Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with getopt
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with getopt Post 302256296 by giorgos193 on Sunday 9th of November 2008 08:11:59 AM
Old 11-09-2008
How could i enforce multiple option?

Ok... it seems to be too difficult for me.... I should probably give up on this...

I'll try to implement differently my code! Thanks a lot for your response!

Last edited by giorgos193; 11-09-2008 at 09:47 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

getopt help

scriptname i have made a script to perform so tasks and i managed to complete the tasks for all the options the problem i am facing is that i can run the scripts individually but i would like to make it such that it can accept multiple options and give me the appropriate output e.g.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: problems
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

getopt

#!/bin/sh set -- `getopt "abco:" "$@"` a= b= c= o= while : do case "$1" in -a) a=1;; -b) b=1;; -c) c=1;; -o) shift; o="$1";; --) break;; esac shift done shift # get rid of -- # rest of script... # e.g. ls -l $@ (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hitori
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

getopt help

I m trying to use getopt This is my script, but it doesn't take argument in variable, Please help. set - - `getopt mscl: $*` if then echo "Exiting...." exit 2 fi for i in $* do case $i in -m) MAIL="$i"; shift;; -s) SCRIPT=$OPTARG; shift;; -c) COB=$OPTARG; shift;;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: darshakraut
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

getopt help

:) Can anybody help me about how to use getopt in shell scripting. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: darshakraut
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

getopt in perl

Hi, I have a perl script with two functions say func a and func b. sub a { ----------- --------- } sub b { --------- --------- } I want to use this function on command line as we can do in shell script using getopt. My motto here is to run the script like this ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Getopt::Std

I am working on a script that lists files in a directory with a few file attributes depending on what option the user specifies at the command prompt. The script uses Getopt::Std and takes two switches. The first switch allows the user to specify a directory, the second switch gives a long... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Breakology
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use of getopt with and without argument

Hi, I am in middle of using some getopt command and am finding some issue. The usage of my script can be like this: abc.sh <-d | -p |-r> -online < 0 | 1> The first argument can be either -d or -p or -r. The second argument can be either -s and a id or a file name. So I am stuck up in writing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachin.ag
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using Getopt Option

Hi I need to use getopt option and I have no idea what it is or how to use it. I need to use it on this awk script: awk -F, -v cellid="$1" -v paramval="$2" -v oldfile="$3" -v newfile="$4" '$2==cellid{$3=newvalue}1' OFS="," $3 > $4 I tried reading up on it but I just confuse... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ladyAnne
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

getopt in CSH

I am struggling to understand how getopt can be used in a csh script. can anybody post a csh script using getopt. Please! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: animesharma
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getopt Help

Hi All, An old work friend wrote a script which I've been trying to understand how a section of it currently works and work out how i can add some command line switches which i can use later in the script to append the output depending on the command line arguements. Currently it works by... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mutley2202
1 Replies
mms_rsp_type(3MMS)				     Media Management System Library Functions					mms_rsp_type(3MMS)

NAME
mms_rsp_type, mms_get_tree, mms_get_str, mms_get_attribute, mms_handle_err_rsp - MMS client functions for handling responses SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag...] file... -lmms [ library...] #include <mms_api.h> int mms_rsp_type(void *response); mms_par_node_t *mms_get_tree(void *response); char *mms_get_str(void *response); char *mms_get_attribute(void *response, char *name, void **prev); int mms_handle_err_response(void *response, int * class, int * code, char **message); DESCRIPTION
For these functions, response is the MMS response to an MMP command sent by the client. The mms_rsp_type() macro returns the type of the response. The following is a list of responses: MMS_API_RSP_UNACC unacceptable response MMS_API_RSP_FINAL success response MMS_API_RSP_FINAL_INTR intermediate response MMS_API_RSP_FINAL_ERR error response MMS_API_RSP_FINAL_CANC cancelled response The mms_get_tree() macro returns the parse tree of the response. The mms_get_str() macro returns the response string. The mms_get_attribute() function takes a response with name values looking for name, and returning the value associated with it. A client can call this function multiple times if the response contains multiple instances of name. When all occurrences of name have been found, NULL is returned. The mms_handle_err_rsp() function processes an error response on behalf of the client. It returns the error class, error code, and the internationalized error message if one was included. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, mms_handle_err_rsp() returns MMS_API_OK. If it encounters a processing error, it returns an error code indicat- ing the type of error. ERRORS
These functions will fail if: MMS_API_ERROR Unable to obtain error class or code. MMS_API_NOT_ERR_RSP Response is not an error response. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Uncommitted | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
libmms(3LIB), mms_init(3MMS), mms_send_cmd(3MMS), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 28 Oct 2008 mms_rsp_type(3MMS)