Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Storing information in arrays.... Post 302257615 by cfajohnson on Wednesday 12th of November 2008 04:38:38 PM
Old 11-12-2008

Use next, not continue.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing value in a variable

Hi Everyone, I have a code which requires to be stored in different variables and I am achiving it like this. HOST=`echo $RMP | cut -f2 -d:` NAME=`echo $RMP | cut -f3 -d:` DIR=`echo $RMP | cut -f4 -d:` TYPE=`echo $RMP | cut -f5 -d:` Is there any other way of storing value... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gehlnar
2 Replies

2. Web Development

PHP arrays in arrays

PHP question... I have an SQL query that's pulled back user IDs as a set of columns. Rather than IDs, I want to use their names. So I have an array of columns $col with values 1,7,3,12 etc and I've got an array $person with values "Fred", "Bert", "Tom" etc So what I want to do is display the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JerryHone
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

storing values in arrays using shell

Friends, I have to execute a command and store its contents into an array using shell. this is what i have tried #!/bin/bash disk_names = ($(`iostat -xtc | egrep -v "device|nfs" | awk '{print $1}'| tr '\n' ' ' `)) But its throwing an error message as ./test-script ./test-script:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: achak01
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing information into a database.

Hey guys, i am having a problem in storing new data into a text file. The database in in a text file and it displays information like this : Name : Price : Quantity Persia : 80 : 30 Now , i have written the code to check if the book already exist in the Databse. Number= echo -n... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gregarion
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing a password

Hello, for an automated telnet login script I need to store a password on the server. Is there a possibility to store the password in an encrypted form and decrypt it every time the login is performed? Are there any ideas Love, Sally (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sally[-_-]
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing values in arrays using csh

I am reading a number of files but then I want to put the ranges xmin xmax ymin ymax as arrays for each file. Any idea how I can do this??? set j = 1 echo "Welcome $i times" while ( $j <= $i ) echo "$j" set fname = $fin-bst-misf.xy echo " "$fname ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing values in arrays

I have the following csh script which lets the use pass the following as an argument -legend=tag1/tag2/tag3/tag4/tag5/tag6/tag7 We pass a number of tags separated by '/'. I want to save the legend tags in an array and have done as below. How can I improve on this as things are getting quite... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
3 Replies

8. Programming

extracting information from lines, put them into arrays

hi I need a little help writing this small perl script. I'm trying to extract the values from each line in a file and find the average for example cat school Highschool 100, 123, 135 Middleschool 41, 67, 54 Elementary 76, 315, 384 ./average.pl highschool: 119.3 middleschool: 54... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gengar
2 Replies

9. Programming

question about int arrays and file pointer arrays

if i declare both but don't input any variables what values will the int array and file pointer array have on default, and if i want to reset any of the elements of both arrays to default, should i just set it to 0 or NULL or what? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: omega666
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

storing strings in C

i'm trying to figure out how to store strings into an array, can someone help me figure it out? i would like to store the following for example: array = "dog" array = "cat" the inputs are coming from the command line. Thanks, (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: l flipboi l
6 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD