Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Any way to grep a string in directories and return the result with diskusage aswell? Post 302260279 by Eddeh on Thursday 20th of November 2008 04:57:56 AM
Old 11-20-2008
Just tried that, doesn't work, nothing gets printed to the screen Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

append a string to a grep result

hello, iostat -En | grep Vendor | grep -v DV | awk '{print $1 $2}' | sort -u returns Vendor:HP I want to append Disk to it. i.e.: Disk Vendor:HP how to do that? thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pick up the return code for every iteration and display the result only once in loop.

Hi All, I amlearning UNIX scripting. I have a small query. I would be thankful if any one helps me out. I have a below piece of code which delets the files. If file dosent have the permissions to delete a particular file I have used 2>>operator to track the error code. But my objective is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manas6
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

| help | unix | grep - Can I use grep to return a string with exactly n matches?

Hello, I looking to use grep to return a string with exactly n matches. I'm building off this: ls -aLl /bin | grep '^.\{9\}x' | tr -s ' ' -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 632816 Nov 25 2008 vi -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 632816 Nov 25 2008 view -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 16008 May 25 2008... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: MykC
7 Replies

4. Solaris

df command on Sol8 machine doesn't return a result

I have a sun4u system running Solaris 8. I tried running the df command but it returns a blank result. Also I'm unable to collect an explorer from this system as the OS complains that the disk is full. What could be going on here? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: dperry1973
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search for string and return binary result?

Hi, I have a problem that I am sure someone will know the answer to. Currently I have a script which returns a binary output if it finds a certain search string (in this case relating to a DRBD cluster) as follows: searchstring="cs:Connected st:Primary/Secondary ds:UpToDate/UpToDate" && echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: almightybunghol
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep for a string and then grep using a string from that result

Hello, Thanks in advance for the query. There is a log file abcd.log which has multible line like this. "hello1" , "hello2", "hello3" , "hello4" , "hello5" I want to grep for the lines which has "hello4" & "hello5" and use "hello2" to grep the same log file again. All these should... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kzenthil
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using grep command to find the pattern of text in all directories and sub-directories.

Hi all, Using grep command, i want to find the pattern of text in all directories and sub-directories. e.g: if i want to search for a pattern named "parmeter", i used the command grep -i "param" ../* is this correct? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinothrajan55
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Result of Catching Return Value from Sub_script.sh to Main_script.sh is not as Expected

Main_script.sh #! /bin/sh ./Sub_script.sh rc=$? echo "Return code from Sub_script.sh : $rc" if ; then echo "$rc = 991" echo "" exit 1 elif ; then echo "$rc = 992" echo "" exit 1 elif ; then echo "$rc = 0" echo "" exit 1 fi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: duddukuri
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wrong result return from script

Hi Gurus, I need a script to compare two files: sample file like below: list: cde,file4 cde,file5 def,file6 def,file7 def,file8 abc,file1 abc,file2 abc,file3 acd,file9 acd,file10 tmp file1 file2 file3 file4 (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
12 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to use a grep search to search for a specific string within multiple directories?

Lets say I have a massive directory which is filled with other directories all filled with different c++ scripts and I want a listing of all the scripts that contain the string: "this string". Is there a way to use a grep search for that? I tried: grep -lr "this string" * but I do not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Circuits
3 Replies
show_mouse(3alleg4)						  Allegro manual					       show_mouse(3alleg4)

NAME
show_mouse - Tells Allegro to display a mouse pointer on the screen. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> void show_mouse(BITMAP *bmp); DESCRIPTION
Tells Allegro to display a mouse pointer on the screen. This will only work if the timer module has been installed. The mouse pointer will be drawn onto the specified bitmap, which should normally be `screen' (see later for information about bitmaps). To hide the mouse pointer, call show_mouse(NULL). Warning: if you draw anything onto the screen while the pointer is visible, a mouse movement interrupt could occur in the middle of your drawing operation. If this happens the mouse buffering and graphics drawing code will get confused and will leave 'mouse droppings' all over the screen. To prevent this, you must make sure you turn off the mouse pointer whenever you draw onto the screen. This is not needed if you are using a hardware cursor. Note: you must not be showing a mouse pointer on a bitmap at the time that the bitmap is destroyed with destroy_bitmap(), e.g. call show_mouse(NULL); before destroying the bitmap. This does not apply to `screen' since you never destroy `screen' with destroy_bitmap(). SEE ALSO
install_mouse(3alleg4), install_timer(3alleg4), set_mouse_sprite(3alleg4), scare_mouse(3alleg4), freeze_mouse_flag(3alleg4), show_os_cur- sor(3alleg4), exmouse(3alleg4), expal(3alleg4), exshade(3alleg4), exspline(3alleg4), exsyscur(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 show_mouse(3alleg4)