Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: unix shell script reqd...
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting unix shell script reqd... Post 302259788 by DukeNuke2 on Wednesday 19th of November 2008 02:51:25 AM
Old 11-19-2008
so show us what you have done so far. nobody is writing a script for you. we can help if you are stuck...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run unix commands in a new shell inside a shell script?

Hi , I am having one situation in which I need to run some simple unix commands after doing "chroot" command in a shell script. Which in turn creates a new shell. So scenario is that - I need to have one shell script which is ran as a part of crontab - in this shell script I need to do a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hkapil
2 Replies

2. AIX

Difference between writing Unix Shell script and AIX Shell Scripts

Hi, Please give me the detailed Differences between writing Unix Shell script and AIX Shell Scripts. Thanks in advance..... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: haroonec
0 Replies

3. HP-UX

Help Reqd

Hi I am facing the problem where my HP Unix system date is in accordance with the current date but the logs written by the same is of previous time stamp. Eg. System Date - Thu Mar 15 18:00:04 IST 2007 Syslogs - Mar 15 12:30:10 mac@1 ftpd: FTP LOGIN FROM xx.xxx.xxx.xx , main The ftp... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PradeepRed
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checklist for Shell Script reqd

Hi, Can anyone provide me with the Code Review Checklist for Shell scripts ?? Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shivdatta
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script reqd - deleting files

I have written a script that deletes files: Requirement: i need to delete the files and to know how many files are deleted i.e the count of files and even i need to display when the started time of deletion and the ending time of deletion. I need to display these two times. script: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesht
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script - help Reqd

Hi, I need someone's help in writing a shell script. Since am very new i am stuck . I have 2 files in the same dir. ============================================== FileA Table1~07/07/2009 00:00:00~4 Table1~07/06/2009 00:00:00~41 Table1~07/08/2009 00:00:00~4 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijayarajvp
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help reqd in shell scripting..

Hi guys, I am new to shell scripting and I need urgent assistance. I have an xml like : <AgreementNumberFull>13-WY-84252</AgreementNumberFull> <AgreementNumberAbbr>WY84252</AgreementNumberAbbr> <LineOfBusiness>F</LineOfBusiness> <CompanyCode>0005</CompanyCode> <UniqDigit/> <StateCode/> ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: puneetkanchi
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Explanation reqd for the Unix file

Hi, I have a unix file with the following contents #/usr/bin/sh cd /ct/mr/prod/bin ncm_AdjCob.pl -a /ct/mr/prod/wg/applog_AdjDev.log -c /ct/mr/prod/lib/config/bcmp_AdjDevCob.conf -s /ct/mr/prod/log/syslog can anyone explain what it says. particularly -a ,-c... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: psthariharan
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP from windows to unix server using unix shell script

Hi, Is it possible to ftp a huge zip file from windows to unix server using unix shell scripting? If so what command i need to use. thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shri123
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i run sql queries from UNIX shell script and retrieve data into text docs of UNIX?

Please share the doc asap as very urgently required. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 24ajay
1 Replies
SHAR(1) 						    BSD General Commands Manual 						   SHAR(1)

NAME
shar -- create a shell archive of files SYNOPSIS
shar file ... DESCRIPTION
shar writes an sh(1) shell script to the standard output which will recreate the file hierarchy specified by the command line operands. Directories will be recreated and must be specified before the files they contain (the find(1) utility does this correctly). shar is normally used for distributing files by ftp(1) or mail(1). SEE ALSO
compress(1), mail(1), tar(1), uuencode(1) BUGS
shar makes no provisions for special types of files or files containing magic characters. EXAMPLES
To create a shell archive of the program ls(1) and mail it to Rick: cd ls shar `find . -print` | mail -s "ls source" rick To recreate the program directory: mkdir ls cd ls ... <delete header lines and examine mailed archive> ... sh archive HISTORY
The shar command appears in 4.4BSD. SECURITY CONSIDERATIONS
It is easy to insert trojan horses into shar files. It is strongly recommended that all shell archive files be examined before running them through sh(1). Archives produced using this implementation of shar may be easily examined with the command: egrep -v '^[X#]' shar.file 4.4BSD June 6, 1993 4.4BSD