Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting is it hard to extract particular lines & strings from the files?? Post 302257996 by radoulov on Thursday 13th of November 2008 02:25:28 PM
Old 11-13-2008
This is strange ...
This is the output on my Solaris 9 machine:

Code:
$ cat file
<log logid="845b16ce190811052359400116">
<category>Upstream</category>
<operation>Delete</operation>
<target>SUB</target>
<instance></instance>
<user>sogadm</user>
<context>sog</context>
<fullOperation>DELETE:SUB:9371068317:PREPAY,1EST,ALL;</fullOperation>
<starttime>20081105235940.030937</starttime>
<stoptime>20081106000012.105544</stoptime>
<fullResult>RESP:940120105;;</fullResult>
<status>FAILED</status>
</log>

<log logid="845b16ce190811052359400116">
<category>Upstream</category>
<operation>Create</operation>
<target>SUB</target>
<instance></instance>
<user>sogadm</user>
<context>sog</context>
<fullOperation>CREATE:SUB:9371068317:PREPAY,1EST,ALL;</fullOperation>
<starttime>20081105235940.030937</starttime>
<stoptime>20081106000012.105544</stoptime>
<fullResult>RESP:0;</fullResult>
<status>SUCCESSFUL</status>
</log>

<log logid="845b16ce190811060000120118">
<category>Upstream.CAI</category>
<operation>Get</operation>
<target>CSUB</target>
<instance></instance>
<user>sogadm</user>
<context>sog</context>
<fullOperation>GET:CSUB:71068319:POSTPAY,1EST,ALL;</fullOperation>
<starttime>20081106000012.310898</starttime>
<stoptime>20081106000045.118912</stoptime>
<fullResult>RESP:0;</fullResult>
<status>SUCCESSFUL</status>
</log>
$ perl -00nle'
>   print join "\n", /<fullOperation>(.*?):.*<fullResult>(.*?);/s
>   ' file
DELETE
RESP:940120105

CREATE
RESP:0

GET
RESP:0

Are you sure your <log> tags are separated by empty lines?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK: How to extract text lines between two strings

Hi. I have a text test1.txt file like:Receipt Line1 Line2 Line3 End Receipt Line4 Line5 Line6 Canceled Receipt Line7 Line8 Line9 End (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: TQ3
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract lines between 2 strings add white space

I'm trying to extract all the lines between 2 strings (including the lines containing the strings) To make the strings unique I need to include white space if possible. I'm not certain how to do that. sed -n '/ string1 /,/string2/p' infile > outfile & (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dcfargo
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract strings from multiple lines into one file -

input file Desired csv output gc_type, date/time, milli secs af, Mar 17 13:09:04 2011, 144.596 af, Mar 20 00:37:37 2011, 144.242 af, ar 20 21:30:59 2011, 108.518 Hi All, Any help in acheiving the above would be appreciated. I would like to parse through lines within one file and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish.vampire
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract strings from multiple lines into one csv file

Hi all, Please go through my requirement. I have a log file in the location /opt/WebSphere61/AppServer/profiles/EMQbatchprofile/logs/EMQbatch This file contains the follwing pattern data <af type="tenured" id="42" timestamp="May 14 13:44:13 2011" intervalms="955.624"> <minimum... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish.vampire
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare one files with strings from another + remove lines

Have two files and want to compare the content of file1 with file2. When matched remove the line. awk 'NR==FNR {b; next} !(b in $0)' file1 file2file1 1. if match 2. removefile2 1. this line has to be removed if match 2. this line has a match, remove 3. this line has no match, no removingThe... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdf
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk? extract quoted "" strings from multiple lines.

I am trying to extract multiple strings from snmp-mib files like below. ----- $ cat IF-MIB.mib <snip> linkDown NOTIFICATION-TYPE OBJECTS { ifIndex, ifAdminStatus, ifOperStatus } STATUS current DESCRIPTION "A linkDown trap signifies that the SNMP entity, acting in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: genzo
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding a text in files & replacing it with unique strings

Hallo Everyone. I have to admit I'm shell scripting illiterate . I need to find certain strings in several text files and replace each of the string by unique & corresponding text. I prepared a csv file with 3 columns: <filename>;<old_pattern>;<new_pattern> ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gordom
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenating 2 lines from 2 files having matching strings

Hello All Unix Users, I am still new to Unix, however I am eager to learn it.. I have 2 files, some lines have some matching substrings, I would like to concatenate these lines into one lines, leaving other untouched. Here below is an example for that.. File 1 (fasta file): >292183... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohamed EL Hadi
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to extract the partial matching strings among two files?

I have a two file as shown below, file:1 >Contig_152_415 (REVERSE SENSE) >Contig_152_420 (REVERSE SENSE) >Contig_152_472 (REVERSE SENSE) >Contig_152_484 (REVERSE SENSE) File:2 >Contig_152:49081-49929 ATCGAGCAGCGCCGCGTGCGGTGCACCCTTGTGCAGATCGGGAGTAACCACGCGCACGGC... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshkumarsrk
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Match patterns between two files and extract certain range of strings

Hi, I need help to match patterns from between two different files and extract region of strings. inputfile1.fa >l-WR24-1:1 GCCGGCGTCGCGGTTGCTCGCGCTCTGGGCGCTGGCGGCTGTGGCTCTACCCGGCTCCGG GGCGGAGGGCGACGGCGGGTGGTGAGCGGCCCGGGAGGGGCCGGGCGGTGGGGTCACGTG... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bunny_merah19
4 Replies
CABEXTRACT(1)						      General Commands Manual						     CABEXTRACT(1)

NAME
cabextract - program to extract files from Microsoft cabinet (.cab) archives SYNOPSIS
cabextract [-ddir] [-f] [-Fpattern] [-h] [-l] [-L] [-p] [-q] [-s] [-t] [-v] cabinet files ... DESCRIPTION
cabextract is a program that un-archives files in the Microsoft cabinet file format (.cab) or any binary file which contains an embedded cabinet file (frequently found in .exe files). cabextract will extract all files from all cabinet files specified on the command line. To extract a multi-part cabinet consisting of several files, only the first cabinet file needs to be given as an argument to cabextract as it will automatically look for the remaining files. To prevent cabextract from extracting cabinet files you did not specify, use the -s option. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. -d dir Extracts all files into the directory dir. -f When testing or extracting cabinet files, corrupted MSZIP blocks will be ignored. A warning will be printed if a corrupted MSZIP block is encountered. -F pattern Only files with names that match the shell pattern pattern shall be listed, tested or extracted. On non-GNU systems, this match may be case-sensitive. -h Prints a page of help and exits. -l Lists the contents of the given cabinet files, rather than extracting them. -L When extracting cabinet files, makes each extracted file's name lowercase. -p Files shall be extracted to standard output. -q When extracting cabinet files, suppresses all messages except errors and warnings. -s When testing, listing or extracting cabinets which span multiple files, only cabinet files given on the command line shall be used. -t Tests the integrity of the cabinet. Files are decompressed, but not written to disk or standard output. If the file successfully decompresses, the MD5 checksum of the file is printed. -v If given alone on the command line, prints the version of cabextract and exits. Given with a list of cabinet files, it will list the contents of the cabinet files. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Stuart Caie <kyzer@4u.net>, based on the one written by Eric Sharkey <sharkey@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system. SEE ALSO
lcab(1) October 30, 2005 CABEXTRACT(1)