Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Auto Purge ZFS Snapshots
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris BigAdmin RSS Auto Purge ZFS Snapshots Post 302258483 by Linux Bot on Friday 14th of November 2008 04:40:06 PM
Old 11-14-2008
Auto Purge ZFS Snapshots

This script is to purge ZFS snapshots that are automatically generated as part of backups. An improved version would automatically maintain a certain amount of space free on disk.

More...

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Recommended Patch Cluster Using ZFS Snapshots

I have a question regarding installing recommended patch clusters via ZFS snapshots. Someone wrote a pretty good blog about it here: Initial Program Load: Live Upgrade to install the recommended patch cluster on a ZFS snapshot The person's article is similar to what I've done in the past. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: christr
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris11: Permission issues with auto-scrub ZFS pool

Short version: pfexec zpool scrub rpool fails saying I do not have permission to perform that action. Apparently scrub is not one of the pfexec allowed actions. Any idea on how to get around it? Long version: I got tired of manually running scrubs and am trying to set it to happen... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: taltamir
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Permissions to run ZFS Snapshots

Hi, I work as an Oracle Technical consultant (mainly DBA related), and I have used ZFS snapshots on previous projects which has helped me a great deal. I often take snapshots before doing some dev work, and then I can roll it back if I want to start again, or if it goes pear shaped!! I have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AndyG
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Understanding ZFS Snapshots - why will it utilize space ?

Hi all, I am moving to Solaris11 and is trying to understand how ZFS snapshot works. Chances upon this Oracle Blog and can't wrap my head around it. https://blogs.oracle.com/solaris/understanding-the-space-used-by-zfs-v2 Hope gurus here can shed some light . ======= ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
4 Replies
uri_urn(n)					    Tcl Uniform Resource Identifier Management						uri_urn(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
uri_urn - URI utilities, URN scheme SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require uri::urn ?1.1.2? uri::urn::quote url uri::urn::unquote url _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides two commands to quote and unquote the disallowed characters for url using the urn scheme, registers the scheme with the package uri, and provides internal helpers which will be automatically used by the commands uri::split and uri::join of package uri to handle urls using the urn scheme. COMMANDS
uri::urn::quote url This command quotes the characters disallowed by the urn scheme (per RFC 2141 sec2.2) in the url and returns the modified url as its result. uri::urn::unquote url This commands performs the reverse of ::uri::urn::quote. It takes an urn url, removes the quoting from all disallowed characters, and returns the modified urls as its result. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category uri of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
rfc 2141, uri, url, urn CATEGORY
Networking uri 1.1.2 uri_urn(n)