Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: uninstall NIM
Operating Systems AIX uninstall NIM Post 302257485 by shockneck on Wednesday 12th of November 2008 10:18:27 AM
Old 11-12-2008
As long as you did not mix NIM filesystems with others there should be no problem removing NIM from the production server.
# smitty nim_unconfig
# installp -ugx bos.sysmgt.nim.master
# rm -rf <your_nim_filesystems>
Create the new NIM master first, if you want to transfer NIM resources from the old master.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how do u uninstall apache

i am running redhat 7.3 how do i unistall apache if i installed from a tarball? really need to know this thanx (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: matt2kjones
8 Replies

2. Solaris

Uninstall Apache 1.3.37

I have installed apache on solaris 8. May I know how do i uninstall it? :confused: thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sagolo
1 Replies

3. AIX

migrate NIM server through NIM installation

I try to migrate a NIM server from one server to another. I try to do a mksysb on NIM server restore the NIM server's mksysb to a client through NIM installation shutdown NIM server start newly installed client as NIM server Does anyone do this before? who can give me some suggestion? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanzhang
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Perl - How to uninstall? Will pkgrm uninstall all versions?

Hello, I'm working on a Solaris 9/Sparc machine and it has the Solaris 10 version of Perl (5.8.8) installed on it, which always requires all kinds of library files that Solaris 9 doesn't come with. I think the best way to do is to uninstall this wrong version and install the correct Solaris 9... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alanlh
1 Replies

5. Solaris

how to uninstall the package help

hi i installed wine1.1.2-sol11-i386.pkg.bz2 but wine doesnt work error err:process:start_wineboot failed to start wineboot, err 1359 how can i uninstall that package and how can i fix that error (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ect1
2 Replies

6. AIX

Back up a client NIM from nim master

Hello everyone Im trying to backup a nim client from nim master but I got this message COMMAND STATUS Command: failed stdout: yes stderr: no Before command completion, additional instructions may appear below. 0042-001 nim:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
2 Replies

7. AIX

NIM : remove nim client info from the client

Hi. I change my client's IP and hostname but I forgot to change anything on the master. How can I redefine or modify my client's resource from my master, or with using smit niminit from my client ? Tks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stephnane
2 Replies

8. AIX

Problem in communication nim client with nim master

Hello, I have an AIX6.1 machine which is a nim client to my nim master which is also AIX6.1 machine. I had some problem to perform an installation on my client using smit nim . i removed /etc/niminfo file in order to do the initialization again but when i run the command niminit -a name=client... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
0 Replies

9. AIX

How to know NIM name from NIM client?

Friend's, I was playing around with NIM in my environment & had a quick question in mind which I didn't/couldn't find answer to, which is -- how to find the name of the NIM server sitting on the NIM client? All leads to the answer would be much appreciated, many thanks! -- Souvik (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thisissouvik
2 Replies

10. HP-UX

Uninstall OpenSSL

We have a legacy HP-UX 11.11 server that has a number of security vulnerabilities associated with OpenSSL. We have a project in the works to replace this server but until then I need to deal with the vulnerabilities. No applications on the server utilize SSL, so my plan was to simply remove it. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jduehmig
8 Replies
roar_stream_exec(3)					System Manager's Manual: RoarAudio				       roar_stream_exec(3)

NAME
roar_stream_exec - Set a stream as master stream of a client SYNOPSIS
#include <roaraudio.h> int roar_stream_exec(struct roar_connection * con, struct roar_stream * s); DESCRIPTION
This sets a stream to be the master stream of a client. A master stream is a stream send via the client's controll channel. If a master stream is closed the client and all it's streams are closed. Setting a master stream can not be undone nor can any controll commands be send anymore. This is used mainly for opening a connection for just playback without need to change things later like roar_simple_play(3) does it. PARAMETERS
con The connection to the server. s The stream to be set as master stream. RETURN VALUE
On success these calls return 0. On error, -1 is returned. EXAMPLES
FIXME SEE ALSO
roar_simple_play(3), libroar(7), RoarAudio(7). RoarAudio May 2011 roar_stream_exec(3)