-MASTER(8)						   Puppet manual						  PUPPET-MASTER(8)

NAME
puppet-master - The puppet master daemon SYNOPSIS
The central puppet server. Functions as a certificate authority by default. USAGE
puppet master [-D|--daemonize|--no-daemonize] [-d|--debug] [-h|--help] [-l|--logdest file|console|syslog] [-v|--verbose] [-V|--version] [--compile node-name] DESCRIPTION
This command starts an instance of puppet master, running as a daemon and using Ruby's built-in Webrick webserver. Puppet master can also be managed by other application servers; when this is the case, this executable is not used. OPTIONS
Note that any configuration parameter that's valid in the configuration file is also a valid long argument. For example, 'ssldir' is a valid configuration parameter, so you can specify '--ssldir directory' as an argument. See the configuration file documentation at http://docs.puppetlabs.com/references/stable/configuration.html for the full list of acceptable parameters. A commented list of all configuration options can also be generated by running puppet master with '--genconfig'. --daemonize Send the process into the background. This is the default. --no-daemonize Do not send the process into the background. --debug Enable full debugging. --help Print this help message. --logdest Where to send messages. Choose between syslog, the console, and a log file. Defaults to sending messages to syslog, or the console if debugging or verbosity is enabled. --verbose Enable verbosity. --version Print the puppet version number and exit. --compile Compile a catalogue and output it in JSON from the puppet master. Uses facts contained in the $vardir/yaml/ directory to compile the catalog. EXAMPLE
puppet master DIAGNOSTICS
When running as a standalone daemon, puppet master accepts the following signals: SIGHUP Restart the puppet master server. SIGINT and SIGTERM Shut down the puppet master server. SIGUSR2 Close file descriptors for log files and reopen them. Used with logrotate. AUTHOR
Luke Kanies COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011 Puppet Labs, LLC Licensed under the Apache 2.0 License Puppet Labs, LLC June 2012 PUPPET-MASTER(8)