Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Automatic reboot does not work after power failure Post 302255873 by aribault on Friday 7th of November 2008 09:46:29 AM
Old 11-07-2008
Automatic reboot does not work after power failure

Hi all,

I have a server SUN FUJITSU in solaris 10 ; result of uname -a is :
SunOS MOBD1 5.10 Generic_118833-03 sun4us sparc FJSV,GPUZC-M

I have configured the eeprom to auto-boot as usual and this automatic reboot does not work in case of power failure. I must type "boot" on the prompt "ok" on the console.

On solaris 9 there was a parameter "auto-boot-on-error?" but it does not exist in solaris 10.

Is there something else to do in solaris 10 ? (I join the result of the command eeprom|sort in the attached file)

Thanks for your answers.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reboot the Unix work station

Hi I'd like to know if to reboot a work station I need the root permission. If not what is the procedure ( commands or steps ) to reboot a work station. Cheers Mohsen (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohsen
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Restart on power failure

How do I configure my workstation (Solaris 9) to restart and perform any check disk automatically if there is a power failure? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: here2learn
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sys-unconfig doesn't work after reboot

Hi All! I'm running "Solaris 10 10/08 s10s_u6wos_07b SPARC" on M5000. I ran sys-unconfig and after the machine rebooted the system did not prompt me for configuration info (system name, ip address, etc). I have also modified /etc/.sysIDtool.state changing all "1" to "0" and touch... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
1 Replies

4. SCO

file system not getting mounted in read write mode after system power failure

After System power get failed File system is not getting mounted in read- write mode (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gtkpmbpl
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Automatic startup of SSH at reboot ?

hi friends, any idea how do we configure a automatic startup of SSH services in Solaris boot ? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Exposure
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

boot up failure unix sco after power failure

hi power went out. next day unix sco wont boot up error code 303. any help appreciated as we are clueless. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredthayer
11 Replies

7. Solaris

After power failure, SunFireV240 with SOLARIS 5.9 cannot start

SUNW, Sun Fire V240 Spare Sun OS Release 5.9 After a power failure we try to start the server We have the following messages: Thanks for your assistance (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: doudou2012
7 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Reboot does not work after update

Hi guys, thanks for your help. I recently did a yum update on my rhel6.4 server. After this update, user logins take for ever and the reboot command does not work. When I do a reboot, the server hangs. Nothing happens. Any help with this will be appreciated. Thank you (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Power failure: file damage?

~#hello -all, Many UNIX/Linux/BSD/etc books warn about turn off the puter without a proper shutdown. This can damage files which are open at that moment. Seems logical to me. My question is.. does the system warn you when there are damaged files when the system is up again? I had a power failure... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: raylier
7 Replies

10. AIX

Automatic Server bootup after power outage?

Hi everyone, We had a power outage few days ago, and I got the servers up and running but I was informed to look into, if there is a way to bring up the servers automatically/defaultly. I was told the windows admin has their server set up where the servers are up automatically if there is a... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adnans2k
11 Replies
reboot(3C)						   Standard C Library Functions 						reboot(3C)

NAME
reboot - reboot system or halt processor SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/reboot.h> int reboot(int howto, char *bootargs); DESCRIPTION
The reboot() function reboots the system. The howto argument specifies the behavior of the system while rebooting and is a mask con- structed by a bitwise-inclusive-OR of flags from the following list: RB_AUTOBOOT The machine is rebooted from the root filesystem on the default boot device. This is the default behavior. See boot(1M) and kernel(1M). RB_HALT The processor is simply halted; no reboot takes place. This option should be used with caution. RB_ASKNAME Interpreted by the bootstrap program and kernel, causing the user to be asked for pathnames during the bootstrap. RB_DUMP The system is forced to panic immediately without any further processing and a crash dump is written to the dump device (see dumpadm(1M)) before rebooting. Any other howto argument causes the kernel file to boot. The interpretation of the bootargs argument is platform-dependent. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, reboot() never returns. Otherwise, -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
The reboot() function will fail if: EPERM The {PRIV_SYS_CONFIG} privilege is not asserted in the effective set of the calling process. SEE ALSO
Intro(1M), boot(1M), dumpadm(1M), halt(1M), init(1M), kernel(1M), reboot(1M), uadmin(2) SunOS 5.11 22 Mar 2004 reboot(3C)