Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: chvg -g on Concurrent VG
Operating Systems AIX chvg -g on Concurrent VG Post 302259803 by funksen on Wednesday 19th of November 2008 03:39:32 AM
Old 11-19-2008
well it's no problem on non concurrent vgs,

another way, unfortunately offline, ist taking down hacmp, extend luns, cfgmgr, varyonvg in normal mode, run chvg, start the cluster, and hacmp synchronises the new vgda to other nodes

extending with new luns is the way we were doing it the last years, but this leads to 100+ luns on bigger systems
we run hacmp in virtualized environment, with two vio-servers, mpio on the lpar

this is really hard to administrate

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

No concurrent login

Hi, I notice in my Sun Solaris 8 sparc workstatin, I am able to login concurrently using a same user ID. Is there a way to disallow this? That is, at anyone time, the user can have only 1 login session. How can it be done? Thanks (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: champion
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concurrent writing to file

Hi I have a ksh that can have multiple instances running at the same time. The script (each instance) uses the SAME log file to write to. Should this cause a problem or is the ksh clever enough to queue write requests to the file? Thanks. GMMIKE (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GNMIKE
2 Replies

3. IP Networking

concurrent udp server

Just like concurrent tcp server, anyone know how to design the concurrent udp server with the thread? it's best to give some basic examples,thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Frank2004
0 Replies

4. AIX

chvg -t (factor size) - risk?

have machine running AIX 4.3.3ML 11. It's rootvg has about 1GB of space available and is made up of 2 9GB drives. We are going to upgrade it to AIX 5.x but wanted more disk space for the upgrade. So was going to install 2 new 18GB drives. The plan was to bring the 2 18GB drives in as hdisk# and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spattson
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

concurrent processes

We have a very large text file..contains almost 100K lines. We want to process this file to generate another text file as per our data requirement. As for now the parsing of data takes 20-25 mins each , for 100K lines. the current script uses : While Read Each Line do parsing.. Done ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amruta Pitkar
6 Replies

6. Linux

Is Concurrent I/O (CIO) available on Linux?

Hi Guys, I just wondering if any of the AIX gurus with some exposure to Linux Redhat can tell me whether in Linux ( Red Hat or OpenSuse ) we have a similar option/capability like the CIO (Concurrent I/O) which is currently available on AIX. The reason I'm asking is because in the past we... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arizah
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concurrent execution

Hi all, I have a folder with sql files that need to be inserted in a DB with SQL*Plus. The thing is that it takes too long to insert them all one by one, so I want to insert them five at a time. Currently what I use is this: for $FILENAME in *.sql do sqlplus -s $DBUSER@$SID << EOF ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tr0cken
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Increase concurrent logins?

Hi all, I've been tasked to create a robot account across a bunch of SunOS servers, amongst the requirements for this account is this condition: Concurrent access requirement The robot account shall have the ability to create at least ten(10) concurrent access sessions. In order to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dan-e
0 Replies

9. AIX

Normal VG to Enhanced Concurrent VG

Hi All, I am going to perform some activity in 2Node HA Server(Active/Passive). For that i have to do some pre-requsite (ie., Resource Group VG's should be Enhanced-Concurrent) In my setup, we have two volume groups in one RG. In that one VG is Normal and another is Enhance Concurrent. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thala
2 Replies

10. AIX

Difference between concurrent and enhanced concurrent VG

Hi, What are the differences between concurrent and enhanced concurrent VGs.? Any advantages of enhanced concurrent VG over normal concurrent vg Regards, Siva (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksgnathan
2 Replies
fcd_disable_mgmt_lun(5) 					File Formats Manual					   fcd_disable_mgmt_lun(5)

NAME
fcd_disable_mgmt_lun - select whether or not management luns are discovered in the legacy representation of mass storage devices VALUES
Failsafe Default Allowed values Enable discovery of management luns for array devices. Disable discovery of management luns for array devices. Recommended values DESCRIPTION
Management luns provide the means to access the control ports of Fibre Channel disk arrays. They are represented in both the legacy and the agile view of storage devices. The legacy representation of a management lun is typically created under a separate virtual extension bus node. The entry for a legacy management lun looks like this: On a system with a large number of storage devices connected, creation of management luns can result in an insufficient number of virtual extension buses for the legacy representation of data luns. Since the number of extension buses on a system is limited to 256, luns requiring virtual extension buses above 256 will be unusable through legacy device special files. Disabling the discovery and creation of management luns will free up virtual extension buses for use by data luns. The default value for this tunable is Who Is Expected to Change This Tunable? System administrators who expect to use a large number of storage devices requiring more than 256 extension buses through legacy device special files. Restrictions on Changing Changes to this tunable take effect immediately. However, existing management luns will not be removed. When Should the Tunable Be Turned On? This tunable should be turned on when the system runs out of extension buses for configuring the legacy representation of data luns. What Are the Side Effects of Turning the Tunable Off? None. When Should the Tunable Be Turned Off? When the functionality provided by the management lun is desired. What Are the Side Effects of Turning the Tunable On? Existing management luns in the legacy representation will show up in the state. What Other Tunables Should Be Changed at the Same Time? None. WARNINGS
All HP-UX kernel tunable parameters are release specific. This parameter may be removed or have its meaning changed in future releases of HP-UX. Installation of optional kernel software, from HP or other vendors, may cause changes to tunable parameter values. After installation, some tunable parameters may no longer be at the default or recommended values. For information about the effects of installation on tun- able values, consult the documentation for the kernel software being installed. For information about optional kernel software that was factory installed on your system, see at AUTHOR
was developed by Hewlett-Packard Company. SEE ALSO
ioinit(1M), ioscan(1M), kctune(1M). Tunable Kernel Parameters fcd_disable_mgmt_lun(5)