Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replacing a pattern in a line Post 302256406 by Annihilannic on Sunday 9th of November 2008 08:31:27 PM
Old 11-09-2008
Just add them to your replacement string:

Code:
$line =~ s/sip:.*/sip:$RequestURI\";/;

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing more than 1 pattern in a line

Hi, pls advise how we could make change to more than one pattern in a single line using sed.. ie: IGNORE abcd delete}}} COND IGNORE efgh}}} will yield in abcd delete}} COND IGNORE efgh}}} Pls note that IGNORE may not be in the start of line, IGNORE is intended to be... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manan
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

while replacing the pattern last line is last

I am using sed command to replace the pattern, i am replacing value of variable x with value of nw for a file temp2. /usr/bin/sed 's|'$x'|'$nw'|' temp2 > $file After running it my last line is getting lost. What can be reason of this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dixitked
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find pattern delete line with pattern and line above and line below

I have a file that will sometimes contain a pattern. The pattern is this: W/D FRM CHK 00 I want to find any lines with this pattern, delete those lines, and also delete the line above and the line below. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nickg
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find pattern, delete line with pattern and line above and line below

I have a file that will sometimes contain a pattern. The pattern is this: FRM CHK 0000 I want to find any lines with this pattern, delete those lines, and also delete the line above and the line below. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nickg
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing a pattern in different cases in different columns with a single pattern

Hi All I am having pipe seperated inputs like Adam|PeteR|Josh|PEter Nick|Rave|Simon|Paul Steve|smith|PETER|Josh Andrew|Daniel|StAlin|peter Rick|PETer|ADam|RAVE i want to repleace all the occurrence of peter (in any case pattern PeteR,PEter,PETER,peter,PETer) with Peter so that output... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudeep.id
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep the word from pattern line and update in subsequent lines till next pattern line reached

Hi, I have got the below requirement. please suggest. I have a file like, Processing Item is: /data/ing/cfg2/abc.txt /data/ing/cfg3/bgc.txt Processing Item is: /data/cmd/for2/ght.txt /data/kernal/config.klgt.txt I want to process the above file to get the output file like, ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbalaj16
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding the pattern and replacing the pattern inside the file

i have little challenge, help me out.i have a file where i have a value declared and and i have to replace the value when called. for example i have the value for abc and ccc. now i have to substitute the value of value abc and ccc in the place of them. Input File: go to &abc=ddd; if... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: saaisiva
16 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing lines matching a multi-line pattern (sed/perl/awk)

Dear Unix Forums, I am hoping you can help me with a pattern matching problem. What am I trying to do? I want to replace multiple lines of a text file (that match a multi-line pattern) with a single line of text. These patterns can span several lines and do not always have the same number of... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: thefang
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to combine lines from line with pattern match to a line that ends in a pattern

I am trying to combine lines with these conditions: 1. First line starts with text of "libname VALUE db2 datasrc" where VALUE can be any text. 2. If condition1 is met then continue to combine lines through a line that ends with a semicolon. 3. Ignore case when matching patterns and remove any... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wes Kem
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Get an output of lines in pattern 1st line then 10th line then 11th line then 20th line and so on.

Input file: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sagar Singh
6 Replies
SELRECORD(9)						   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual					      SELRECORD(9)

NAME
selrecord, selwakeup -- record and wakeup select requests SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/param.h> #include <sys/selinfo.h> void selrecord(struct thread *td, struct selinfo *sip); void selwakeup(struct selinfo *sip); DESCRIPTION
selrecord() and selwakeup() are the two central functions used by select(2), poll(2) and the objects that are being selected on. They handle the task of recording which threads are waiting on which objects and the waking of the proper threads when an event of interest occurs on an object. selrecord() records that the calling thread is interested in events related to a given object. If another thread is already waiting on the object a collision will be flagged in sip which will be later dealt with by selwakeup(). selrecord() acquires and releases sellock. selwakeup() is called by the underlying object handling code in order to notify any waiting threads that an event of interest has occurred. If a collision has occurred, selwakeup() will increment nselcoll, and broadcast on the global cv in order to wake all waiting threads so that they can handle it. If the thread waiting on the object is not currently sleeping or the wait channel is not selwait, selwakeup() will clear the TDF_SELECT flag which should be noted by select(2) and poll(2) when they wake up. The contents of *sip must be zeroed, such as by softc initialization, before any call to selrecord() or selwakeup(), otherwise a panic may occur. selwakeup() acquires and releases sellock and may acquire and release sched_lock. SEE ALSO
poll(2), select(2) AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Chad David <davidc@FreeBSD.org> and Alfred Perlstein <alfred@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
June 13, 2007 BSD