Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Which modules get installed with modules_install Post 302258233 by otheus on Friday 14th of November 2008 05:23:48 AM
Old 11-14-2008
Right. It's getting made but not installed. The xen compilation "build world" process is handling this.

I tried starting from scratch, but then "build world" resulted in "cannot find stdarg.h". The compilation line has --nostdinc, so I don't know WTF is going on.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/etc/modules/conf

RedHat 7.1 I get /etc/modules.conf is more recent than /lib/modules/2.4.2-2/modules.dep This is currently running on a Dell Latitude CPi Laptop. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jblank1234
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Compilng Modules

Hi all Can anyone tell me if it is possible to compile modules individually without having to recompile the whole kernel? I have recently compiled a new kernel but forgot to compile in lp.o which would allow me to print. I can see lp.c in /usr/src/linux/kernel/drivers/char sometimes in these... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: silvaman
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

modules under bsd

Hello I know that I can load or unload kernel modules (/sbin/modload or /sbin/modunload) but how can I check what of modules are now loaded to my kernel? I heard that I can do it by /sbin/modstat but I haven't file like this in my system... Please help me. Have a nice day (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pgas
2 Replies

4. Solaris

How to check for installed Perl modules on solaris?

Is there a quick way to check for installed perl modules on a solaris server? I found using perl -e "use Crypt::DES" will work for checking one package at a time. I was wondering if there was anything else out there? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jsandova
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Which modules are installed for APACHE?

Is there some way I can tell which modules I have installed for APACHE? Would it be in httpd.conf? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
2 Replies

6. AIX

OS Patches installed but they seem as not installed

Hello everyone: I've installed an OS patch into AIX 6.1 by running the following command: instfix -d /tmp/6100-02-03 -k "IZ41855" however it seem not installed instfix -i -k "IZ41855" There was no data for IZ41855 in the fix database. what am I doing wrong? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: edgarvm
8 Replies

7. Red Hat

Trouble with installed / not installed rpm unixODBC/libodbc.so.1

Hey there, i run 1: on my server (RHEL 6) and getting response that the libodbc is not installed. If i use yum for installation, it tells me, there is no package like this ( 2: ). Since in the description of Definiens is mentioned that the Run-time dependency is unixODBC (libodbc.so.1), I assume... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkirsten
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to create custom modules in perl and how to import all modules with single command?

I have some custom functions which i want to use in perl Scripting all time. i want to How to create modules in perl and how to import them. Also if i create 15 modules and i want to > import all at once then how can i import? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Navrattan Bansa
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get result from both of these modules?

Hallo All unix Guru's I have written a small (static) pl/sql function which is inserting data into database. It is as follows: sqlplus $CONNECT <<-EOF DECLARE Counter integer :=1; BEGIN WHILE Counter <= ${no_of_files} LOOP INSERT INTO... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bluemind2005
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash find version of an installed application but if none is found set variable to App Not Installed

Hello Forum, I'm issuing a one line bash command to look for the version of an installed application and saving the result to a variable like so: APP=application --version But if the application is not installed I want to return to my variable that the Application is not installed. So I'm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: greavette
2 Replies
PCINITRD(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       PCINITRD(8)

NAME
pcinitrd - create a PCMCIA initrd ram disk image SYNOPSIS
pcinitrd [-v] [-a] [--all] [-d alternate-root] [--dir=alternate-root] [-r kernel-release] [--release=kernel-release] [-s image-size] [--size=image-size] [-u] [--update] initrd-image [modules ...] DESCRIPTION
The pcinitrd script creates an initrd ram disk image for booting with the root filesystem on a PCMCIA device. If the target is a block special device (i.e., /dev/fd0), then the initrd image is created on that device. If the target does not already exist or if it is an ordinary file, then pcinitrd will create the image file using the ``loopback'' device. Modules are specified with paths relative to /lib/modules/[kernel-release]. The core PCMCIA modules (pcmcia/pcmcia_core and pcmcia/ds) will automatically be installed in the target image. All other device-specific modules need to be listed on the command line, along with the appropriate socket driver (pcmcia/i82365.o or pcmcia/tcic.o). Alternatively, if -a is specified, then all available PCMCIA socket drivers and block device drivers will be included in the image. Additional files to be copied to the initrd image may also be listed on the command line. Executable programs will be installed in /bin, shared libraries will be installed in /lib, device files will be installed in /dev, and any other files will be placed in /etc. The startup script in the resulting image, linuxrc, may need to be customized for a particular system. It contains the same variable defi- nitions as the normal PCMCIA startup scripts (i.e., PCIC=, PCIC_OPTS=, and CORE_OPTS= variables). The /etc/config.opts file may also need to be edited. Any changes to linuxrc or config.opts will be preserved if pcinitrd is executed in ``update'' mode. Another feature of the generated linuxrc is that if the DEBUG variable is set to a non-blank string at the boot prompt, then cardmgr will echo all its status messages to the console, and after linuxrc executes, it will fire up a shell on the console. This can be helpful for debugging initrd problems. However, few commands are available in the normal initrd environment. OPTIONS
-v Verbose mode. Identify files as they are copied. -a, --all Install all socket drivers and block-style PCMCIA device drivers, including memory card, SCSI card, and fixed-disk drivers. This is mainly intended for use by package maintainers. -d alternate-root, --dir=alternate-root Specifies an alternate directory tree to search for all the files used to put together the initrd image. This may be helpful for running pcinitrd after booting from an installation or rescue diskette. -r kernel-release, --release=kernel-release Specifies the kernel release number (i.e., 2.0.28) to use when looking for modules in /lib/modules. The default is the release of the running kernel. -s image-size, --size=image-size Specifies the filesystem size to create on the target file or device, in 1k blocks. The default is 2400. -u, --update Update mode: updates cardmgr and all the kernel modules in an existing initrd image, but does not modify other files. AUTHOR
David Hinds - dahinds@users.sourceforge.net SEE ALSO
pcmcia(5), cardmgr(8), lilo(8). pcmcia-cs $Date PCINITRD(8)