Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: File Integrity Check
Operating Systems Solaris File Integrity Check Post 302255401 by pupp on Thursday 6th of November 2008 10:35:45 AM
Old 11-06-2008
i think your best bet might be to do what i said above. i looked around and found someone used rsync with linux and copied to a new mount.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Check EOF char in Unix. OR To check file has been received completely from a remote system

Advance Thanks. (1) I would like to know any unix/Linux command to check EOF char in a file. (2) Or Any way I can check a file has been reached completely at machine B from machine A. Note that machine A ftp/scp the file to machine B at unknown time. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexalex1
5 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

File Integrity checker with recovery

Hello friends I have an CentosOS 5 box running Apache, I want to Install a powerful File Integrity checker with recovery option to maintain any changes may be happened without my hand Could you help me to recommend such solution Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: reaky
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

data integrity check needed

Hi friends I need copied 100gd of data to other Solaris server. Could anyone help me guiding appropriate way of checking data integrity at source and destination so can I delete the data at source location . How can print/check cksum of individual file in each folder and match it with... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hk_kamozalwar
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

compressed and tar file integrity

How can I ensure the folder that I tar and compress is good to be archive in DVD or tape? Must I uncompress and untar the file, or there is any way to tell the integerity of the compressed file before send to archive? I have bad experience on this, which the archive compressed file cold not be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivien_chu
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Integrity check for the backup

Hello I thought of different ways of integrity check for the backup and look for the fastest approach to start programming. in all these approaches randomness is used. I would appreciate if someone give more suggestions or correct me. 1- Machine Name Check We can check if the machines were... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: frhling
5 Replies
SWITCH_ROOT(8)                                                 System Administration                                                SWITCH_ROOT(8)

NAME
switch_root - switch to another filesystem as the root of the mount tree SYNOPSIS
switch_root [-hV] switch_root newroot init [arg...] DESCRIPTION
switch_root moves already mounted /proc, /dev, /sys and /run to newroot and makes newroot the new root filesystem and starts init process. WARNING: switch_root removes recursively all files and directories on the current root filesystem. OPTIONS
-h, --help Display help text and exit. -V, --version Display version information and exit. RETURN VALUE
switch_root returns 0 on success and 1 on failure. NOTES
switch_root will fail to function if newroot is not the root of a mount. If you want to switch root into a directory that does not meet this requirement then you can first use a bind-mounting trick to turn any directory into a mount point: mount --bind $DIR $DIR SEE ALSO
chroot(2), init(8), mkinitrd(8), mount(8) AUTHORS
Peter Jones <pjones@redhat.com> Jeremy Katz <katzj@redhat.com> Karel Zak <kzak@redhat.com> AVAILABILITY
The switch_root command is part of the util-linux package and is available from https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux June 2009 SWITCH_ROOT(8)