Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Track user logoff in AIX 5.3
Operating Systems AIX Track user logoff in AIX 5.3 Post 302257007 by kimyo on Tuesday 11th of November 2008 05:32:19 AM
Old 11-11-2008
Hey, thanx for the quick response

You know users, always complaining. The users say they get "kicked-off" the system by the application. But some how I don't believe them?! I asked the client if the users get "timed-out" or actually kicked-off the system and they say kicked-off.

So the user's are pointing at the application guys, the application guys are pointing at the OS guys and nobody can show otherwise ?

Any ideas ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

logoff ghost user

I just noticed by running a who command that I was logged in twice . So two admin2 are on the list. (solaris 2.6) Since I telnet using a windows 98, I suppose that I forgot to CTRL-D last time I logged in and clicked on hangup. In such a case, how can I loggoff the old ghost loggin ? It's not a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: phpote
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

logoff idle user script

Will someone please share a script with me that will read in each line of the who -u output and if idle time is more than 50 min, execute a kill on the PID? This is what I have so far: who -u | cut -c 40-56 I am comfortable in the korn shell, but I can broaden my horizons if you've got... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: michieka
4 Replies

3. AIX

Logoff a user...

Hi... could anyone tell me how to kill a user session on my server with out affecting other user? Bala (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Possible to track FTP user last login? Last and Finger don't track them.

Like the topic says, does anyone know if it is possible to check to see when an FTP only user has logged in? Because the shell is /bin/false and they are only using FTP to access the system doing a "finger" or "last" it says they have never logged in. Is there a way to see when ftp users log in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LordJezo
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

keep track of every user

dear all , I m new to shell programming and I need your help. Actually i want to keep track of all the commands executed in a bash prompt of users , very much in same manner as it is displayed when we run "history" command. now the users are smart enough as they delete their history by... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: xander
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Track user commands

Hi, I have a unix server and I am concerned about the security on that server. I would like to be able to write a script that records all the commands that were typed at the command prompt before the user calls the 'history -c' command and deletes all the history. I was thinking about firing or... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mishkamima
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Track user

Hi, i suddenly realized that a directory is deleted unfortunately there are many user have pervilages on this directory is there a way to track the user who delete this directory or atleast from now can i enable something so that i can track from now I think there is way from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: crackgeek
2 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Track user log!

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: The task is to measure the density of users that are logged on system. The program should check that every 30... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: petel1
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to track user activity?

Hi All Please can you help me with the following issue: A certain vendor installed an application in which for a user to log in; the user must use a user created/predefined by the application. And because this application has more than one user its difficult to track who did what and when,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Track activity of a user

Hi All We have a job which writes files to a server at a particular time. The files will be created by a particular user ID Today, during the execution of the job, it created a file to the server and the file sat on the server for sometime, but was deleted immediately at the end of the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparks
4 Replies
DOVEADM-KICK(1) 						      Dovecot							   DOVEADM-KICK(1)

NAME
doveadm-kick - Disconnect users by user name and/or IP address SYNOPSIS
doveadm [-Dv] kick [ -a anvil_socket_path] [-f] user doveadm [-Dv] kick [ -a anvil_socket_path] [-f] ip[/mask] doveadm [-Dv] kick [ -a anvil_socket_path] [-f] user ip[/mask] DESCRIPTION
doveadm's kick command is used to disconnect users by user name and/or the ip address, from which they are connected. In the first form, all users, whose login name matches the user argument, will be disconnected. In the second form, all users, connected from the given IP address or network range, will be disconnected. In the last form, only users connected from the given IP address or networks range and a matching login name will be disconnected. OPTIONS
Global doveadm(1) options: -D Enables verbosity and debug messages. -v Enables verbosity, including progress counter. Command specific options: -a anvil_socket_path This option is used to specify an absolute path to an alternative UNIX domain socket. By default doveadm(1) will use the socket /var/run/dovecot/anvil. The socket may be located in another directory, when the default base_dir setting was overridden in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf. -f Enforce the disconnect, even when there are multiple users, from different networks, connected to a single process. This option may be only required when you have configured something like: service imap { ... client_limit = 1+n service_count = 0 ... } ARGUMENTS
ip[/mask] ip or ip/mask is the host or network, from which the users are connected. user Is a user's login name. Depending on the configuration, a login name may be for example jane or john@example.com. It's also possi- ble to use '*' and '?' wildcards (e.g. -u *@example.org). EXAMPLE
If you don't want to disconnect all users at once, you can check who's currently logged in. The first example demonstrates how to discon- nect all users whose login name is 3 characters long and begins with ba. doveadm who -1 ja* username proto pid ip jane imap 8192 ::1 james imap 8203 2001:db8:543:2::1 doveadm kick ba? kicked connections from the following users: bar baz The next example shows how to kick user foo's connections from 192.0.2.*. doveadm who -1 foo username proto pid ip foo imap 8135 fd95:4eed:38ba::25 foo imap 9112 192.0.2.53 foo imap 8216 192.0.2.111 doveadm kick foo 192.0.2.0/24 kicked connections from the following users: foo doveadm who f* username # proto (pids) (ips) foo 1 imap (8135) (fd95:4eed:38ba::25) REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs, including doveconf -n output, to the Dovecot Mailing List <dovecot@dovecot.org>. Information about reporting bugs is avail- able at: http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html SEE ALSO
doveadm(1), doveadm-who(1) Dovecot v2.1 2010-06-12 DOVEADM-KICK(1)