Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Unable to execute commands using rsh in Solaris 9 and 10. Post 302257019 by otheus on Tuesday 11th of November 2008 07:09:27 AM
Old 11-11-2008
See this: rsh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

return codes from rsh commands...

I have a Korn shell script that executes a number of commands on a remote server. Is it possible to feed in the last exit code of the rsh commands (i.e. something like $?) to a variable within the local shell script? I tried the following: returncode=$(rsh spns31 ".... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bbouch
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while running rsh commands !!!

Hi All I am trying to run an RSH command remotely to a machine, but I am gettinf the following errors, can anyone help me to resolve the errors user@server10:~> rsh user@server24 'uname -n' rcmd: getaddrinfo: Temporary failure in name resolution Thanks in advance to all Chirantan (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaha
3 Replies

3. Solaris

rsh commands not getting executed from Solaris 10 System to AIX System

Hi Friends, I am trying to execute rsh commands from Solaris 10 system to AIX system. When I give; Solaris10# rsh <hostname> ls -l , it gives me an error rshd : 0826-826 The host name for your address is not known At the same time, Solaris10# rsh <hostname> ---- gives me remote shell of... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: jumadhiya
25 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

RSH and sending commands

Dear All, I want to rsh a machine; lets say rsh ds-00 then i want to send a couple of commands via a script to be perfomed on the remote computer for instance rsh ds-00 df -k but it is not working when i do the scripting... What can be the problem BR/asad (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asadlone
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Remote commands problem using RSH & Rexec

I have enabled the RSH and Rexec command in my HP-UX server but when i try to send any command to the server it returns Execute Permission Denied except commands like ls-l C:\rsh xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -l mpac mxpkill 12 the mxpkill command work when I log to the server using telnet with the same... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fhuwaidy
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can BASH execute commands on a remote server when the commands are embedded in shell

I want to log into a remote server transfer over a new config and then backup the existing config, replace with the new config. I am not sure if I can do this with BASH scripting. I have set up password less login by adding my public key to authorized_keys file, it works. I am a little... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bash_in_my_head
1 Replies

7. Solaris

how to Implicitly execute some unix commands during/after Solaris reboot

I have to execute 2 commands everytime i reboot my Solaris machine. Simple "share" and "chown" commands. Is there anywhere (maybe a config file or something) where I can include these commands so that I do not have to manually run them everytime I reboot the machine? Any help appreciated... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lydiaEd
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unable to execute while loop

Hi everyone. I wanted to print numbers from 1 to 5 in reverse order. For this I used the following code: #!/bin/bash x=5 while do echo $x x=`expr $x - 1` echo "" done echo "" Well but on compiling the above code, it gives the following error. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: grc
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

execute remote commands with rsh

Hi, I earlier determined I cannot use FTP to execute remote commands on a server. My problem, I need to use a second server to get/put files via ftp onto my primary server and various tertiary servers. my server(A) ---> server (B) ----> server blah(c), server balh(C) I cannot directly... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mcclunyboy
1 Replies

10. AIX

Nim server "Unable to execute remote client commands"

Hello, What is its mean? Could you please help me? Best regards, root@nimserver:/> nimadm -j nimadmvg -c dev4 -s spot1 -l lpp_source1 -d "hdisk7" -Y Initializing the NIM master. Initializing NIM client dev4. 0042-006 c_rsh: (exec_nimsh_cmd) exec_cmd Error 0 poll: setup failure... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: getrue
2 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)