Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Compiling Code
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Compiling Code Post 302256745 by RossMc on Monday 10th of November 2008 12:56:53 PM
Old 11-10-2008
Compiling Code

Hi i am new to programming im having a bit of a problem i have installed kubuntu on my computer and i have wrote some code but when i go to compile it i get this error in the terminal

ross@ubuntu:~/cp1$ g++ -ansi -pedantic array.cpp -o array
ross@ubuntu:~/cp1$ array
The program 'array' is currently not installed. You can install it by typing:
sudo apt-get install sufary
bash: array: command not found
ross@ubuntu:~/cp1$

usually when i compile it and type array on the uni computers the programme will run but i don't know why it isnt on my kubuntu

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

C compiling

I recently loaded SuSE on my intel comp. I am presently taking a walk down memory lane from my days at UofT. I was fiddling round with cc and the gcc compilers. I wrote a basic basic basic program . I tried to compile it as I remember doing in Uni. The problem is that it can't find the header... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cantcatchme
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

re-compiling

I have a problem. How can I be sure that the binary currently in production is the binary originally produced by the compiler? I ask because recompiling the sources (ALL sources + stripping away the metadata: strip ...) does not give the same result. I am pretty sure that I wasn't hacked! ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aViking
5 Replies

3. Programming

Error message of compiling a C code

Hi, Recently I have a C Code and i compile on my pc with gcc -D _t_1 -o a.out test.c It works fine for me on my pc. However, upon transferring the same code on Sun Solaris server, it breaks with the below message:- Undefined first referenced symbol ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahjiefreak
3 Replies

4. Programming

Compilation error when compiling Pro*C code

I'm running a query similar to the one that I'm describing below -: _______________________________ EXEC SQL INSERT INTO TABLE1 ( C1 ,C2 ,C3 ,C4 ) (SELECT DISTINCT B.V1 ,B.V2 ,( SELECT D.V3 FROM TABLE2 D WHERE D.V3 = C.V4) ,B.V4 FROM TABLE2 B ,TABLE3 C WHERE B.V3 = C.V4) ;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maheshp
1 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Problem compiling C++ Code in Cygwin

Hello everyone. I just recently installed Cygwin and I am running it under Windows 7. My problem is that I cannot seem to compile any C++ code with g++. I've tried to compile C Code using gcc and that works just fine. But Whenever I try to compile some C++ code, g++ throws a whole bunch of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anlex
6 Replies

6. Programming

Compiling and running Python code

Hey there, First post here in the Unix forums, but I have used them a lot for research over the last year. Anyways, to why I'm here now: I'm working on a project and I'll be using the AIS Parser SDK by Brian C. Lane (can't post the link, but google that and the first 8 links will be relevant) ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmd006
4 Replies

7. Programming

Problems compiling code

I am trying to compile some code and getting lot of errors g++ -traditional -Wno-non-template-friend -Wno-deprecated -O3 -DNDEBUG -DREAL=float -DGetREAL=Getfloat -IbaseLib -Itommy -Iothers ./source/main/RayTrac.cc -o raytrac ./source/main/RayTrac.cc:36:20: error: gendef.h: No such file or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies

8. Programming

Compiling C++ code with NetCDF libraries: "undefined reference"

Hi! I am trying to compile a C++ code with cmake and gcc on Ubuntu. The code uses NetCDF4 libraries. I specify the path to these libraries as follows: -I/usr/local/include -L/usr/local/lib -lnetcdf -lnetcdf_c++4 "ccmake" and "cmake" work fine. After typing "make" I receive the error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alauda
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compiling source code issue

Need assistance in compile a source code with PERL flags Compile source code CDFconvert-2.2.3 which requires Fortran 90,Perl interpreter , Perl/TK module , NetCDF library , Gempak I have all the above required libraries . Issue is when compiling the source code it looks for local... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CPT test exam compiling code

Hello all I am new to programming and trying to compile this code #include <asm/unistd.h> #include <sys/mman.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <errno.h> #define MREMAP_MAYMOVE 1 #define MREMAP_FIXED 2 #define __NR_real_mremap __NR_mremap static inline _syscall5( void *,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: crustymonkey
2 Replies
MK-SBUILD(1)						      General Commands Manual						      MK-SBUILD(1)

NAME
mk-sbuild - creates chroots via schroot and sbuild SYNOPSIS
mk-sbuild [options...] <release> DESCRIPTION
mk-sbuild creates chroots via schroot and sbuild. OPTIONS
Listed below are the command line options for mk-sbuild: --arch=ARCH What architecture to select (defaults to the native architecture). --name=NAME Base name for the schroot (arch is appended). --personality=PERSONALITY What personality to use (defaults to match --arch). --debug Turn on script debugging. --skip-updates Do not include the -updates pocket in the installed sources.list. --source-template=FILE Use FILE as the sources.list template (defaults to $HOME/.mk-sbuild.sources). --debootstrap-mirror=URL Use URL as the debootstrap source (defaults to http://ports.ubuntu.com where appropriate, official Ubuntu repositories for the sup- ported architectures). --debootstrap-include=alpha,beta Pass along a comma separated list of packages to debootstrap's --include argument. See debootstrap (8) for more details. --debootstrap-exclude=alpha,beta Pass along a comma separated list of packages to debootstrap's --exclude argument. WARNING: be careful using this option as you can end up excluding essential package. See debootstrap (8) for more details. --distro=DISTRO Enable distro-specific logic. When not provided, the distribution is determined from release. Currently known distros: "debian" and "ubuntu". --vg=VOLUME_GROUP Specify a volume group, and subsequently use a default SCHROOT_TYPE of "lvm-snapshot" rather than "directory" (via overlayfs or aufs) mounts. --type=SHROOT_TYPE Specify a SCHROOT_TYPE. Supported values are "directory" (default if --vg not specified), "lvm-snapshot" (default if --vg speci- fied), "btrfs-snapshot", and "file". ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
LV_SIZE Size of source LVs (defaults to 5G). SNAPSHOT_SIZE Size of snapshot LVs (defaults to 4G). SCHROOT_CONF_SUFFIX Lines to append to schroot entries. SKIP_UPDATES Do not include the -updates pocket (same as --skip-updates) DEBOOTSTRAP_MIRROR Mirror location (same as --debootstrap-mirror) DEBOOTSTRAP_INCLUDE Comma separated list of packages to include when bootstrapping (same as --debootstrap-include) DEBOOTSTRAP_EXCLUDE Comma separated list of packages to exclude when bootstrapping (same as --debootstrap-exclude; see warning above) SOURCE_CHROOTS_DIR Use SOURCE_CHROOTS_DIR as home of schroot source directories. (default /var/lib/schroot/chroots) SOURCE_CHROOTS_TGZ Use SOURCE_CHROOTS_TGZ as home of schroot source tarballs. (default /var/lib/schroot/tarballs) CHROOT_SNAPSHOT_DIR Use CHROOT_SNAPSHOT_DIR as home of mounted btrfs snapshots. (default /var/lib/schroot/snapshots) FILES
$HOME/.mk-sbuild.rc Sourced for environment variables (defined above). $HOME/.mk-sbuild.sources[.$DISTRO] Can contain a customized sources.list. It will be read when creating the schroot. If a file with ".ubuntu" or ".debian" is found (as appropriate) it will use used instead. See sources.list (5) for more details on the format. $HOME/.mk-sbuild.schroot.conf[.$SCHROOT_TYPE] Can contain a customized configuration section to be inserted into /etc/schroot/schroot.conf. If a file with ".lvm-snapshot", ".directory", ".file", or "btrfs-snapshot" is found (as appropriate) that file will use used instead. See schroot.conf (5) for more details on the format. USING THE CHROOTS
To CHANGE the golden image: sudo schroot -c ${SCHROOT_NAME}-source -u root To ENTER an image snapshot: schroot -c $SCHROOT_NAME To BUILD within a snapshot: sbuild -A -d $SCHROOT_NAME $PACKAGE*.dsc for example, to update the packages in a sid-amd64 golden image: schroot -c sid-amd64-source -u root -- sh -c "apt-get -qq update && apt-get -qy upgrade && apt-get clean" </dev/null SEE ALSO
sbuild-setup(7), sources.list(5), schroot.conf(5), https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SbuildLVMHowto AUTHOR
mk-sbuild was written by Kees Cook <kees@ubuntu.com>. This man page was written by Ryan Kavanagh <ryanakca@kubuntu.org>. Both are released under the GNU General Public License, version 3 or later. ubuntu-dev-tools 09 February 2010 MK-SBUILD(1)