Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Networking Problem
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Networking Problem Post 302258805 by elbrand on Sunday 16th of November 2008 03:08:18 AM
Old 11-16-2008
Networking Problem

is there a second network card in the machine? /etc/init.d/networking does a ifconfig -a ... inside.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

IP networking.

In plain english what exactly is IP Networking? Can someone take the time to explain? please! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kikkin
3 Replies

2. IP Networking

Networking

I've installed Mandrake 8.1 over the weekend as has someone else in my apartment house. We share a LAN between the apartment with three computers. I've managed to configure SAMBA and if the computers are on windows then we can see my comp. I can't see their comps though. Whenever I go to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kyphur
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

Networking problem ?

Hi, How to check whether a port is working properly or not ? I am getting a Error message Could not open connection to the host, on port 23: Connect failed. Thanks !! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dreams5617
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Networking with Hub, & Sol 10 Problem

Unable to Ping network nodes Currently have two Solaris 10 servers connected via a dumb Hub. I'm unable to ping either box but they can ping themselves. I have double checked physical connections and the following files; /etc/hosts - verified that all devices are listed correctly... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pham
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Need help with networking

I can't or i don't know how to put up a network and internet on sun solaris 10. I looked and found some stuff on forums around net but I'm missing a few files. Like, "defaultrouter", "resolve.conf", ping is not working ( host unreachable), my card is "lo0" when I use ifconfig -a comand. Should I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: salvor_hardin
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how ..........networking

hi everyone this is dipendra, i am interested in networking,i know simple socket programming . and now i am wonder to get in to audio socket. i have no clue how to build audio socket.so i am looking if u can provide me a link regarding the audio socket building tutorials. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dipendra_regmi
1 Replies

7. IP Networking

C networking

Can anybody help me regarding networking using c language i know how to capture the packets and to verify it`s protocol destination and source ip etc. Can anybody help me to direct a packet coming to an ip to some other ip of my choice ........ Hope reply ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sannair
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris networking problem

e1000g0: flags=1000843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 2 inet 10.13.157.127 netmask ffffffc0 broadcast 10.135.151.191 ether 0:14:4f:a0:e3:3a e1000g1: flags=1000803<UP,BROADCAST,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 8 inet 10.13.157.227 netmask ffffffc0... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnybee
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem of networking in centos

Hello, I am using dual boot of linux, one is ubuntu and the other is one is centos. I have three NIC's and only one of them connected with cable. The thing is that when I boot from the ubuntu, it does recognize it and I am connected to the Internet. When I boot from the centos I am not... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
6 Replies

10. IP Networking

networking problem in virtual machine

Hi, I am running scientific linux guest on ubuntu host. The problem is that the guest machine doesn't have any ip except from the loopback. I want that the guest OS will be in the same local network of the host and not part of internal network that virtualbox create. In other words I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: programAngel
1 Replies
NVE(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    NVE(4)

NAME
nve -- NVIDIA nForce MCP Networking Adapter device driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device miibus device nve Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): if_nve_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The nve driver provides support for the NVIDIA nForce MCP and nForce2 MCP2 networking adapter that is embedded in the southbridge of most nForce and nForce2 motherboards. This driver is a reimplementation of the NVIDIA supported Linux nvnet driver and uses the same closed source API library to access the under- lying hardware. There is currently no programming documentation available for this device, and therefore little is known about the internal architecture of the MAC engine itself. The nve driver supports the following media types: autoselect Enable autoselection of the media type and options. 10baseT/UTP Set 10Mbps operation. 100baseTX Set 100Mbps (Fast Ethernet) operation. 1000baseTX Set 1000Mbps (Gigabit Ethernet) operation. The nve driver supports the following media options: full-duplex Set full duplex operation. For more information on configuring this device, see ifconfig(8). HARDWARE
The nve driver supports the NVIDIA MCP onboard adapters of mainboards with the following chipsets: o nForce o nForce2 o nForce3 o nForce4 DIAGNOSTICS
nve%d: couldn't map memory A fatal initialization error has occurred. nve%d: couldn't map interrupt A fatal initialization error has occurred. nve%d: failed to allocate memory There are not enough mbufs available for allocation. nve%d: device timeout The device has stopped responding to the network, or there is a problem with the network connection (cable). BUGS
There are reports that when the card is in auto select mode, ifconfig output reports a 10baseT/UTP output while the LEDs and bandwidth show that the card is actually in 100baseTX mode. SEE ALSO
altq(4), arp(4), miibus(4), netintro(4), ng_ether(4), rgephy(4), ifconfig(8) HISTORY
The nve driver first appeared in FreeBSD 6.0. AUTHORS
The nve driver was written by Quinton Dolan <q@onthenet.com.au> and David E. O'Brien <obrien@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
January 16, 2011 BSD