Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers getting help on finding exception in running log file Post 302256506 by senthilkumar_ak on Monday 10th of November 2008 02:24:46 AM
Old 11-10-2008
Lightbulb getting help on finding exception in running log file

Hi all,

I am trying to write a script for an application server log file where i want to put this script as a cron tab entry and it will check the server log file last 1000/500 line for every fifteen minute.

i am using the script like this.

count=`tail -n 1000 Trace.log | grep -c 'JmsTimeOutException'`
if [ $count -ne 0 ]
then
echo "Error! $server is thrown JmsTimeOutException $(date +"%d-%b-%y at %X %Z")" > temp.txt
cat temp.txt | mail -s "Error! $server is thrown JmsTimeOutException $(date +"%d-%b-%y at %X %Z")" $mailid
rm temp.txt
fi

Now the problem is i need to check many exception and i want to mail that. I'm repeated the same code again and again in the script for every exception. i feel that i am following some wrong logic and trying tail the log again and again for each exception. Please suggest me some better think that i can use.

Thanks
Senthilkumar.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

finding a process running on a port

how do I find the process that is running on a port in HP-Unix? Murali (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: manduva
8 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

Urgent---Program for getting Exception from a log

Hi Friends, I am new to Unix, Now I am Working with shell scripting in my company Description:-By executing that script I need to get the exception from the log file I need the program for getting the Exceptions from the logfile,,and that program should be generic...I mean if i want to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anji
5 Replies

3. Programming

Exception Signal 11 while running JAVA code in UNIX

Hi, when i compile my java code in UNIX using javac, the class file is getting created. But when i try to run the code using java - classpath command, i get the following error. ---------------------------------------- /u/up11/sample/request:>java -classpath /u/up11/sample/request... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish2712
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

script for finding an error from a log file

Hi , I have a doubt about a shell script to find an ERROR from the log file. But I need to specify a the scan from a particular date and time in the log. Till now I have developed the following script. Please suggest what shall I add in this for date and time. If the script finds a particular... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: himvat
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with finding unique string in log file

Shell script help Here is 3 sample lines from a log file <date> INFO <java.com.blah> abcd:ID= user login <date> DEBUG <java.com.blah> <nlah bla> abcd:ID=123 user login <date> INFO <java.com.blah> abcd:ID=3243 user login I want to find unique "ID" from this log... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gubbu
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

Need help with a shell script for finding a certain pattern from log file

Hell Guys, Being a newbie, I need some help in finding a certain string from a log file of thousands of lines (around 30K lines) and have the output in a separate file. Below is the file output - 10.155.65.5 - - "POST... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockf1bull
15 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help finding info from log file

Hi, I have a log file that contains information such as this: date id number command1 command2 command3 command4 data data data date id number command1 command2 command3 command4 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding errors in log file only in last 10 minutes

Hi there, I have a log file that I need to check every 10 minutes to find if a specific error exists but only in that 10 minute period. The reason is that the log is quite large, and will frequently contain these errors, so I only want alerting if it in the last 10 minutes - I don't want... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: paul_vf
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding which is Running number

Hi All, I have a list of data in the listing file and I run row by row to process the record, but how to identify what is the current process line number ? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckwan
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor logs for exception and if exception come then sent an email

Hi Folks, please advise , I have logs generated on unix machine at location /ops/opt/aaa/bvg.log , now sometimes there come exception in these logs also, so I want to write such a script such that it should continuously monitor these logs and whenever any exception comes that is it try to find... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuntun27272727
3 Replies
RT::Client::REST::Exception(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  RT::Client::REST::Exception(3pm)

NAME
RT::Client::REST::Exception -- exceptions thrown by RT::Client::REST methods. DESCRIPTION
These are exceptions that are thrown by various RT::Client::REST methods. EXCEPTION HIERARCHY
RT::Client::REST::Exception This exception is virtual -- it is never thrown. It is used to group all the exceptions in this category. RT::Client::REST::OddNumberOfArgumentsException This means that the method you called wants key-value pairs. RT::Client::REST::InvaildObjectTypeException Thrown when you specify an invalid type to "show()", "edit()", or "search()" methods. RT::Client::REST::RequiredAttributeUnsetException An operation failed because a required attribute was not set in the object. RT::Client::REST::MalformedRTResponseException RT server sent response that we cannot parse. This may very well mean a bug in this client, so if you get this exception, some debug information mailed to the author would be appreciated. RT::Client::REST::InvalidParameterValueException Invalid value for comments, link types, object IDs, etc. RT::Client::REST::CannotReadAttachmentException Cannot read attachment (thrown from methods "comment()" and "correspond"). RT::Client::REST::RTException This is a virtual exception and is never thrown. It is used to group exceptions thrown because RT server returns an error. RT::Client::REST::ObjectNotFoundException One or more of the specified objects was not found. RT::Client::REST::AuthenticationFailureException Incorrect username or password. RT::Client::REST::UpdateException This is a virtual exception. It is used to group exceptions thrown when RT server returns an error trying to update an object. RT::Client::REST::CouldNotSetAttributeException For one or another reason, attribute could not be updated with the new value. RT::Client::REST::InvalidEmailAddressException Invalid e-mail address specified. RT::Client::REST::AlreadyCurrentValueException The attribute you are trying to update already has this value. I do not know why RT insists on treating this as an exception, but since it does so, so should the client. You can probably safely catch and throw away this exception in your code. RT::Client::REST::ImmutableFieldException Trying to update an immutable field (such as "last_updated", for example). RT::Client::REST::IllegalValueException Illegal value for attribute was specified. RT::Client::REST::UnknownCustomFieldException Unknown custom field was specified in the request. RT::Client::REST::InvalidQueryException Server could not parse the search query. RT::Client::REST::UnauthorizedActionException You are not authorized to perform this action. RT::Client::REST::AlreadyTicketOwnerException The owner you are trying to assign to a ticket is already the owner. This exception is usually thrown by methods "take()", "untake", and "steal", if the operation is a noop. RT::Client::REST::RequestTimedOutException Request timed out. RT::Client::REST::UnknownRTException Some other RT exception that the driver cannot recognize. METHODS
_get_exception_class Figure out exception class based on content returned by RT. _rt_content_to_exception Translate error string returned by RT server into an exception object ready to be thrown. SEE ALSO
Exception::Class, RT::Client::REST. AUTHOR
Dmitri Tikhonov <dtikhonov@yahoo.com> perl v5.14.2 2011-12-27 RT::Client::REST::Exception(3pm)