Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: little program error.
Top Forums Programming little program error. Post 302259659 by joey on Tuesday 18th of November 2008 04:18:14 PM
Old 11-18-2008
k thx

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Error Compiling C program

Hi All, I tried to compile a C program but i am getting error while Linking . it says Undefined reference to ' ' (here it gives a method name which is defined Globally ). Can any body tell the resaon and remedy for the same . Iam stuck up here . Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vivek
3 Replies

2. AIX

Program Error

Hi, my IBM 9117-570 model (mounting SF230_126 firmware version) gives an errpt like the following. The problem is that no SRC code found at IBM information center web site. Some ideas where are those SRC searchable ? O.S. is AIX 5.2- tkx E18E984F 1119200506 P S SRC ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Carmen123
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in AWK Program

Hi Friends, I need your help. I am not able to execute one awk program .If you can solve the following small program then i can solve other one. $ vi prg #!/bin/awk -f BEGIN { # Print the squares from 1 to 10 the first way i=1; while (i <= 10) { ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bikas_jena
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with program error

#!/bin/csh # # Time of day greeting # # usage: greet # if ($#argv == 0) then set hour = ‘date +%H’ else set hour = $argv endif # if ($hour < 12) then echo "Good Morning\!" else if ($hour < 18) then echo "Good Afternoon\!" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: glock1800
2 Replies

5. Linux

an error in perl program

Hi I am having a file with 243 lines.. The file format s given below eg P25787 hsa03050 1 P20618 hsa03050 1 P25786 hsa03050 1 P49721 hsa03050 1 P54132 hsa03440 1 Q13472 hsa03470 1 Q05513 hsa04530 hsa04910 hsa04930 3 Q04759 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: binnybio
0 Replies

6. Programming

Runtime error in C++ Program - Help

All, I am getting this when i try to ran a program in HP unix. Things i came across 1. i have a system HP-UNIX where this same exe is working. 2. We have set a new HP_UNIX with the same configration and copied the exe to the new system we are getting this error. 3. Only... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
3 Replies

7. Programming

An error in my c++ program... please help urgent.

The following is a program to convert an infix expression to postfix expression. //Convert an infix expression to postfix expression... #include<iostream> #include<string> #include<cstdlib> using namespace std; char ifx,pfx,stk; int top=-1,n; void push(char ch) { if(top!=n) ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: poonam.gaigole
6 Replies

8. Solaris

Shell program error!!!

Hello guys, This is an executable shell program that I want to execute, but it doesn't execute and gives error. The shell program that I want to execute is taken from a well-reputed book on Solaris 10. Here is the program #!/usr/bin/bash if test -a $1 then echo "Number of lines in file " $1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
2 Replies

9. Programming

Error in executing the C program

Hello Friends, I have written a code for the unisex bathroom which makes a policy that when a woman is in the bathroom only other women may enter, but not men, and vice versa. This program consists of four functions which a user defines but these functions are not properly working while... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravi Tej
4 Replies

10. Programming

Error in my FORTRAN program

I have a Fortran program and I am writing out to logical unit 7. The program is reading from a text file and writing to the new file formatted. It gets through the read and writes some to the file but then stops with the following error: 1525-013 The sequential WRITE statement cannot be... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: KathyB148
5 Replies
bup-margin(1)						      General Commands Manual						     bup-margin(1)

NAME
bup-margin - figure out your deduplication safety margin SYNOPSIS
bup margin [options...] DESCRIPTION
bup margin iterates through all objects in your bup repository, calculating the largest number of prefix bits shared between any two entries. This number, n, identifies the longest subset of SHA-1 you could use and still encounter a collision between your object ids. For example, one system that was tested had a collection of 11 million objects (70 GB), and bup margin returned 45. That means a 46-bit hash would be sufficient to avoid all collisions among that set of objects; each object in that repository could be uniquely identified by its first 46 bits. The number of bits needed seems to increase by about 1 or 2 for every doubling of the number of objects. Since SHA-1 hashes have 160 bits, that leaves 115 bits of margin. Of course, because SHA-1 hashes are essentially random, it's theoretically possible to use many more bits with far fewer objects. If you're paranoid about the possibility of SHA-1 collisions, you can monitor your repository by running bup margin occasionally to see if you're getting dangerously close to 160 bits. OPTIONS
--predict Guess the offset into each index file where a particular object will appear, and report the maximum deviation of the correct answer from the guess. This is potentially useful for tuning an interpolation search algorithm. --ignore-midx don't use .midx files, use only .idx files. This is only really useful when used with --predict. EXAMPLE
$ bup margin Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 40 40 matching prefix bits 1.94 bits per doubling 120 bits (61.86 doublings) remaining 4.19338e+18 times larger is possible Everyone on earth could have 625878182 data sets like yours, all in one repository, and we would expect 1 object collision. $ bup margin --predict PackIdxList: using 1 index. Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 915 of 1612581 (0.057%) SEE ALSO
bup-midx(1), bup-save(1) BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-margin(1)