Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming A C++ programing Shell on Win Post 302257390 by dalmus on Wednesday 12th of November 2008 03:55:15 AM
Old 11-12-2008
A C++ programing Shell on Win

Hello

I need to translade the power of unix command shell (grep, sed, awk, wc, etc..) to windows.

In my work every day I administrate 15 unix server ans 18 windows server, and I have the problem the absolutly limitation of windows shell. I´m a system administrator but I know programming.

I want to make a Windows program that imitates the power funtions of unix shell commands, a win-shell I want to know what it´s the best programming lengauge to make this.

Thanks in advantage.

P.D: Sorry to make this question in this forum instead of a programmin forum, In programming forum usually not know much of Sistem administration

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Remote shell with Win 2000

I need to use the RSH command to run a shell script on my Unix box from Win 2000. I'm using the etc/hosts.equiv file for configuring Unix. In it I have the hostname and username as required. As a test, I enter the following on the Win 2000 dos command: rsh servername -l username df -k. The... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ebergh
8 Replies

2. Programming

Win programing

I am having a windows and i would like to know whitch program do you prefer for programing in windows P.S. C++ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: D.Borak
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

mutex in shell programing

A shell in crontab per 5 min write a file B shell in crontab per 6 min read a file how to lock the share file a ;avioid confilict in write and read? Thx : -) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zz_xm
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Editing files in shell programing

Hi folks, In our product installation program we edit xml files by deleting lines and appending new lines instead of them. For example: update_Log4plsql_xml() { machineName=`uname -n` hostIP=`cat /etc/hosts | grep ${machineName} | cut -f1` trap 'clean_up | tee -a $installLog ; exit' 1 2... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nir_s
0 Replies

5. Linux

Linux game programing or just shell scripting

Well Acording to my job... Anyhelp plz. I need some basic scripting stuff. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Irish Jimmy
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell programing...

Hi... i need to write a shell script wich shows the full name and station of every logged user in the system. pls help! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: relu89
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Programing with awk Tool

I'm working on a program in with shell programming and it needs to be able to delete the contents of files in the Home directory on certain days of the week.(like tuesday). Can anyone help me with this? Thanks in advance, Taffy. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Taffy
7 Replies

8. Programming

Shell programing to implement SQL package

hi all, i have a table with employee details like his name,addr,DOB etc. i need a shell program which takes one date as input from user and print the employees whose DOB is less than that date. in sql package the select query is written (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vidyaj
2 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

need help with shell programing script

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Write a Shell script to automatically check that a specified user is logged in to the computer. The program should allow the person running the script to specify the name of the user to be checked, the frequency in seconds at... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: operator
5 Replies
sh(1)							      General Commands Manual							     sh(1)

NAME
sh - overview of various system shells SYNOPSIS
POSIX Shell option] ... string] [arg ...] option] ... string] [arg ...] Korn Shell option] ... string] [arg ...] option] ... string] [arg ...] C Shell [command_file] [argument_list ...] Key Shell DESCRIPTION
Remarks The POSIX .2 standard requires that, on a POSIX-compliant system, executing the command activates the POSIX shell (located in file on HP-UX systems), and executing the command produces an on-line manual entry that displays the syntax of the POSIX shell command-line. However, the command has historically been associated with the conventional Bourne shell, which could confuse some users. To meet stan- dards requirements and also clarify the relationships of the various shells and where they reside on the system, this entry provides com- mand-line syntax and a brief description of each shell, and lists the names of the manual entries where each shell is described in greater detail. The Bourne shell is removed from the system starting with HP-UX 11i Version 1.5. Please use the POSIX shell as an alternative. Shell Descriptions The HP-UX operating system supports the following shells: POSIX-conforming command programming language and command interpreter residing in file Can execute commands read from a terminal or a file. This shell conforms to current POSIX standards in effect at the time the HP-UX system release was introduced, and is similar to the Korn shell in many respects. Similar in many respects to the Korn shell, the POSIX shell contains a history mechanism, supports job control, and provides various other useful features. Korn-shell command programming language and commands interpreter residing in file Can execute commands read from a terminal or a file. This shell, like the POSIX shell, contains a his- tory mechanism, supports job control, and provides various other useful features. A command language interpreter that incorporates a command history buffer, C-language-like syntax, and job control facilities. Restricted version of the POSIX shell command interpreter. Sets up a login name and execution environment whose capabilities are more controlled (restricted) than normal user shells. restricted version of the Korn-shell command interpreter Sets up a login name and execution environment whose capabilities are more controlled (restricted) than normal user shells. An extension of the standard Korn Shell that uses hierarchical softkey menus and context-sensitive help. +--------------+--------------------+ | To obtain: | Use the command: | +--------------+--------------------+ | POSIX Shell | /usr/bin/sh ... | | Korn Shell | /usr/bin/ksh ... | | C Shell | /usr/bin/csh ... | | Key Shell | /usr/bin/keysh | +--------------+--------------------+ These shells can also be the default invocation, depending on the entry in the file. See also chsh(1). WARNINGS
Many manual entries contain descriptions of shell behavior or describe program or application behavior similar to ``the shell'' with a ref- erence to ``see sh(1)''. SEE ALSO
For more information on the various individual shells, see: keysh(1) Key Shell description. ksh(1) Korn Shell description. sh-posix(1) POSIX Shell description. csh(1) C Shell description. sh(1)