Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AirPort Quick Assist
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) OS X Support RSS AirPort Quick Assist Post 302258460 by Linux Bot on Friday 14th of November 2008 03:50:02 PM
Old 11-14-2008
AirPort Quick Assist

AirPort makes getting connected easy—without the wires. With AirPort, you can connect to the Internet, email, local servers, and shared printers without the hassle of being tethered to a short leash. If you've got an AirPort card and access to a wireless network, regardless if it's an AirPort network or something else, we show you how to connect your Mac to a wireless network and get online, as well as how to troubleshoot issues if you come across any.

More from Apple OS X Support ...

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. OS X (Apple)

Airport ID instead of machine name in Terminal

Hi. When I open a Terminal window instead of getting the machine's name (i.e. Joe-Bloggs-laptop) I get `unknown-00-1x-5x-cx-ex-ex:~ bloggs$' which is the Mac's Airport ID (ID munged). I'm on a wireless LAN with one other laptop & three iPhones (Macs running 10.6.8 & iPhones all up to date). ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: phildobbin
9 Replies
AssetCacheTetheratorUtil(8)				    BSD System Manager's Manual 			       AssetCacheTetheratorUtil(8)

NAME
AssetCacheTetheratorUtil -- control networking of tethered devices SYNOPSIS
AssetCacheTetheratorUtil [-j|--json] enable [--duration seconds] --first address --last address --server path AssetCacheTetheratorUtil [-j|--json] disable AssetCacheTetheratorUtil [-j|--json] isEnabled AssetCacheTetheratorUtil [-j|--json] status DESCRIPTION
iOS and tvOS devices connected to a computer with a USB cable can be "tethered," so that they route their Internet requests through the com- puter. AssetCacheTetheratorUtil enables a tethered network (perhaps for a specified number of seconds), disables it, or reports on its sta- tus. AssetCacheTetheratorUtil must be run by root, except for the isEnabled and status commands. OPTIONS
-j|--json Print results in machine-parseable JSON format to stdout. --duration seconds Automatically tear down the tether after a specified amount of time. --first address --last address The first and last IPv4 addresses, in dot notation, to use for the tethered network. The gateway -- the tethering Mac -- will have the first address. --server path The path to a plist specifying the tethered content cache. The plist must be a dictionary with the following keys and values: capabilities dictionary A set of capabilities that the content cache supports. guid string The content cache's ServerGUID. port number The port number on which the content cache accepts requests. SEE ALSO
System Preferences > Sharing > Content Caching, AssetCacheLocatorUtil(8), AssetCacheManagerUtil(8) macOS June 1, 2019 macOS