Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Validating XSL sheet data in Unix Data file Post 302255839 by otheus on Friday 7th of November 2008 08:32:14 AM
Old 11-07-2008
Can you please provide more detailed information? What format is the Excel file in ? Are the record numbers in the Excel sheet and you are validating them against data in another file, or the other way around?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

validating data

I have a file like the following aaaaa00005bbbbb aaaaa00108bbbbb The code "00005" and "00108" need to be validated and the list of valid codes are stored in a database. While I loop through the file, should call a sql statement for every records to do the validation? or is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joanneho
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can import data files to XL sheet.

Hi, I have the file(F1.XL) in Unix Box. it's updating every 1hr. I would like to import f1.xl to Windows excel sheet, when i need see the reports. can any one clarify, is there any VB script for importing data from UNIX, like sql connection.... thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to read the data from an excel sheet and use those data as variable in the unix c

I have 3 columns in an excel sheet. c1 c2 c3 EIP_ACCOUNT SMALL_TS_01 select A.* from acc; All the above 3 col shoud be passed a variable in the unix code. 1.How to read an excel file 2.How to pass these data as variable to the unic script (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anne Grace
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to fill the name of the spread sheet as a cell's data

In open office spreadsheet, i would like to fill a cell with the name of the spread sheet. That is if the file name of spread sheet is, team.ods, then i have to fill a specific cell with that name 'team'. How to do that ? I have more spread sheets to be created, so i want it to be done... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thegeek
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

HOWTO create in UNIX a Microsoft Excel-Sheet (with data from Oracle)

Hi HOWTO create in UNIX a Microsoft Excel sheet (with data from Oracle). At the moment I am making CSV files (using SQL statemens with || ';'), but search for more advanced formatting. Don't wish to use Perl. cheers (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

validating data in columns and writing them to new file

I have a file that contains records in the below format: 23857250998423948239482348239580923682396829682398094823049823948 23492780582305829852095820958293582093585823095892386293583203248 23482038509825098230958235234230502958205983958235820358205892095... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellhelp
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy Data from CSV file to Excel Sheet using Perl

Hi All, Firstly I will like to wish A Happy New Year to all. Now my issue is I have one csv file say(data.csv) and one excel file say(result.xls) The result.xls contains two sheet name Sheet1 and Sheet2, Now What I am trying to do is to First I want to delete that data of Sheet2 if present any,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: adisky123
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Load UNIX data into excel sheet

Hi, i have some data in a temporary file in Unix (the data is taken from the result of an SQL query). Now i want to dump that data into an excel sheet. How to do that. Someone please advise. Thanks Regards, Vinit (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinit raj
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX data to be updated to ms excel sheet

hi, i wanted to add unix data to be updated to the excel sheet. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupesh.bombale
3 Replies
Excel::Writer::XLSX::Package::XMLwriterSimple(3pm)	User Contributed Perl Documentation	Excel::Writer::XLSX::Package::XMLwriterSimple(3pm)

NAME
XMLwriterSimple - Light weight re-implementation of XML::Writer. This module is used internally by Excel::Writer::XLSX. DESCRIPTION
This module is used by Excel::Writer::XLSX for writing XML documents. It is a light weight re-implementation of XML::Writer. XMLwriterSimple is approximately twice as fast as XML::Writer. This speed is achieved at the expense of error and correctness checking. In addition not all of the XML::Writer methods are implemented. As such, XMLwriterSimple is not recommended for use outside of Excel::Writer::XLSX. If required XMLwriterSimple can be overridden and XML::Writer can be used in its place by setting an "_EXCEL_WRITER_XLSX_USE_XML_WRITER" environmental variable: export _EXCEL_WRITER_XLSX_USE_XML_WRITER=1 perl example.pl Or for one off programs: _EXCEL_WRITER_XLSX_USE_XML_WRITER=1 perl example.pl This technique is used for verifying the test suite with both XMLwriterSimple and XML::Writer: _EXCEL_WRITER_XLSX_USE_XML_WRITER=1 prove -l -r t SEE ALSO
XML::Writer. AUTHOR
John McNamara jmcnamara@cpan.org COPYRIGHT
X MM-MMXII, John McNamara. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software. It may be used, redistributed and/or modified under the same terms as Perl itself. LICENSE
Either the Perl Artistic Licence <http://dev.perl.org/licenses/artistic.html> or the GPL <http://www.opensource.org/licenses/gpl-license.php>. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
See the documentation for Excel::Writer::XLSX. perl v5.10.1 2012-04-02 Excel::Writer::XLSX::Package::XMLwriterSimple(3pm)