Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX JVM -32 or 64?
Operating Systems AIX AIX JVM -32 or 64? Post 302258221 by zaxxon on Friday 14th of November 2008 04:45:40 AM
Old 11-14-2008
To check which are installed:
Code:
lslpp -l| grep -i java
  Java14.sdk                1.4.2.75  COMMITTED  Java SDK 32-bit
  Java5_64.sdk              5.0.0.50  COMMITTED  Java SDK 64-bit
  Java14.sdk                1.4.2.75  COMMITTED  Java SDK 32-bit
  Java5_64.sdk              5.0.0.50  COMMITTED  Java SDK 64-bit

rpm -qa| grep -i java

To check what is actually on your disk:
Code:
ls -la /usr| grep -i java
drwxr-xr-x   7 bin      bin            4096 Feb 09 2007  java14
drwxr-xr-x   7 bin      bin             256 May 17 2006  java5_64

To see what's in the path:
Code:
which java
/usr/java5_64/bin/java

To get it's version details:
Code:
java -version
java version "1.5.0"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build pap64dev-20060511 (SR2))
IBM J9 VM (build 2.3, J2RE 1.5.0 IBM J9 2.3 AIX ppc64-64 j9vmap6423-20060504 (JIT enabled)
J9VM - 20060501_06428_BHdSMr
JIT  - 20060428_1800_r8
GC   - 20060501_AA)
JCL  - 20060511a

Usually start the executable with something like "-version" to get some info.
This User Gave Thanks to zaxxon For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Instaling JVM

Hi Everyone I`ve just started with unix can some please help me execute this command via webmin on avirtual server or how do you execute such .bin file this is the error ./j2sdk-1_3_1_15-linux-i586.bin: not found > ls -l total 69124 -rw------- 1 root wheel 8380 May 15 18:01... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: J.Carlos MC05
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

inside the JVM

Hi, does anyone know how to find out what's happening inside a JVM on a unix system? Like what processes are running, which ports, memory usage etc. I'm using AIX 5.2 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rein
1 Replies

3. AIX

JVM Setting

What should be the idle JVM setting for the LPAR having 16 GB of memory? Currently the JVM setting is set to -Xms1024M -Xmx10240M (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aajmani
1 Replies

4. AIX

JVM Invocation in AIX 6.1

Hi all, I'm trying to do JVM invocation from C++ in AIX 6.1. So inorder to do that, i'm loading libjvm.a. When i load the libjvm.a from the path where jre is installed (i.e /usr/java5/jre/bin/classic), it loads correctly and the program works correctly. But according to my requirement, the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: d_ccc
0 Replies

5. Web Development

need help about jvm

hi all i want to install apache and tomcat in unix solaris 10 so i need to konw about heap and jvm memory architecture in jdk version 4 and 5 and 6 i want one help me i searched alot and i can't find something helo me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maxim42
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

What's my JVM bitness?

/apps/wls/bea10/jdk160_05/bin/java -d64 -version execve(): No such file or directory Error trying to exec /apps/wls/bea10/jdk160_05/bin/sparcv9/java. Check if file exists and permissions are set correctly. Failed to start a 64-bit JVM process from a 32-bit JVM. Verify all necessary J2SE... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

JVM Memory used on AIX

Hello, i need just a Unix command line (AIX 6) that gives me the memory/CPU used by a WebSphere JVM from it's PID such as ps -ef | grep 'jvm name'. I know jstat -gc PID but it didn't work Could you help me please Thanks Christian (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: steiner
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

JVM Memory

Hi all, I am starting a JVM in unix and when I use ps command on the pid of process starting JVM the output is something like this :- java -Xms32M -Xmx64M -Xmx128M I need to know what would be the value of Xmx in this case. And how to check that this value be picked while starting JVM... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raj999
3 Replies

9. AIX

JVM Process Name

Hi - In AIX, how do I find the Java Virtual Machine Process Name running on a particular machine? I tried ps -ef | grep java but it does not return a process name. Please help. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ocbit
4 Replies
libglpk-java(3) 					       libglpk-java overview						   libglpk-java(3)

NAME
libglpk-java - GNU Linear Programming Kit Java Binding DESCRIPTION
The GNU Linear Programming Kit (GLPK) package supplies a solver for large scale linear programming (LP) and mixed integer programming (MIP). The GLPK project is hosted at http://www.gnu.org/software/glpk. It has two mailing lists: - help-glpk@gnu.org and - bug-glpk@gnu.org. To subscribe to one of these lists, please, send an empty mail with a Subject: header line of just "subscribe" to the list. GLPK provides a library written in C and a standalone solver. The source code provided at ftp://gnu.ftp.org/gnu/glpk/ contains the docu- mentation of the library in file doc/glpk.pdf. The Java platform provides the Java Native Interface (JNI) to integrate non-Java language libraries into Java applications. Project GLPK for Java delivers a Java Binding for GLPK. It is hosted at http://glpk-java.sourceforge.net/. To report problems and suggestions concerning GLPK for Java, please, send an email to the author at xypron.glpk@gmx.de. ARCHITECTURE
A GLPK for Java application will consist of the following - the GLPK library - the GLPK for Java JNI library - the GLPK for Java class library - the application code. GLPK LIBRARY
The GLPK library can be compiled from source code. Follow the instructions in file INSTALL provided in the source distribution. Precompiled packages are available in many Linux distributions. The usual installation path for the library is /usr/local/lib/libglpk.so. The library has to be in the search path for binaries. GLPK FOR JAVA JNI LIBRARY
The GLPK for Java JNI library can be compiled from source code. Follow the instructions in file INSTALL provided in the source distribu- tion. The usual installation path for the library is /usr/local/lib/jni/libglpk-java.so. The library has to be in the search path for binaries. Specify the library path upon invocation of the application, e.g. java -Djava.library.path=/usr/local/libjni GLPK FOR JAVA CLASS LIBRARY
The source code to compile the GLPK for Java class library is provided at http://glpk-java.sourceforge.net. The GLPK for Java class library can be compiled from source code. Follow the instructions in file INSTALL provided in the source distribu- tion. The usual installation path for the library is /usr/local/share/java/glpk-java.jar. The library has to be in the CLASSPATH. Specify the classpath upon invocation of the application, e.g. java -classpath /usr/local/share/java/glpk-java.jar;. SEE ALSO
Further documentation and examples can be found in the documentation path, which defaults to /usr/local/share/doc/libglpk-java. version 1.0.18 September 10th, 2011 libglpk-java(3)