Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Setup Secure FTP
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Setup Secure FTP Post 302259458 by Diabolist on Tuesday 18th of November 2008 06:58:19 AM
Old 11-18-2008
If you're talking about sftp, then normally these account require a valid login shell. Which is bad if you're trying to restrict them to just sftp. You'll need to compile and use a tool like scponly, which provides a replacement shell. It offers the ability to chroot an account, just like normal ftp:

Main Page - Scponly wiki

If your talking about ftps, then... well, go here and take a look at proftp:

The ProFTPD Project: Home

ProFTPD mini-HOWTO - FTP and SSL/TLS

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

ftp to secure server

How to ftp file to secure server. Can somebody pls guide. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkkiran
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Secure FTP Problem using Sun SSH on Client system F-Secure on Server system

I am using shell script to do secure ftp. I have done key file setup to do password less authentication. Following are the FTP Details: FTP Client has Sun SSH. FTP Server has F-Secure. I am using SCP Command to do secure copy files. When I am doing this, I am getting the foll error scp:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ftpguy
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Secure ftp using ssl/tls

We have a requirement to setup secure ftp between our AIX v5.3 system and our mainframe. We don't want to use openssh with sftp and scp. Our mainframe uses ftp over ssl/tls so we have to use this on our AIX box. We have openssl on our AIX system but I'm not sure how to setup ssl/tls over ftp on... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DANNYC
4 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Secure FTP Client that Logs well

Folks I am on a quest.... I am looking for a lightweight FTP client capable of FTPS and or SFTP that has good audit and logging capabilities without requiring a central server component. My platforms are Linux, Solaris, AIX, and Windows Server. The kicker is I have found things that meet the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ArtF
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCP -r from Secure FTP site

Hi all, My problem is simple. I would like to download the contents of a directory on an ftp site. I can access the site through windows, but there are many files and it would be too tedious to click and download each file. Thus, I am trying to use scp -r... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpabrego
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Secure FTP corrupts file

Sun Microsystems Inc. SunOS 5.9 I am hoping someone has come across this before. I have a script that transfers several gz files via Secure FTP across to an SFTP server on an NT machine. The transfers show as successful: pack12_200812160337.tar.gz | 768kB | 768kB/s | ETA: 00:00:01 | 37%... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronnie_uk
5 Replies

7. AIX

How to secure ftp in AIX

Hi, the default ftp that comes with AIX5L is not secured as far as i know. How to install and use the secured FTP in AIX? Linux these days uses vsftpd daemon(very secured FTP daemon) is there VSFTPD for AIX? if there is any where can i download it from? thanks and regards Pchangba (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pchangba
1 Replies

8. Debian

Secure ftp access to outside chroot

I want to setup ftp on my home server running debian 5.0 I found this guide and have read it carefully. Virtual Hosting With PureFTPd And MySQL (Incl. Quota And Bandwidth Management) On Debian Lenny | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials Before I install/config it I want to know if its... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chipmunken
1 Replies

9. Programming

Secure FTP from Windows to UNIX

Looking for a way to secure ftp files from Windows to Unix through batch script. This may not be related to Unix/Linux environment, but hoping some solution. Our desktop (Win 7) does not have sftp installed in our machine (DOS-Command Window). We have SSH tools like Winscp, PSFTP (PuTTY),... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobbygsk
4 Replies
ftpwho(1)						      General Commands Manual							 ftpwho(1)

NAME
ftpwho - show current process information for each FTP session SYNOPSIS
ftpwho DESCRIPTION
The ftpwho command shows process information for all active proftpd connections, and a count of all connected users off of each server. Proftpd sesssions spawned from inetd are counted separately from those created by a master proftpd standalone server. OPTIONS
-h,--help Display a short usage description, including all available options. -f,--file scoreboard-file Specify the full path to proftpd's run-time scoreboard file (configured via the ScoreboardFile directive in proftpd.conf ). If proftpd's default directory has been changed via this directive, ftpwho must either be recompiled, or this option must be used in order to find proftpd's scoreboard. -o,--outform format Specify an output format. Currently, two "formats" are supported: compat and oneline. The compat format is used for backward compatibility. The oneline format causes all of the fields for a session to be displayed on a single line, for ease of line- based searches (e.g. grep). -v,--verbose Reports additional information for each connection, such as the remote host and current working directory. -S,--server server-name Specify the ServerName for a specific virtual host. If used, ftpwho will only show session information for the given virtual host. FILES
/usr/bin/ftpwho /var/run/proftpd.scoreboard AUTHORS
ProFTPD is written and maintained by a number of people, full credits can be found on http://www.proftpd.org/credits.html SEE ALSO
inetd(8),ftp(1),proftpd(8),ftpcount(1),ftptop(1),ftpshut(8) Full documentation on ProFTPD, including configuration and FAQs, is available at http://www.proftpd.org/ For help/support, try the ProFTPD mailing lists, detailed on http://www.proftpd.org/lists.html Report bugs at http://bugs.proftpd.org/ March 2003 ftpwho(1)