Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Remove login message
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Remove login message Post 302257886 by vbe on Thursday 13th of November 2008 09:33:16 AM
Old 11-13-2008
Have you checked the content of the logfile /SYSTEM/custom/scripts/CIDM/KENAN_DAT/logs/${FILE_PREFIX}_${TDATE}_extractStatus.log?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix login welcome message

When I telnet to a unix server someone put a stupid message there: Last login: Mon Nov 15 16:59:13 from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx Sun Microsystems Inc. SunOS 5.8 Generic Patch October 2001 YO! <-- message Mon Nov 15 17:19:05 EST 2004 How did they do it and how can I find out who did it? ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: webtekie
17 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I want to change login failure message, "login incorrect"

I want to change login failure message, "login incorrect" deny user login for user id tom sudo passwd -l tom type username and type password on login prompt and then it will display login failure message "login incorrect" console ############ login: tom password: login incorrect... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lifegeek
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

login message

hi friends.....can anyone help me out.... i want to display a message whenever a user logs in...like goodmorning,goodafternoon etc depending on the time of login.can anyone suggest a shell script for this???? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhilneela
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

telnet banner message before login

why I didn't set /etc/inetd.conf telnet stream tcp nowait root /usr/lbin/telnetd \ telnetd -b /etc/issue only telnet stream tcp nowait root /usr/lbin/telnetd in /etc/ineted.conf but when I telnet my HPUX machine it shows those message HP-UX hp1008 B.11.31 U ia64 (tb) login: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alert0919
1 Replies

5. Solaris

error message rmclomv ... SC Login Failure for user Please login:

Hello World ~ HW : SUN Fire V240 OS : Solaris 8 Error message prompts 'rmclomv ... SC login failure ...' on terminal. and Error Message prompts continually 'SC Login Failure for user Please login:' on Single Mode(init S) The System is in normal operation, though In case of rain, Can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lifegeek
1 Replies

6. Solaris

A DT Message error on login... other symptoms

First let me apologize for joining and posting... but this thing is killing me. I can usually solve these problems myself but I am reaching for help now. I have about 2 years Unix 8 experience but I am by no means an expert but not a newb either. A little background. My system runs a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpb218
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change banner message for console login?

Hi All, Whenever I login to server via console, after providing username (root) it displays a banner message. I want to remove this message Serverabc : root Welcome to Server !!! Password: It is Centos 5.4 box. I have checked /etc/issue and /etc/motd. It does not... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalpeer
8 Replies

8. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Login message

My location is set to London. Why does the 2nd line of my welcome message say "You are somewhere around Glasgow."? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Robert W.Mills
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How do I remove or hide SunOS version/release from remote login prompt?

For any SunOS 5.XX release, it appears prior to the "login:" prompt (as if a "uname" command is run). Would anyone know where that initial display of SunOS release comes from upon a remote login and how I can stop if from displaying? Thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssid61
4 Replies
rlogind(8c)															       rlogind(8c)

Name
       rlogind - remote login server

Syntax
       /etc/rlogind

Description
       The server is used for the program.  The server provides a remote login facility with authentication based on privileged port numbers.

The  server is invoked by when it receives a connection on the port indicated in the login service specification.  For further information,
       see When a service request is received, the following protocol is initiated:

1.  The server checks the client's source port.	If the port is not in the range 0-1023, the server aborts the connection.

2.  The server checks the client's source address and requests the corresponding host name.  If the hostname cannot be determined, the dot-
	   notation representation of the host address is used.

Once  the source port and address have been checked, allocates a pseudo terminal and manipulates file descriptors so that the slave half of
       the pseudo terminal becomes the stdin, stdout, and stderr for a login process.  For further information, see

The login process is an instance of the program, invoked with the option.  The login process then proceeds with the authentication  process
       as described in but if automatic authentication fails, it reprompts the user to log in on a standard terminal line.

The  parent of the login process manipulates the master side of the pseudo terminal, operating as an intermediary between the login process
       and the client instance of the program.	In normal operation, the packet protocol described in is invoked to provide ^S/^Q type	facilities
       and propagate interrupt signals to the remote programs.	The login process propagates the client terminal's baud rate and terminal type, as
       found in the environment variable, TERM.  For further information see

The screen or window size of the terminal is requested from the client, and any changes in the window size from the client are sent to  the
       pseudo terminal.

Restrictions
       The authentication procedure used here assumes the integrity of each client machine and the connecting medium.  This is insecure, but it is
       useful in an open environment.

Diagnostics
       All diagnostic messages are returned on the connection associated with the stderr, after which any  network  connections  are  closed.	An
       error is indicated by a leading byte with a value of 1.

Hostname for your address unknown
       No entry in the host name database existed for the client's machine.

Try again
       A fork by the server failed.

/bin/sh: ...
       The user's login shell could not be started.

See Also
       rlogin(1c), inetd(8c)

rlogind(8c)