Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Vi Editor doesn't work with V490 Post 302255541 by congngo on Thursday 6th of November 2008 04:01:48 PM
Old 11-06-2008
need to add this in as well

#export EDITOR=vi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why doesn't this work?

cat .servers | while read LINE; do ssh jason@$LINE $1 done exit 1 ./command.ksh "ls -l ~jason" Why does this ONLY iterate on the first server in the list? It's not doing the command on all the servers in the list, what am I missing? Thanks! JP (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpeery
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script doesn't work, but commands inside work

Howdie everyone... I have a shell script RemoveFiles.sh Inside this file, it only has two commands as below: rm -f ../../reportToday/temp/* rm -f ../../report/* My problem is that when i execute this script, nothing happened. Files remained unremoved. I don't see any error message as it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cheongww
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

useradd doesn't work! why??

# uname -a Linux localhost.localdomain 2.4.20-8 #1 Thu Mar 13 17:54:28 EST 2003 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux # useradd 4141421248 useradd: invalid user name '4141421248' why??? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cqlouis
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

echo doesn't work right

Hi,when I run my first shell script,I got something that doesn't work right. I wrote this code in the script. echo -e "Hello,World\a\n"But the screen print like this: -e Hello,World The "-e" wasn't supposed to be printed out. Can anyone help me out?:wall: Many thanks!:) (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: Demon
25 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

My if statement doesn't work why?

I have the following and for some reason I can't have two options together. I mean if I choose -u and -p it won't work... why? #!/bin/bash resetTime=1 mytotalTime=0 totalHour=0 totalMin=0 averagemem=0 finalaverage=0 times=0 function usage() { cat << EOF USAGE: $0 file EOF } (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: bashily
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Function doesn't work

Hello, and here's my problem: I can't get my function to do what I want. When I call my function get_from_A_to_F I give it an argument $remainder. I want my function to substitute a number higher than 9 to a specific letter. If the argument is equal to 10 than it should change it to "A".... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: linas
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why doesn't this work?

find . -name "05_scripts" -type d -exec mv -f {}/'*.aep\ Logs' {}/.LogFiles \; Returns this failure: mv: rename ./019_0120_WS_WH_gate_insideTEST/05_scripts/*.aep\ Logs to ./019_0120_WS_WH_gate_insideTEST/05_scripts/.LogFiles/*.aep\ Logs: No such file or directory I don't know why it's trying... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: scribling
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How come this if statement doesn't work?

greetings, the following code isn't working as i expect it to. the first dbl brackets do but the second set gets ignored. ie: if i'm on t70c6n229 it echoes "Something" and i expect it not to. what am i missing? if " ]] || " ]]; then echo "Something" fi thanx! (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: crimso
9 Replies

9. HP-UX

Sudo doesn't work

I edited sudoers like this:vi /etc/sudoers subex ALL =(root) NOPASSWD: /usr/ccs/bin/pstack But the respective user still is prompted for password, and even when the right password is used, the command is still not launched.$sudo usr/ccs/bin/pstack 26557 We trust you have received the usual... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: black_fender
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

-ne 0 doesn't work -le does

Hi, I am using korn shell. until ] do echo "\$# = " $# echo "$1" shift done To the above script, I passed 2 parameters and the program control doesn't enter inside "until" loop. If I change it to until ] then it does work. Why numeric comparison is not working with -ne and works... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab_2010
3 Replies
native::Delta(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  native::Delta(3)

NAME
SVN::Delta - Subversion delta functions SYNOPSIS
require SVN::Core; require SVN::Repos; require SVN::Delta; # driving an editor my $editor = SVN::Delta::Editor-> new(SVN::Repos::get_commit_editor($repos, "file://$repospath", '/', 'root', 'FOO', &committed)); my $rootbaton = $editor->open_root(0); my $fbaton = $editor->add_file('filea', $rootbaton, undef, -1); my $ret = $editor->apply_textdelta($fbaton, undef); SVN::TxDelta::send_string("FILEA CONTENT", @$ret); # implement an editor in perl SVN::Repos::dir_delta($root1, $path, undef, $root2, $path, SVN::Delta::Editor->new(_debug=>1), 1, 1, 0, 1 DESCRIPTION
SVN::Delta wraps delta related function in subversion. The most important one is SVN::Delta::Editor, the interface for describing tree deltas. by default SVN::Delta::Editor relays method calls to its internal member "_editor", which could either be an editor in C (such as the one you get from get_commit_editor), or another SVN::Delta::Editor object. SVN
::Delta::Editor Driving Editors If you want to drive a native editor (such as commit_editor obtained by SVN::Repos::get_commit_editor), create a SVN::Delta::Editor object with the native editor/baton pair. The object will then be ready to use and its method calls will be relayed to the native editor. Implementing Editors If you want to implement an editor, subclass SVN::Delta::Editor and implement the editors callbacks. see the METHODS section below. CONSTRUCTOR - new(...) new($editor, $editor_baton) Link to the native editor You can also pass a hash array to new: _debug Turn on debug. _editor An arrayref of the editor/baton pair or another SVN::Delta::Editor object to link with. METHODS Please consult the svn_delta.h section in the Subversion API. Member functions of svn_delta_editor_t could be called as methods of SVN::Delta::Editor objects, with the edit_baton omitted. The pool is also optional. If you are subclassing, the methods take exactly the same arguments as the member functions (note that void ** are returned data though as throughout the perl bindings), with the edit_baton omitted. BUGS
Functions returning editor/baton pair should really be typemapped to a SVN::Delta::Editor object. AUTHORS
Chia-liang Kao <clkao@clkao.org> COPYRIGHT
Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one or more contributor license agreements. See the NOTICE file distributed with this work for additional information regarding copyright ownership. The ASF licenses this file to you under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License. perl v5.16.3 2011-07-16 native::Delta(3)