Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming connect() function in C++ socket programming Post 302259914 by srikumar_cs on Wednesday 19th of November 2008 08:32:45 AM
Old 11-19-2008
Can u give out more details.. What are the parameters you are passing to Connect() call.. That will surely help.. Check that against the connect API. usually people go wrong with the second parameter, the DS storing the address, port ..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Socket Programming socket

Hello, I actually try to make client-server program. I'm using SCO OpenServer Release 5.0.0 and when I try to compile my code (by TELNET) I've got this error : I'm just using this simple code : and I get the same error if I use : If someone can help me, Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soshell
2 Replies

2. Programming

Need Help Regarding Socket Programming

Can anyone plz me. I need a sample code for the following description. Its urgent. It is C/Socket program with the following descriptions: NAME coreadServer - Concurrent Readers Server. coreadClient - Concurrent Readers Client. SYNOPSIS coreadServer <OutputFile> coreadClient <n>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: priya.vmr
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

socket programming

Hello Everyone Iam working on tcp/ip programming.with some time interval server has to send data.client has to close the connection and to open the connection between the time interval.this is the scenario when iam closing the connection in client side the connection terminates.how to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureshvaikuntam
1 Replies

4. Programming

Please help! accept function problems in Socket programming

Hi, I have a client-server socket program. It has been working fine for over a year, but recently it started to show strange behavior.:confused: After the server program runs for a while, it will show in the top command saying it is using lots of CPU, MEM. I assume it means the server code is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: natxie
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

connect problem for sctp socket (ipv6 socket) - Runtime fail Invalid Arguments

Hi, I was porting ipv4 application to ipv6; i was done with TCP transports. Now i am facing problem with SCTp transport at runtime. To test SCTP transport I am using following server and client socket programs. Server program runs fine, but client program fails giving Invalid Arguments for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandrutiptur
0 Replies

6. Programming

connect() socket API

Is there any relation between the connect() socket API and the TCP's Transmission Control Block. Also how does connect detect that a socket is in use i.e., EADDRINUSE (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunaina
1 Replies

7. Programming

socket function to read a webpage (socket.h)

Why does this socket function only read the first 1440 chars of the stream. Why not the whole stream ? I checked it with gdm and valgrind and everything seems correct... #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/stat.h> #include <string.h> #include... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyler
3 Replies

8. Programming

Socket programming

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum. I'm working on new project for last few days and this forum already helped me on couple of occasions. I don't have any prior experience with network programming so I'll appreciate any advise given. I'm trying to do the following: 1. open user... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: _thomas
2 Replies

9. Programming

socket programming

how to include socket.h in visual studio 2005.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asd123
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cannot connect to socket

solaris client report "cannot to socket(code 25)" while trying to backup on veritas netbackup 6.5.5 server (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: EUGINIAM
1 Replies
roar_stream_connect_to(3)				System Manager's Manual: RoarAudio				 roar_stream_connect_to(3)

NAME
roar_stream_connect_to - Connects a stream to some listening socket SYNOPSIS
#include <roaraudio.h> int roar_stream_connect_to(struct roar_connection * con, struct roar_stream * s, int type, char * host, int port); DESCRIPTION
This let the sound server connect to some remote end to get it's data for a stream. This is used internaly to open additional streams for roar_simple_new_stream(3). NOTE: This is not an alternative version of roar_stream_connect(3). You still need to connect the stream to the server via roar_stream_con- nect(3) before you can use this call. PARAMETERS
con The connection to the server. s The stream to connect. type, host, port Where the stream should be connected to. For a description of all these parameters see roar_socket_listen(3). NOTES
This call will block untill the server process to connect to has accepted the connection. This makes this call unusable to connect back to us if we are not threaded. For a nonblocking call see roar_stream_connect_to_ask(3). RETURN VALUE
On success these calls return 0. On error, -1 is returned. EXAMPLES
FIXME SEE ALSO
roar_simple_new_stream(3), roar_stream_connect(3), roar_socket_listen(3), libroar(7), RoarAudio(7). RoarAudio May 2011 roar_stream_connect_to(3)