Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sed to grep only numbers in string Post 302255894 by chatwizrd on Friday 7th of November 2008 10:19:24 AM
Old 11-07-2008
Nice use of the worm character :P

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep a string in a line using sed

Hi, I'm trying to grep a string in a line using sed. My original data looks like this: MRTG$ grep -i "System" $file <H1>Traffic Analysis for 15 -- sERITHC3602.t-mobile.co.uk</H1> <TABLE> <TR><TD>System:</TD> <TD>sERITHC3602 in </TD></TR> <TR><TD>Maintainer:</TD> <TD></TD></TR>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: viadisky
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need shell/sed script for grep+string replacement

Hi, Let me explain the situation. There are many files in a directory and its sub-directories that conatin the string pattern "pa". I want to replace all such instances with the pattern "pranavagarwal" doing a grep "pa" `ls` does give me all the instances of the occurence of that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pranavagarwal
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Like grep -v for a string over 2 lines? Sed?

Hi, I have a log file that I need to monitor as it's being written to, and I want to exclude certain strings from the output. At the moment I'm using ... tail -f LogFileName_`date +%d`.log | egrep -v "First String To Exclude | 2nd string | 3rd string" ...which works OK - but now I need to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jake657
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed/grep string replace question

Hi all, I know this question has probably been answered before, but I am struggling with this problem, even after googling a million pages. In a file named rdmt.conf I need a single character replaced, the number in the line below CUR_OC4J_ID=1 It will always appear after... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mike AAA
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

GREP/SED - get string in a line

Hi, I simply try to get a string in a line but I do smth. wrong. Hopfefully you can help me ;) tried smth like: ggrep -Eo " /folder1/folder2/folder3/* end" get_info_file > temp.file I played a bit around but could not specify the end string command... So this is the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: unknown7
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

String: Grep / SED for multy line search

Hi, At first I want to please you to provide the solution with grep/sed if possible. :cool: File looks like: wished result: so I want in a new file BLUE@@RED string from first line like: grep "/folder_start" cs_src > tmp1 string from second line: grep "/main" cs_src... (14 Replies)
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help please with Grep/Sed command to extract text and numbers from a file

Hello All, I need to extract lines from a file that contains ALPHANUMERIC and the length of Alphanumeric is set to 16. I have pasted the sample of the lines from the text file that I have created. My problem is that sometimes 16 appears in other part of the line. I'm only interested to... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnassiri
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep and sed (replace string in patterned lines)

Grep and Sed (replace string in patterned lines) Hi all, I want to grep for "PATTERN" and only if "PATTERN" is in a line, this line shall be used as replacement input e.g. for SED. I don't get it running in one line. NOT RUNNING - just first idea... I don't know how to redirect grep... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace string of a file with a string of another file for matches using grep,sed,awk

I have a file comp.pkglist which mention package version and release . In 'version change' and 'release change' line there are two versions 'old' and 'new' Version Change: --> Release Change: --> cat comp.pkglist Package list: nss-util-devel-3.28.4-1.el6_9.x86_64 Version Change: 3.28.4 -->... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Paras Pandey
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting string from xml tags using sed and grep

how to get string from tags using sed and grep i try to capture the tags : <groupId>org.test.proj.assent</groupId> <artifactId>mainapp</artifactId> <version>mainapp.1.4</version> <packaging>pom</packaging> <name>main app 1</name> and then from there i guess i will... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
7 Replies
GENWORM(1)						      General Commands Manual							GENWORM(1)

NAME
genworm - generate a RADIANCE description of a functional worm SYNOPSIS
genworm mat name 'x(t)' 'y(t)' 'z(t)' 'r(t)' nseg [ -e expr ][ -f file ] DESCRIPTION
Genworm produces a RADIANCE scene description of a worm defined by the parametric equations x(t), y(t), z(t), and r(t) (the radius). T will vary from 0 to 1 in steps of 1/nseg. The surface will be composed of nseg cones or cylinders and nseg+1 spheres. The expressions are of the same type used in RADIANCE function files. Auxiliary expressions and/or files may be specified in any number of -e and -f options. EXAMPLE
To generate a banana: genworm yellow banana '0' '5*sin(t)' '5*cos(t)' '.4-(.5-t)*(.5-t)' 20 AUTHOR
Greg Ward BUGS
Since the worm is constructed of intersecting surfaces, only opaque materials should be used with this object. Also, a worm cannot double back inside itself without making a mess. SEE ALSO
genrbox(1), genrev(1), gensurf(1), icalc(1), rpict(1), rvu(1), xform(1) RADIANCE
11/15/93 GENWORM(1)